Grandview(Tobermory)
Big Tub B&B(Tobermory)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolcontinental breakfastapple treesmin driveroom was cleanbrown bricklarge fieldfree wifiup to datenewer partthursday eveningvisiting the areaadded valuepleasant stayvisiting tobermorywould stay here againqueen bed
Reviewed September 10, 2017

We needed a location close to the Bruce Trail and this location was good for the trail, Tobermory and the ferry. We were in the older section for a couple of days and while the room was small it was well appointed with good beds and an updated bathroom. It was a bit of a blast from the past and felt much like a 1950/60 motel - we enjoyed it. There was free wifi and a decent continental breakfast included in the price. Given prices in the area this felt like good value. Our dog was also welcomed which made us happy too. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peytonsage
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The hotel room was updated and very modern, except for the bathroom - which we didn't mind at all. Ruth was very accommodating, I was gluten free so she went into town and got gluten free bread and Cheerios (also GF).

The hotel was very close to town, less than a 6 minute drive. We had a great time and I would not mind coming back here at all.

Room Tip: Ask for the last building of the hotel complex to get the modern / updated room!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2017

My sister and I were pleased as to the proximity from the Ferry. The room had a heavy musty smell. The fridge needed to be plugged in. Sad there is no coffee maker. Bathroom (toilet and tub area only) was ridicuously tiny. Too small for my liking. Beds were large, firm and comfortable. Disappointed we didn't have coffee on hand. Moffered in the office(?).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

It was my first visit to Tobermory with a friend, booked this place for one night. Our room had a 2 Queen bed, very clean, washroom and cozy feeling. The hotel is right off the highway, 3 minutes drive to the town proper or 10 min drive to Little Cove Beach.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2017

We came as a couple. Ruth was very friendly. Our room was not as we expected. The tv didn't work,. They ended up fixing it on the last day we stayed. And the wifi signal was not great. It didn't work half the time, there was so much names under the couch inn. When I went to ruth to ask why, she said to try them all....
The worst part is we got a older room, most of the reviews I read are good, so they might be a new renovated room. the one we had had ants in the washroom....which wasn't great. And the toilet came moving everytime you sat on it. I guess for that price it was worth it, but I would have rather put more money into a room and stayed there.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple