All reviews splash pad petting zoo premium cabin paddle boats ping pong outdoor gym pedal cars basketball court quiet family cost money table tennis exercise machines as stated in other reviews large sites fun things to do great camping hard working family
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Sure - they had lots of facilities and generally clean but too many rules, extremely unfriendly and way too many bible quotes for my liking. Just felt on edge the whole time like someone was watching us the whole time.

When we arrived, we checked in and the older woman was so unfriendly. We were handed the camp map - lovely sheet until I looked closely and saw bible quotes and warning 'you are entering this campground at your own risk'...I have never seen this before! Not very welcoming!

The Ten Commandments were proudly displayed above the campers clubhouse (as well as bible quotes in the clubhouse)...not on my vacation thanks!

We had to get up before 7am to get a parking pass for the Grotto at the nearby National Park. I returned at 715 but gates to get into the park are closed from 1030pm to 8am - what!? I am assuming the majority of campers will be going to the national park. When I approached the older women with this, she was unsympathetic.

Nothing was free - laundry was $3.50 a load (more than I have seen!) so decided to re-wear socks and they had lots of other activities with a price tag attached!

On a positive note, toilets were clean although no soap in dispenser.

3  Thank MJGlas
TobermoryVillageCamp, Manager at Tobermory Village Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Thank you for visiting and for your review! We work hard to provide clean facilities and lots of amenities for families and we're glad you found that here! Our entry gates have opening hours to help keep the park quiet for your fellow campers to enjoy. When you say "nothing was free", we're not sure what you mean. Most of our amenities are included in the camping fee (paddle boats, canoes, pool, splash pad, outdoor fitness, volleyball, basket ball, foosball table, hammocks, playgrounds etc) but yes, the laundry machines are coin operated. The cost is comparable to our local facilities. Thanks again for visiting!

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this place for two nights with my kids and husband. Very nice family oriented place with lots of things to do and very close to major attractions. The washroom was clean but there was no soap for a day and a half in the washroom. Overall everything was very well maintained. Only criticism is that the staff was extremely unfriendly. I only interacted with them at the time I checked in and checked out. The younger girl at the reception completely ignored me and the older woman was not very friendly either. I am not sure if this is because I am a visible minority or if they were like that towards everyone. There was no hello how are you. Just got to business. However the check in and check out was efficient. Didn't feel very welcomed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
TobermoryVillageCamp, Manager at Tobermory Village Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the park and all the amenities it has to offer. We're sorry you didn't find the staff very friendly. They certainly don't mean to come across that way and I know that one of the girls you are talking about is happily married to a minority person so it certainly has nothing to do with that. You mention that you only interacted with them for check-in and check-out and that these procedures were very efficient. Perhaps they were busy and were focused on being quick to help keep waiting times as short as possible. The summers get very busy and it's not nice when you've just driven a long time to check-in only to have to wait in line for a long time. That's just a thought as I know they don't mean to come across unfriendly. Again, thank you for your visit and your review. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice place for camping. They have cabins, and tents sites. It's very organized and clean. The service is outstanding. The ladies at the office are very polite and helpful. The guys and girls that bring the wood to your campfire ...so efficient. 5 star camping site. We went with our kids all young adults and we enjoyed it

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind words after your recent visit! We're so glad you enjoyed yourselves and we hope to welcome you back someday. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our second long weekend camping here this year. They have a nice, new, large store that has a good selection of toys, goodies and supplies. All ages enjoyed the pedal go carts ($10/hr). The pool looked inviting. Washrooms were always very, very clean (no spiders or bugs). A hair dryer was mounted to the wall of the Bath House for camper use. 3 outdoor sinks are available for washing dishes. Laundry facilities are available and clean. Gardens at the entrance are beautiful. Large ponds are free of algae. All in all still a nice campground. We ordered firewood and it was on our site within minutes. We had absolutely no issues with staff. Everyone seemed very friendly and kept to themselves. My only issue are the roads inside the campground. They are filled with huge potholes, making travel with a trailer precarious, and walking dangerous. They are a real tripping/falling hazard and very hard on vehicle suspension. Please grate your roads.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your repeat visit and for taking the time to write a review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the park clean. We will pass your message on about the pot holes. Walking in the park isn't dangerous and some pot holes do work really well to help keep cars from going so fast. Our park roads are filled with children and drivers often don't realize that children don't necessarily look before bouncing across the roads. Again, thank you and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

We loved this camp ground. Close to Tobemory. Friendly staff. Great for small kids. Clean bathrooms and showers within a easy walk. The only problem we had was noisy neighbours at 1 am. The sites are an ok size. There is exercise equipment if you desire a workout as well. Take their big yellow duck for a ride

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your review after your recent visit! We are glad you found the park clean and lots to do for the children. We apologize for your noisy neighbors. We try our best to keep the park quiet at night but unfortunately not everyone respects their fellow campers as they should. Thank you for visiting and enjoy the rest of your summer!