Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel Residence SPA & Beauty Farm
New York
“Peaceful retreat”
Reviewed 18 June 2007

I was ambivilant about "spilling the beans" on a gem of a hotel as I didn't was to spread the word for fear I'd never get a reservation but decided to give something back to this website as I've gotten so much myself. I was part of a photo tour that used the hotel as a base of operations for 1 week in mid May.The most outstanding feature of our stay was the location of the somewhat plainly built and decorated units. It is the heart of Tuscany, within walking distance of the walled village of San Quirico d'Orcia. When we arried we realized we were not the only tour group there who found the hotel. Others realized its value (financially as well as geographically) too. Altough there were three tours staying, (two photo tours and a watercolor group) you never felt cramped as folks were busy doing there thing outside and never in your way. You are minutes away from other georgous, medieval villages and cities. There are landscapes within walking distance that appear regularly on commercial postcards and posters. Breathtaking. The staff who were multilingual, was friendly, helpful and eager to assist. I was especially pleased when the night manager realized many of our group members were out to shoot landscapes at 4:30 or 5:00 (AM) and asked us if we would like coffee to be served before we went on our way! The breakfasts, served European buffet style, sufficed. There is an upscale restaurant on the premises (I didn't have a meal there opting instead to dine at various very good outdoor cafes and restaurants in the village of San Quirico d.Orcia). Others in my group gave the onsite dining very mixed reviews, all agreed it was expensive. The outdoor pool is another advantage. It overlooks wonderful scenes, is very well maintained and very inviting. The guests at the time of my stay were from Britian and the continent , our group rounding out with Americans. All were respectful of each other so I will be happy to bring my family next time. The hotel also boasts of a Wellness Center with indoor pool and spa, but I never saw it in use during my stay. Perhaps it was off season? I will be returning next year and plan on making my reservation now.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
DUDLEY
Reviewed 24 May 2007

Wonderful location right next to a medieval walled village although it may be a little quiet for some. Nightlife revolves around dinner in the hotel or preferably at a restaurant in the village. The menu in the hotel is very limited although breakfast is quite adequate. Rooms are to a high standard especially the superior rooms. A car is an absolute must for those not on an escorted tour.

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Disliked — DINNER MENU
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NYTRAM
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Quirico d'Orcia
0.4 km away
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclu...
#2 of 4 in San Quirico d'Orcia
1.1 km away
Hotel Palazzuolo
Hotel Palazzuolo
#1 of 4 in San Quirico d'Orcia
10.6 km away
Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery
Castello di Velona Resort, Therm...
#1 of 1 in Castelnuovo dell'Abate
4.0 km away
Albergo Posta Marcucci
Albergo Posta Marcucci
#2 of 3 in Bagno Vignoni

Been to Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel Residence SPA & Beauty Farm? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel Residence SPA & Beauty Farm

Property: Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel Residence SPA & Beauty Farm
Address: Strada Statale 146 6C, 53027 San Quirico d'Orcia, Italy
Region: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Siena > San Quirico d'Orcia
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in San Quirico d'Orcia
Hotel Class:3 star — Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel Residence SPA & Beauty Farm 3*
A perfect place to know Tuscany and its wonderful landscape On the Via Cassia, between Rome and Siena, there is Val d'Orcia valley. This valley is famous all over the world for its wines, its thermal water, history and for its landscape who was chosen as set of several films e.g.: English patient and The gladiator. Here, not far from the centre of San Quirico d'Orcia, a little medieval village, there is Wellness Center Casanova Hotel in a typical tuscany architecture building. From Wellness Center Casanova Hotel you can enjoy a wonderful view on all the surrounding valley. SPA A wellness area surrounded of nature The SPA of wellness centre casanova hotel was born to give attention to our clients. Here all is finalized to wellbeing. Our SPA is a place where you can take a relax break from your busy life. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HRS, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel Residence SPA & Beauty Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Casanova Wellness Center - Hotel Residence SPA & Beauty Farm San Quirico D'Orcia, Italy - Tuscany