Ways to Experience Bruce Peninsula National Park
from US$186.04
More Info
from US$518.83
More Info
All reviews cyprus lake georgian bay bruce peninsula indian head cove visitor center observation tower marr lake trail rocky shore crystal clear water off season water shoes the cliff rock formations cold water campsite camping visitors
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Everything about this park is amazing. Camping was awesome in September although a little on the chilly side, but what can you expect that far north! The camp sites are generous in size and heavily treed which provides some seclusion. There were not many campers during September but I imagine it would be very crowded during the summer.
Hiking along the lake can be challenging in spots because of the rocks, which are unavoidable and vary in size. Definitely wear boots for this for this portion and you will be rewarded with the most spectacular views. Packing a lunch in a day pack provided us with a beautiful bird's eye view of the lake on the cliff's edge. I wouldn't take anything that is not necessary though if you plan on being adventurous and climbing some of the cliffs. Don't forget your camera!

6  Thank anniemich
Reviewed October 14, 2010

we went there for a week in the summer, we did hiking, cruising, sightseeing, fishing, shooting.... a lot of fun. Good place for couple and family.

3  Thank becooler
Reviewed December 13, 2008

We have been to many Provincial and National Parks throughout Canada and this is definetly one of the nicest ones we have been to. We stayed in the Cyprus Lake campground. We were there in September, so I am not sure what the park is like during the peak season, but while we were there the campground was very quiet and relaxing. We enjoyed the multiple trails that were very accessible from the campground, although the trail leading to Georgian Bay was much busier than the others. The area of Georgian Bay that the park is in is very beautiful, the water is bright blue and the views are amazing. The only thing we didn't like was the fact that there were no showers in the campground, but there were some pay-showers at a rest stop across the road from the entrance to the campground. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much.

9  Thank Krista Y
Reviewed September 10, 2008

My girlfriend and I recently returned from five days on the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario, Canada. And although I'm physically back in Rochester, New York, my mind is still on the Bruce.

I have been to some beautiful places, but there is something about the Bruce that really affects me. I can't stop daydreaming about the stunningly beautiful cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment as they meet the pure pristine waters of the Georgian Bay, the expansive and desolate sand beaches of the western coast, falling asleep to the sound of the waves lapping against the rocky shore of the Georgian Bay - and the tour of Fathom Five National Marine Park aboard the Great Blue Heron.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then just check out my pictures and hopefully they will do this place justice because I just can't seem to find the right words to express what an amazing place The Bruce is. I can't wait to go back.

29  Thank xrochester
Reviewed July 23, 2007

This was a beautiful park with lots to do and AMAZING swimming, bring your underwater camera its like being in the Carribean Sea, at the Georgian Bay part of the campground there are rocks and bluffs that plunge into the Bay and make fantastic diving boards, you can see straight down for well past 15 feet, the rocks are colourful too. The campground itself was nice but just so you know ahead of time there are NO SHOWERS in this park. Well worth the visit though.

3  Thank phillyredd