We went for a day of spa experience with my girlfriends. Location on top of the hill overlooking spring Tuscany is breathtaking. Facilities are amazing - from thermal pools in the open air to the sauna area. Aphrodite sauna was a surprisingly amazing experience - one kind of knows what sauna is about, but this time is was not too hot, but it got me sweating nicely, but on top of it the big jar with coals in the middle of the sauna room was evaporating herbal mist out of Tuscan hill herbs - smell was so energizing and invigorating. Upon exit I took a cold shower nicely finished off with herbal mist putting herbal moisture all over body. Nice!!! Now on treatments. Master Ayurverdic treatment with Dr. Babu was a scam - he told me obvious things ( eat well, walk briskly every day, drink milk to sleep well) and then did a massage, of which I had another 2 scheduled for the day :-( I expected more wisdom and oriental medicinal insights / treatment. Now the Garshan massage was out this world exceptional experience with Massimo: it is basically massage with a raw silk glove, after which the powder of cinnamon, pomegranate and cardamom is rubbed all over the body and then you are left for a nice sweat in a sort of a capsule. I literally felt uplifted and energized after that - highly recommended!!!
Overall great day at the spa, but access fee of € 50 given I did 3 treatments and bought products from the beauty shop was way to excessive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in a country house style, the resort boasts 1000 square meters of thermal and sports swimming pools, a sauna and steam bath area delimited by the walls of an old travertine quarry. Waters are piped and chilled, and maintain their beneficial and healing properties intact: they are used for packs, hydro massages and mud therapy. The range of aesthetic treatments is wide – from the classic beauty treatments to fitness programs with different intensities; from holistic techniques for the well-being of body and mind to thermal treatments. Ayurveda is the pride of the spa: besides custom massages, you can also be examined by professional Indian doctors who, after a long session, give advices on the best health tips and diet to reach a psycho-physical well-being.The cookery is in tune with the general atmosphere. Thanks to a mix of original recipes from the Tuscan tradition and well-balanced solutions, food at Adler is divine, healthy and tasty at the same time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adler Thermae Spa And Relax Resort
- Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Hotel Bagno Vignoni
- Adler Thermae Hotel
- Hotel Adler Thermae Spa & Relax Resort Bagno Vignoni, Italy - Tuscany