“That was Fun!!!!!!”

Shipwreck Lee's Of Tobermory
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Tobermory
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Pirate theme family restaurant. Full Menu. In the Harbour in Downtown Tobermory Ontario. All you can Eat Fish and Chips, always.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great Food! Great atmosphere! Amazing time for all forty of us, and a place that finally know how to make Fish and Chips with a firm crusty coating.

Date of visit: July 2014
Write a reviewReviews (455)

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. First off, it's not very well maintained. I was always told if you wanted any indication on how clean a restaurants kitchen is take a look at the washrooms. After being in the washrooms, I really don't want to know what the kitchen looks like. It seems the restaurant is in a prime location and is why it seems to be so busy. The food was awful. We all had the Georgian Bay Whitefish, and at $20 for a two piece, it was disappointing to get two pieces of over battered Fish (60% Batter, 40% Fish), at this ratio, grease retention was quite high. Then to top it off, the Chips are of the Frozen kind, and a shoestring frozen kind at that. This is blasphemous to all the hard working Chippers all over the world, serving frozen fries with Fish should not be worthy of the title "Fish and Chips" Period!! Wait staff were upbeat and friendly. I feel sorry for all the tourists who take the bate and end up shipwrecked at a table in this place!

5  Thank 150jaym
Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you are traveling with your kids (or are just young at heart yourself,) and have a feeling for fishy fun, this is the place to eat in Tobermory. I would definitely recommend the Haddock over the other offerings, nice and flavorful, white and firm, with a crispy light batter. Adam, Luke and the other Pirate staff are playful, full of energy and will engage the kids. If traveling with your dog you can sit at the outer tables without any problem.

2  Thank InfiniteAdventures2
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We visited this restaurant several years ago and really enjoyed the meal and good service.
MUST have changed hands what planet are you on new people ????
Yes good fish & chips - just a tip - check the bill !

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

After reading a bunch of reviews on resterants in tobermory I found all had there ups n downs so since this place was so easily accessible off hwy 6 we figured why not. Well if your use too that fine dining or found that right place where your from this is far from it. Don't get me wrong the pirate customs were pretty neat but the food was nothing exciting. I was recently introduced to jerk chicken and love it to death and when I saw it on the menu I had to have it. Big mistake! The chicken was cooked okay but they just simply out a horrible sauce over it and that's their "jerk chicken"!! Fries were soso and the corn was cold! My girlfriend had the full rack of ribs and said the taste was awesome but you needed some muscle to get the pork off them ribs which was all the more hard to do with plastic utensils!

Both of the waitresses were very polite but the food quality just wasn't there which I kind of figured going in so I was "that" disappointed but would probably of went for a burger across the street or just bought something from foodland n cooked it on our Coleman stove.. Kind of think of it we were only people at this place on a Friday night at 5pm! Makes you wonder.

Save your money for the ice cream!!