“Proven Wrong!!”
Review of Blue Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Blue Bay Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I didn’t know what to expect when my husband confirmed that he had made a reservation at the Blue Bay Motel in Tobermory. It exceeded my expectations!

Motel staff – Kelly was friendly and accommodating. She brought us directly to our room when we arrived to make sure that it met our standards. She was easy to approach and had a welcoming smile!

Room – It was spacious and clean with recent updates to furniture including a new flat screen TV. The room and washroom could use a renovation seeing as it was a bit dates, but regardless it was very well taken care of.

Location – Right in the heart of Tobermory! An easy 2-5 minute walk to everything! If you are looking to avoid using the car or are coming directly off the ferry with no vehicle, this is the perfect spot!

Amenities – It had everything that we needed for our one night stay including free internet! This motel does not offer amenities such as AC, swimming pool etc. so it might be a little warm if you had a longer stay.

Restaurants – The motel did not have its own restaurant but like I said, it is a close walk to a variety of restaurants! You must try their local white fish!

1  Thank santinaelizabeth

Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and just loved this motel. It is very clean which is the most important thing for me. It almost has the feel of a Bed and Breakfast. We had the room with a king size bed and a fire place. Did I mention that the rooms are spotless! I was a little concerned that there was no AC but it was not a problem. The ceiling fan was just fine and with the windows open, the room was lovely and cool. Plus it was quiet. The location was perfect as well: A 5 minute walk to the Bruce Peninsula National Park and also close to the Chi Chemaun. Blue Bay is a lovely motel and I would recommend it to anyone.

4  Thank cornishrexmomma
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We recently stayed at the Blue Bay motel in Tobermory and had a delightful time! Kelly was very hospitable and showed us to our room when we came. We were surprised to find that we had been given the Harley Theme room, which for us, was perfect, as we were touring around Lake Huron on our Harley! The location is perfect, bay view, right next door to the LCBO and ice cream, fish and chips on the other side. They had umbrellas for us for a morning walk, bicycles available if we wanted to cruise the area, the bed was great, a nice frig to keep our liquids, etc., cold and the room was spotless. We will definitely stay at the Blue Bay the next time we get to Tobermory!

Room Tip: Book early, you will not regret your stay there.
2  Thank Coopderide
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Had an excellent 2 night stay in this little Motel overlooking the harbour during our tour of Ontario. Clean well equiped en suite room.Good info folder with details of places to eat menus etc. Kelly who ran the motel was very wellcoming and very helpful with advise and even had 2 bikes available for use at no charge.Easy on line booking. Very good value and well worth seeking out if visiting this fantastic part of Ontario.Would loved to have stayed longer

Room Tip: Use the site and you can select the actual room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan187050
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed at the Blue Bay last August for a few days while on a family summer getaway. It was a very special time as we had our new little son with us (three months old at the time). The staff was very friendly and the room we stayed in was just perfect - very clean and comfortable. We stayed in room four, which was newly renovated - it had bamboo floors, a rustic pine bed, soft soothing colours and ample space for all of our stuff (and there was a lot of it traveling with a baby!). We are going back this weekend for a family reunion in Tobermory and we'll most definitely be staying there again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Utterina
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed at the Blue Bay Motel for three nights. It isn't the Ritz but it is very clean (I am very fussy when it comes to cleanliness). The linens and towels really are of good quality. The size of the room was more than adequate. The only problem was that the floors are made or hardwood (a good thing) and you could hear the other guests walking upstairs. The woman at the front desk went our of her way to ensure that you were happy with your accommodations. The location is excellent. Keep in mind that if you stay on the second floor, you will have to carry your suitcase up the stairs. Parking at the front of the hotel could be a problem but there was additional parking in the back.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda129
Reviewed 27 May 2011

My partner and I made a short trip out to Tobermory just to get out of the city, and heard that the Blue Bay Motel was a good place to stay. We booked easily online without any problems.
Due to some changes in our trip we ended up arriving almost 2 hours before check in. The lady at the front desk was very kind and said it would be no trouble for us to check in early and that the rooms were ready.
I can't speak for every room in the motel, but I can say that we loved ours. It had a flat screen tv, a beautiful and comfortable bed, and an electric fireplace. As well as a great sitting area. The room was tastefully decorated (and a little fun).
Most importantly, THE ROOM WAS CLEAN. I can honestly say when it comes to cleanliness I'm a little paranoid, and I found this place to be spotless.
The motel is right on the harbour and you can't ask for better than that.
I would absolutely return to this motel if I were staying in Tobermory again. I liked it enough that I was willing to come online and review it.. that must say something? Haha.

Room Tip: Book online. You can view and pick which you like.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple