All reviews splash pad petting zoo premium cabin paddle boats ping pong outdoor gym pedal cars basketball court nice family exercise machines as stated in other reviews large sites fun things to do hard working family oriented place strict rules tent sites
Reviewed July 22, 2017

So I have to start by saying the 3 days we were at the camp ground it poured rain. The check in was fine and the store seems to have lots to offer. My first complaint would be they need to fill in the potholes. Very hard on the vehicles and trailers. We were given site 72. Our trailer isn't huge just 25 feet but we were concerned we wouldn't fit into our site. The slide out was right into the trees and our awning was right into the trees on the other side. Not very wide. It was also very wet and muddy as there is very little grass and not cement or gravel. There are so many trees it was very shaded so never dried out when the rain stopped. The back part of the campground as more open sites and bigger but then you aren't as close to everything. Our site did have all hookup which was nice. The only problem with the sewer is the pipe are high so we had to keep lifting our hose to get it to drain. When people came in on both sides we thought they were right inside our trailer with us. So close we could hear everything.

Now the positive. The bathrooms were very clean and they had lots of showers. in the front part of the park there are two bath/toilet buildings while at the back where there are more tenters and where the bigger sites are there was one big one that looks brand new. The little pond at the back had some outside fitness "machines" that I tried and they were a good workout but due to the rain I couldn't go back. If you go up to the store to buy firewood they delivered it right to your site which was nice. We could only have a fire the first night as it rained the next two evenings. The cabins looks really nice and perfect for anyone that doesn't have a trailer and doesn't like tents.

There is a no music rule which I guess makes sense but then all we heard were the little go cart bikes you could rent skidding what gravel there was on the roads. That kind of got on my nerves. They also have a no noise after 11 which friends of our said just before 11 their neighbors were told to be quiet. Our first night there the kids were out running around until well after 11 yet nothing was said to them.

There is a pond at the front with paddle boats but we couldn't go near the pond as there are sign saying no dogs at pond so we couldn't go,

Apparently there are dog kennels which we were going to use but again with the rain we couldn't go anywhere anyways. The golf course across the highway lets you take your take golfing and onto the patio which we were going to do had we been able to golf. At least they seems to be dog friendly over there.

All in all it was an okay experience and maybe had it been nicer weather we would've like it better. It was just damp, muddy and miserable.

We will probably give it another try.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
TobermoryVillageCamp, Manager at Tobermory Village Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit. We're sorry to hear you weren't totally satisfied with your campsite. You don't mention having asked to switch so not sure if you did or not but we always try our best to find you a site that you are happy with. We can understand the trees blocking the little bit of sun was probably not so welcome but on the sunny days campers sure love the large trees. We hear you about the rain. It's a blessing for sure but does complicate camping! It was so much rain, in fact, that some sites were closed due to flooding! Everything was wet and muddy! But the sun has come back out, things have dried up, and we've been having some gorgeous summer weather this week! As for the rules, quiet time doesn't begin until 11 PM. If something was mentioned to someone before then it would have been about something else. Perhaps about music because we have a music free policy all day and night. Overall, we are glad you had no major complaints and would visit us again! Thank you again for visiting!

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Sure - they had lots of facilities and generally clean but too many rules, extremely unfriendly and way too many bible quotes for my liking. Just felt on edge the whole time like someone was watching us the whole time.

When we arrived, we checked in and the older woman was so unfriendly. We were handed the camp map - lovely sheet until I looked closely and saw bible quotes and warning 'you are entering this campground at your own risk'...I have never seen this before! Not very welcoming!

The Ten Commandments were proudly displayed above the campers clubhouse (as well as bible quotes in the clubhouse)...not on my vacation thanks!

We had to get up before 7am to get a parking pass for the Grotto at the nearby National Park. I returned at 715 but gates to get into the park are closed from 1030pm to 8am - what!? I am assuming the majority of campers will be going to the national park. When I approached the older women with this, she was unsympathetic.

Nothing was free - laundry was $3.50 a load (more than I have seen!) so decided to re-wear socks and they had lots of other activities with a price tag attached!

On a positive note, toilets were clean although no soap in dispenser.

3  Thank MJGlas

Thank you for visiting and for your review! We work hard to provide clean facilities and lots of amenities for families and we're glad you found that here! Our entry gates have opening hours to help keep the park quiet for your fellow campers to enjoy. When you say "nothing was free", we're not sure what you mean. Most of our amenities are included in the camping fee (paddle boats, canoes, pool, splash pad, outdoor fitness, volleyball, basket ball, foosball table, hammocks, playgrounds etc) but yes, the laundry machines are coin operated. The cost is comparable to our local facilities. Thanks again for visiting!

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this place for two nights with my kids and husband. Very nice family oriented place with lots of things to do and very close to major attractions. The washroom was clean but there was no soap for a day and a half in the washroom. Overall everything was very well maintained. Only criticism is that the staff was extremely unfriendly. I only interacted with them at the time I checked in and checked out. The younger girl at the reception completely ignored me and the older woman was not very friendly either. I am not sure if this is because I am a visible minority or if they were like that towards everyone. There was no hello how are you. Just got to business. However the check in and check out was efficient. Didn't feel very welcomed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TobermoryVillageCamp, Manager at Tobermory Village Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the park and all the amenities it has to offer. We're sorry you didn't find the staff very friendly. They certainly don't mean to come across that way and I know that one of the girls you are talking about is happily married to a minority person so it certainly has nothing to do with that. You mention that you only interacted with them for check-in and check-out and that these procedures were very efficient. Perhaps they were busy and were focused on being quick to help keep waiting times as short as possible. The summers get very busy and it's not nice when you've just driven a long time to check-in only to have to wait in line for a long time. That's just a thought as I know they don't mean to come across unfriendly. Again, thank you for your visit and your review. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice place for camping. They have cabins, and tents sites. It's very organized and clean. The service is outstanding. The ladies at the office are very polite and helpful. The guys and girls that bring the wood to your campfire ...so efficient. 5 star camping site. We went with our kids all young adults and we enjoyed it

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind words after your recent visit! We're so glad you enjoyed yourselves and we hope to welcome you back someday. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our second long weekend camping here this year. They have a nice, new, large store that has a good selection of toys, goodies and supplies. All ages enjoyed the pedal go carts ($10/hr). The pool looked inviting. Washrooms were always very, very clean (no spiders or bugs). A hair dryer was mounted to the wall of the Bath House for camper use. 3 outdoor sinks are available for washing dishes. Laundry facilities are available and clean. Gardens at the entrance are beautiful. Large ponds are free of algae. All in all still a nice campground. We ordered firewood and it was on our site within minutes. We had absolutely no issues with staff. Everyone seemed very friendly and kept to themselves. My only issue are the roads inside the campground. They are filled with huge potholes, making travel with a trailer precarious, and walking dangerous. They are a real tripping/falling hazard and very hard on vehicle suspension. Please grate your roads.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your repeat visit and for taking the time to write a review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the park clean. We will pass your message on about the pot holes. Walking in the park isn't dangerous and some pot holes do work really well to help keep cars from going so fast. Our park roads are filled with children and drivers often don't realize that children don't necessarily look before bouncing across the roads. Again, thank you and enjoy the rest of your summer!