“Mostly good with a couple of misses”
Review of Nello's Restaurant

Nello's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 160 Restaurants in St. Albert
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Italian cuisine
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Very good restaurant and we'll be back for sure.
The positives:
- Amazing calamari (best dish of the night)
- Friendly and unpretentious greeters and waiter
- Super large portion sizes (salad as part of the entrée was massive which I liked and tasty)
- Food was fairly good overall
- Fun and authentic Italian decor

The negatives:
- The filet mignon was honestly horrendous and was definitely the worst I've ever had in my lifetime. It was so overcooked that I thought that they had made a mistake and served me pork by mistake. To their credit they gave us a break on our bill which was nice but it didn't overcome this awful piece of meat which was their most expensive item on their menu.
- My girlfriend didn't love her veal scaloppini saying it was too salty but this may be a personal preference
- It took a bit longer than we would have liked to receive our entrees so there's room for improvement there

Overall I would recommend Nello's Restaurant but careful about ordering the Filet Mignon.

1  Thank Guitaro

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Nice and friendly service and atmosphere .. Drinks and food expensive for average meal

Not great value for a family outing .. Salad was the best thing we ordered .. Entrees very average .. $185.00 with tip for 2 couples 1 drink each

too pricey for me .. Won't return

2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We had the rack of lamb and was the best lamb I have had in a long time and my wife had the lobster pasta.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

the food is excellent , the staff more than wonderful, I would recommend that anyone go here once and you will go back for sure!!

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Good Italian food and nice atmosphere. I've been here a few times and found the food very tasty and the service ok. Will be back.