“Thai Food, at a fair price in a comfortable environment.”

Songkran Thai Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 152 Restaurants in St. Albert
Reviewed March 26, 2017

We stopped by earlier in the week to look over the menu for this new restaurant. We were advised to make a reservation so we did. Sunday evening at 5:00 PM there was lots of room but it filled up within 15 minutes!

We had the menu filled with a picture for every item and clear description of the selection. I'm not familiar with Thai food but I felt comfortable making my selections and I wasn't disappointed. The beef yellow curry, coconut rice and tea rounded out our simple meal. Every mouthful was a joy.

We will be returning, fir sure.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

Three of us went for lunch today. Three buddies, all over forty. None of us had been here since it opened a little while back so decided to try the new place.

And wow were we glad we did. Great menu selections, lunch specials, nice decor.

Two of us had the Panang curry with chicken and rice, and one had the wonton soup. Also a few spring rolls hit our table.

Everyone was very satisfied with the flavours and quality, portions were on par with similar restaurants, and service was great. Friendly and knowledgable on the menu.

Very easy to recommend, will definitely go back.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

we had our favourite tom yum soup it was amazing & lots of flavour in it.lots of choice on the menu to choose. great service,will be back.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

This was the old Jimmy's restaurant. It is nicely renovated for a casual dining experience.
The food is so delicious. We ordered the salad rolls ( 4 rolls but only 3 in photo ).

The Thai sausage salad was refreshing and tasty. It was spicy.

I had the green curry chicken which I loved. So delicious. I asked for extra spicy.

The pad Thai was beautifully fried. Tasty and noodles were nice and tender. Lots of meat.

Ordered too much food. Excited for the leftovers.

Can't wait to go back to try other dishes.

Reviewed March 8, 2017

I went to this new restaurant last week with my 2 adult children and their spouses.
This was the first time we had gone there. The service was impeccable. They explained dishes that we were unsure of and made suggestions. The food was EXCELLENT and so reasonably priced. Every one of us made different choices for our entree and each of us loved our meals, Not a single complaint from any of us. I highly recommend this place. Upon leaving, we were given take out menus. The hostess also asked us to tell them the next time we are in that we are family and she will make up some dishes for us to try. How to make us feel at home!!