“Best pizza and antipasti ”
Review of Chicco

Chicco
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

We chanced upon this little restaurant and decided to have dinner . Stefano's pizzas are the best! We even tried the mixed platter as a starter and it was out of this world ! Stefano changes the offer daily so you never get the same dishes twice - and not the usual Tuscan cold meat offer either! Delicate vegetarian tarts, unusual toppings on bruschetta ( pecorino cream with saffron and honey!!) and other inspired combinations ! Make sure you visit - Stefano is charming and helpful!

1  Thank Pat G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

The pizza at Chicco is most certainly in the top 5 pizzas I have ever eaten. The dough is not heavy and the toppings are very tasty and fresh. The service in the restaurant is very personal with the chef sitting us and taking time to explain the menu.
Overall one of the best restaurants we have eaten in during our stay in Tuscany.

1  Thank Harry T
Reviewed January 29, 2016

Stefano (owner and pizza chef!) has created a unique style of pizza. He doesn't use yeast, and the dough proves for a long time (6 days I think he said!), which produces a delicious sour-dough type of pizza that is much more digestible than a lot of the mass-produced pizzas.
The restaurant itself is also a bit different from the usual pizzeria - it is more modern and has lots of original artwork on the walls. We thought it was a genuine Italian place - not a tourist trap!

1  Thank twoeurotravellers
Reviewed November 2, 2015

The chef clearly cares about the pizza he makes and you can taste the difference. Personal service, great pizza and salad, casual dining. My hotel recommended it and it was great.

1  Thank bubble24
Reviewed September 17, 2015

Went here from TA reviews, I waited 90 mins before our pizza order arrived, after some prompting, the starter came out in a timely fashion, and then They lost our order - it's not rocket science, they have 6 - 8 tables outside, not a lot of people to watch, but no, they served so many people coming and going before we got our food and then To add insult to injury my husbands pizza came out and 7 mins later my calzone appeared, it was cold with a cold passata sauce poured over it it, I ate it because I was really hungry, otherwise I'd of exploded suffice to say, great spot, crap food, really crap service, would not, never, no way go there again. In fairness the gentleman was hugely apologetic and the fact that his front of house staff appeared to not care less, means the poor man is fighting a losing battle, they should strive to please everyone and not base the boast on The blackboard from the TA reviews - he was extremely apologetics and did give us a bottle of wine to say sorry, but our evening was ruined.