“Not a fan of the pizza”

Buco Pizzeria and Vino Bar
Ranked #25 of 155 Restaurants in St. Albert
Reviewed November 21, 2017

The chef here has won awards for this pizza. Just don't like it and find the menu limited. Cannelloni was good and loved the tortellini soup.

Sorrentino's R, Owner at Buco Pizzeria and Vino Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Good Day! Thank you for visiting Buco Pizzeria + Vino Bar in Saint Albert! We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that you did not like the pizza and found our menu to be limited but I am happy to read that you enjoyed our house-made cannelloni and tortellini soup. Pizza tastes nowadays are so subjective - there are so many different types and styles. Our pizza is a Neapolitan-style pizza and I respect your opinion if you do not like that particular style. We hope to see you back so you can try some of our assaggini, antipasti or off the grill menu items - the brined half chicken is our number one seller. We also offer a brunch menu Saturdays and Sundays. Thanks again for visiting us and have a great day!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

A friend and I had lunch at Buco. He was there before and practically twisted my arm to try the Classico pizza which I reluctantly did. What a great choice. The meats added just the right zing to the sauce and crust. While enjoying the meal, the manager came by and chatted with us. He was friendly, open and very approachable. I will be back!

Reviewed September 16, 2017

We went for dinner after reading trip advisor and were expecting excellent Italian food. We had a number of issues and most were not resolved.
We were quickly seated and the restaurant ambiance felt very good, the menu looked great and so did all the food we saw come out of the kitchen.
Our waitress was very friendly and offered lots of suggestions on what we should order but that is where our service ended with her. We never received water, I received a drink refill before our food came but she never checked on our drinks again and my friend sat with her empty beer glass in front of her all through dinner. We were seated behind a pillar and couldn't seem to catch her attention. We were brought the wrong bruschetta, we ordered onion with pine nuts and received something with salami on it? Again tried to get her attention and ended up just eating it. I ordered the mushroom ravioli, it was very good (small portion) but if someone with a big appetite had ordered it they would have required a second order. My friend ordered the porchetta and it was visibly dry, she ate one piece and couldn't eat it. By this time we just wanted to leave and were not at all happy with the lack of drinks, wrong appetizers and now dry meal. The waitress asked if there was something wrong with the food and my friend struggled and almost told her but then decided it wasn't worth it and said don't worry about it. We saw the waitress show the full plate to what appeared to be the manager but he never came to the table to check on us. Overall disappointed, it is difficult to find great Italian food and we were hopeful this place would have it. We were wrong.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

They have an extensive amount of italian wines that you can order by the glass. The mushroom ravioli there is my fave.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Went here with our grandchildren and had a very good meal. Their past sauce was the best we have had anywhere. And the Chicken Tortilla was delicious. We will return.

Sorrentino's R, Owner at Buco Pizzeria and Vino Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Thank you!