“18th Trip to MCSM and just as amazing and breathtaking.. Our Paradise”

Melia Cayo Santa Maria
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Cayo Santa Maria
Toronto, Canada
“18th Trip to MCSM and just as amazing and breathtaking.. Our Paradise”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from our 2 week vacation at MCSM and it was beautiful and amazing as ever. This was our 18th trip to MCSM and each time we go there, we return with more beautiful and precious memories. I have written a few reviews before but after reading some reviews, i thought it is probably a good idea to write another one and perhaps help clear some of the negativity on some of the comments. I hope it helps

STAFF:
The entire staff at MCSM are absolute superb and rare jewels - yes "rare jewels". The staff at this resort and the Cuban people in general are very loving, caring, genuine and very affectionate towards guests and also each other. Their love for their guests and friends is unconditional and they treat everyone with the same affection. This is why I have to disagree with one of the comments made that "repeat clients get preferrential treatment and get royal treatment". That is absolutely NOT TRUE. Yes we are repeat clients and we visit the resort twice sometimes thrice a year and the relationship we have with everyone at the resort is different. We treat them as our family as they do us. The relationship is definately not the same with someone who is visiting the resort for the first time versus someone like us who visits so frequently. We DO NOT get preferrential treatment and are not given the Royal Treatment. We get treated the same as anyone else coming to visit the resort. If we wanted the Royal Treatment, we would go to Melia Buenavista but we choose to come to MCSM every year because we come to the resort to see our family. As I mentioned, our level of communication and the rapport is different with the staff because we go there so frequently. We know all if not most of the staff by their first names and this does not happen in one visit. We take the time to talk with them and get to know them and get to know about their families and their loved ones. We treat everyone equally whether it's the gardeners, maintenance staff, entertainment staff, wait staff, chefs etc. We give them our love and affection and they return the same favour to us. These folks do not have much to offer but what they have is precious. They have IMPECABLE family values, morals, love and respect for each other and above all the biggest HEARTS in the world!!! We met two other couples who have been there number of times and they will agree with me when I say, the people at this resort is the main reason we and the other repeat clients keep returning to MCSM year after year...The staff are the backbone of MCSM. They put their hearts and all their love and affection in what they do and work very hard to ensure everybody leaves with a positive experience. With that said, we completely disagree that repeat clients get Royal Treatment at this resort. That is not the case. Repeat clients just have a DIFFERENT relationship and rapport with the staff.

MANAGEMENT STAFF:
Marco (General Manager), Boris (Guest Services Manager), Yuri(Sales Manager), Fernando (Food and Beverage Manager),Deivy ( Entertainment Manager) make up this Management Team at MCSM which is rock solid. They are all doing an amazing job at the resort and each one is professional and knowledgable in their own fields. Keep up with the excellent work.
Marco: this is especially for you.. Excellent idea to have the cocktail reception moved from the spa area to the mini pool area. This cocktail reception is held every Wed for those celebrting their wedding anniversaries, honeymooners, repeat clients etc which includes an amazing dinner at the beach restaurant. The dancers are phenomenal at the cocktail reception and the idea of you having photos taken of all the guests at the reception and having them put up on the "WALL OF FAME" at the resort is a brilliant idea.. Thank you again for your wonderful hospitality during our two week stay at MCSM. We will see you again in a few months..
Kudos to the Head Chef (Miguel) for creating a magnificent dinner following the cocktail reception at the beach restaurant. I cannot wait to taste some of his other creations on our next visit.

GUEST SERVICES TEAM:
Rolando and Heriberto are excellent customer services guys. They do their best to accommodate everyone's needs and requests. They always go out of their way to make sure the clients are always happy and well looked after. The always want the guests to leave the resort with a positive experience and they both work very hard to achieve that day after day. Keep up the excellent work and thank you again to both of your for making our visit just as memorable as always.

OTHER KEY STAFF AT MCSM:
Leticia who is responsible for making all the Ala Carte reservations for guests. She is amazing and the most loving, professional and courteous person.
Bell Boys: Alexis, Adrian, Jorge, Michael, Justo are all wonderful hard working guys at the resort. These guys work 18 hrs and sometimes longer but they are always happy and smiling and at your service at all time.
Lobby Bar staff: Dany, Juan Carlos, Gallo, Walter Ernesto are all amazing guys at the lobby bar. ALways serve your drinks with a million dollar smile.
Wait Staff: There are way too many to mention but all the waiters and waitress are SUPERB at MCSM. They shower you with love and affection and smiles and dont expect anything in return.
Osbiel; The most amazing bar tender at the pool bar.. Thanks Osbiel for always making sure people at the pool were always hydrated!!!! and thanks for your wonderful service and the million dollar smile to go with that amazing service...

FOOD;
We are not the ones to complain about food. We enjoyed the food at all the restaurants with the exception of the Meditterian restaurant. I personally did not enjoy the menu selection and did not enjoy the food when it arrived. The head chef definately needs to make some changes to the menu at the Mediterrian restaurant. Otherwise all positive wonderful experiences at all the restaurants. The pizza and the burgers etc at the snack bar are amazing which is open 24 hrs. In short, you will never go hungry at the resort. There is always an ample selection of things to eat but if you are a picky eater and expect the five star kinda stuff then, please do not go to Cuba.

GROUNDS;
The most amazing flowers, shrubs at the resort and the garderners work very hard in the scorching heat to ensure the grounds are always kept clean. I have seen guests throw their plastic drink glasses, pop cans and or beer cans on the grounds. Why can those people not use the garbage shutes to throw their junk? The gardeners are not the ones messing up the grounds on this paradise but it is the guests who show total lack of respect and throw their junk on the grounds. The gardeners work their tail off to keep the grounds clean at all times.

GENERAL COMMENTS:
TIPS: Please remember to tip you waiter/waitress etc at the breakfast buffet or the Ala Carte dinner restaurants. It is appaling to see people leave their tables without tipping their waiter or waitress. For those people who do not tip, let me ask you this.. When you go to a restaurant in Canada or else where besides Cuba., do you not tip your waiter or waitress? I dare those people to walk of a restaurant here in Canada without leaving a tip for the waiter or your waitress. What is the difference? The wait staff are waiting on you at the resort so why dont they deserve a tip? For those who are not aware how much a average Cuban makes a month... I will tell you. Workers at the resort make between 12-20CUC a MONTH and that works to about 20 Canadian dollars a month. When you tip them 1 CUC peso, that is like gold to them.. 1 CUC is equivalent to 20 of their own local cuban pesos. These workers work very hard and they give us the best service with million dollars smiles at the resort so is it really hard to fork out a peso or two for their wonderful services?? These wonderful people do not expect tips but they will greatly appreciate the gesture if you do choose to tip them. 1 CUC peso goes a long long way for them.
If you do choose to tip them, please do not tip them in canadian COINS because that is useless to them. The bank in Cuba does not accept coins so it is worthless to them.

If anyone traveling to MCSM is willing to take some stuff for the workers, please consider taking toiletries, makeup, baby clothes, shampoos,toothpaste, kids clothes etc. These sort of things are very expensive for them and very difficult for them to acquire. Anything anyone can take for the staff, trust me it will be really appreciated.

In conclusion, i hope i have not offended anyone with my comments. i just wanted to clear the air on a couple of issues. Yes we are repeat guests and we will continue to be repeat guests at MCSM because that is our home. We do not get royal treatment or preferrential treatment but we do receive a lot of love and affection from our family at MCSM. From our hearts to yours, we love you all dearly at MCSM and cannot wait to see you again very soon.Thank you all for making our visit yet again very memorable and precious as always. We just got back this morning and we already miss our family at MCMS. . It is never goodbyes only "see you soon". Love you all, lots of hugs and kisses for everyone!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank sgreig
Marco M, Director General at Melia Cayo Santa Maria, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Many thanks for keep choosing Meliá Cayo Santa Maria and for your detailed review,
which I think will be very helpful to all those who want information about us.

Our efforts are aimed at improving services and facilities of the hotel, to the satisfaction
of all guests, regardless of how many times visited Meliá Cayo Santa Maria.

Obviously, repeat customers have some up-grades, as it is logical and occurs
everywhere, but this does not mean that there are clients more important than others.

On behalf of the whole Staff, many thanks for making of Meliá Cayo Santa Maria your home away from home.

Will be a pleasure and a honor host you for the 19th.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Millbrook
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We were at MCSM Mar 29-Apr 5 for our 3rd visit to this resort. I wont go into all of the positives because I might be preaching to the converted. Overall, this was our best visit yet. All of our expectations were met and then some. Eventhough we could not get an oceanview room, we were placed in the exact same room as last year. Beauty. I cannot list the workers who were great to us, at least 10 remembered us from a year ago, that would be unfair to the others. 1 bad note is the beach chair thing. there are plenty of chairs, just not too much shade. But anymore palapas would ruin the beach. So, how about sharing one. We did that, and met some great people in doing so. Management is doing all it can, short of charging $ for a palapa. The best thing was the event for returning guests. I have never felt more appreciated as a client then I did that night. Great dinner, drinks, music, and dancing by the entertainment staff made for a night to remember. The staff here work tremendously hard and I hope that the management appreciates them as much as I do. Especially Ernesto and the guys in the lobby bar, Bladimir and Alain in the buffet,Eduardo and Delio doing the mini bar and Mayaline and Hector who did our room. Amazing. And then there were the champagne sisters from Myra Nova Scotia. What a fun bunch. Cant wait to go back, this place suits us fine. Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have a question.

Room Tip: 2nd floor for sure, 1st floor view is usually a bush
2 Thank Argofan
Many thanks for be a loyal customer of Meliá Cayo Santa Maria and for describe your
vacation on Trip Advisor.

The repeat customer dinner, than just you said is also for those celebrating anniversaries or honeymoon, is one of the hit of the season, and we´ll work to keep improve it.

Sometimes, during winter, the high tides are accompanied by strong currents; due this,
we lost part of the huts on the beach. This is the reason why we have at the moment plenty
of sun beds but we are short of shadow.
From the beginning of the week, we have on site a team of artisans preparing the huts to replace those we lost due to the force of the sea and repair others that need it.

I assure you that we are aware of how the Staff Members are capable and dedicated and it
is a honor be part of this team.

Once again, thanks for keep prefer Meliá Cayo Santa Maria and we hope to receive soon you
4th visit.
Dunnville
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I travelled to MCSM Mar 30 - Apr 6th. The resort is the perfect size, great for walking and the beach is amazing. We were very pleased with the accomodations, kudos to the great staff who are very friendly and attentive.
We went to the disco one night and had a great time! Thanks to Juan Carlos at the lobby bar for the great service...he really needs those running shoes.
There was always something good to eat at the buffet, absolutely no complaints. We enjoyed the Italian Restaurant but especially enjoyed the Japanese Restaurant.
We definitely plan to return to Melia Cayo Santa Maria in the near future and highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the bungalow 400 and it was a nice proximaty to the restaurants, pools and the beach.
1 Thank DaveDunnville
Many thanks for choose Meliá Cayo Santa Maria and for post a review on Trip Advisor.

Several staff members would deserve to be nominated for the efficiency and dedication,
but undoubtedly Mr. Juan Carlos is one of the best at all.

We are very glad to know that we fulfilled your expectations and we hope Meliá Cayo
Santa Maria will continue to be your favorite place in Cuba.
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I would like to say before I write this review, that although there were some minor flaws with this hotel, however none of them in anyway diminished my holiday experience. My friend and I stayed at the MCSM from March 30 – April 6 2012. Our ages are 73 and 37 yrs. Over the years I have been to several new and old all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Venezuela and Cuba. I’ve stayed at 5* and 3 * resorts. As such I think that I have a pretty good idea as to what to expect when traveling. No other resort has realty left a lasting impression on me before, but this one has and so here I am… posting my first ever TA review. I apologize if my review seems a bit random… There are just so many things to say that I find it difficult to put it all into writing.

Rooms:

The rooms are older and because of this fact they may appear to be a little unclean. However the décor of the room was so warm and welcoming that I couldn’t help but love it. We were in room 213. Right outside our room was a row of trees. At first I was disappointed that we did not have a view, however I quickly began to appreciate the privacy that these trees offered when sitting on the patio. I even liked the bed. The door handle on the sliding glass door was broken when we got there. I went to the front desk to report this and it was fixed quickly. Upon arrival our mini fridge was also empty. This was not stocked until the next day. We were able to get enough water from the lobby bar to tide us over and so all was fine. We didn’t really encounter any other issues with getting the fridge stocked throughout the rest of our stay. There were also several ants in the room. I would suspect that this is due to the fact that we were on the ground floor. To me it was really not a big deal. Again, I was in an older room, on the ground floor, in the Caribbean. I would have been more surprised if there weren’t any ants or other insects. The only thing complaint I would have about the room is with the housekeeping which seemed somewhat rushed and lacking. For the first few days our room was made up nicely however after the third or fourth day, it was almost like they simply stopped caring. Our towels were hung up and the beds were however after a couple of days the large accent pillows for the bed never seemed to get put back on the bed and throughout the week we only got three towel art displays. . Although disappointing, in no way did this interfere with my enjoyment of the room or the resort. My husband would have hated it.

Grounds / common areas:
The grounds are very clean and well groomed. The paths can be difficult to navigate at night, however half the adventure for us was in discovering new ways to get to the pool and other areas around the resort. There are some cats and dogs wandering the grounds but unless someone tried to get their attention, they pretty much ignored people. There were also a few kittens and puppies on the resort, which were so cute to watch.

The lobby and lobby bar area were also kept very clean. There was a period of about a day and a half where there was no TP in the ladies room near the lobby bar or the WR by the pool. There are not many public rest rooms (that I saw anyway) and so lack of paper in the few they have was a bit concerning.

Theater / Shows

Personally I enjoyed all of the shows. Some were better than others, and a few were excellent, but in general it was an entertaining way kill some time. One of the young lady dancers in the show remembered my friend and each night would stop to ask her how she was doing even calling her by her name. For somebody like me who forgets a name and face within a minute of ending a conversation with someone I was pretty impressed by this. I would like to warn people that the theater floors are painted black and you need to be very careful when walking around the front row area. There are steps and ramps that people kept tripping over throughout the week. It looked as though there was at least one person who got hurt pretty badly during the week I was there.

Pool:
The pool here is amazing. Temperature was perfect. I never had a problem finding loungers for me and my friend however there were a couple of days where finding space in the shade was difficult (I even made an enemy when I asked a couple of people under one of the palapas if my 73 yrs old friend could share the shade with them. Really, if looks could kill, I’d be dead… But they did move over to accommodate my friend and so to them I say thank you). I only have positive things to say about the service around the pools. I never found the music to be too loud, but then again I like it loud. Activities around the pool were entertaining and plentiful.

Food / restaurants:

Though I can’t say I loved every meal I had at the MCSM, I did enjoy the food a great deal and never went hungry. In a couple of cases, my lack of enjoyment had more to do with my own personal dislike of olives, seafood and mushrooms than the food quality itself. My friend seemed to enjoy all of her meals. My favorites were the Italian and the Cuban. Least favorite were the Mediterranian and the Restaurant in the gazebos by the pool. I also loved the 24 hrs snack bar by the pool.

Staff and Service:
This is where the MCSM really stands out for me. A few days before our trip I e-mailed the General Manager Marco Mazzucchelli to make a room request. Within the hour he had responded to my request. He did not make any guarantees about our room allotment but because I was traveling with someone who has mobility issues he did say that he would try and make our request a priority to fulfil. Upon arrival we discovered that all of our requests had been met.

In general the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The girls in the 24 hrs restaurant by the pool were always so kind and friendly. Javier at the buffet was great and whenever we ate there we always tried to sit in his section. If I was better with names I would have a whole list of people that stood out, but as stated above, names and faces are not my forte. I did find that the guys working at the Lobby Bar in the evenings were less friendly than most of the other staff I encountered. However they always provided service in a professional manner (with the exception of one guy who always seemed to serve me last, regardless of when I got there …).

I want to say a very special “Thank you for inviting me” to Ernesto from the animation team. Ernesto really made me and my friend feel like VIPs. I’m a pretty shy person and so generally speaking I tend to keep to myself unless spoken too. As such I planned on a pretty low key and quiet holiday. Traveling with a 73 year old I pretty much figured that I would not be out much past 11 or so. However, on our fourth night at the resort Ernesto struck up a conversation with us after the show and invited us to the disco. For the rest of the week Ernesto invited me and encouraged me to participate in several of the activities the resort had to offer, which resulted in a week of first time experiences for me including: archery and playing water polo. I’m pretty sure that I would have enjoyed myself even if I hadn’t gone to the disco or tried these other activities, but I can honestly say that my time was made better by his efforts.

In general our trip was not perfect however it was perfect for us. In January I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Resort in Jamaica with my husband. We paid about two and a half times more for our trip to Jamaica than I paid for my trip to Cuba. Dollar for dollar I would honestly say that my experience at the MCSM provided me with a far better return on my investment. With so many places to go and see, I’ve never been one to return to any single destination. After my trip to the MCSM I may just have to change that.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Carib_travel_fan
Many thanks for visit Meliá Cayo Santa Maria and for describe your vacation on Trip Advisor.

Permit me to reply you point by point:

Rooms:

The Hotel has an improving plan that never stops; simply, is planned according to the
percentage of occupancy. Despite the Hotel it is almost completely full, we have already
started pickling, plastering and painting the facades of four Bungalows.
Jobs are running on a schedule that does not cause discomfort, but only when the
occupation will decrease, we can make it faster.
Our goal is to renew all the Bungalows before next November.

About the lack of minibar service at the arrival and the improper performance of
your maid, I hope you´ll accept my apology.
It is something that should not happen and we´ll work on it to don´t repeat in the future
the same mistakes.

Like you said, a Hotel located in the Caribbean and surrounded by lush gardens,
inevitably have implications for insects or animals, such as birds.
We fumigate the areas twice a day and we maintain the perimeter of the bungalows
as clean as possible.
For this very reason, we ask guests to not bring food to the rooms, being this the main
cause of the appearance of ants in a Bungalow.

Grounds / common areas:

A couple of weeks ago, we have started to prune, in order to give more visibility to the rooms,
protect Bungalows from moisture and prepare part of the gardens to plant grass and flowers.

The outdoor lighting has been designed to be soft, but due the suggestions of several guests, we prepared a project to increase it.

Without wishing to offend anyone, the presence of dogs and cats is mainly due to the behavior of some guests, which bring them in the Hotel when they find them outside the facilities and
bring them food.
We are all animal lovers, but it necessary to respect the place too.
In a couple of circumstances, came to the hotel the Public Health Staff, with the intention
to take them, but guests did not permit it.

What has happened in the public restrooms of the lobby is a lack of supervision, which I apologize.

Theater / Shows

Our Entertainment program is pretty varied and highly appreciated by the public;
the floor is painted black for better refraction of light during the shows.
To avoid the possibility that a customer can fall, we are installing lights on the steps.

Pools:

At soon we´ll finish to encrease the shadows areas at the beach, we´ll do the same
at the pools and at the Kids Club.

Food / restaurants:

Like you said, much depends on personal taste. Frankly, I think the level of our gastronomic offer is more than acceptable, but we are aware that there is much we can improve.

Staff and Service:

The main reason of our success is the Crew.
The vast majority of the Staff Members are committed, helpful and have great human qualities.
Personally, I am very proud to be part of this group.

About our Customer Service, for us nothing is more important that guests satisfactions and
every one deserves a reply.
This is the reason why I answer personally to all those persons who write us in advance,
asking for some requests or describing their experiences in the social forum.
I do it with honesty, thanking the good reviews, asking apology as needed and giving my opinion when I believe the situation warrants.

I never promised anything without being sure of being able to meet it;
in your case, the high percentage of occupation was not allowed me to make promises.
Luckily, we could give you what you have asked for.

One again, many thanks for your visit, for your detailed review and your suggestions.
Know that we are the first Hotel to give you a lasting impression is a big satisfaction and
we hope to host you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We were at Melia Cayo Santa Maria ( March 30- Apr 6, 2012) it was a nice resort not to big or to small. We've been to Cuba 14 times mostly in Varadero, been to Melia Cayo Coco , Sol de Mares and Paradisus Rio de Oro in Playa Esmeralda (Holguin). We would ranked MCSM. third compared to Paradisus Rio de Oro and Sandals Hicacos in Varadero. But overal for the price you paid for MCSM. is an excellent Value for your holiday.

The Beach at Cayo Santa Maria is as good as in Varadero and the ocean water is warmer and cleaner. We have 7 days of beautiful Sunshine, only one morning of very strong wind lasted only 90 minutes than sunshine was back. If you like snorkelling, you should walk to the left about 700 meters, past Sol Cayo beach, you will find small reefs with plenty of fishes just off shore, great snorkelling.

The resort is bit older but considering the age, is very well maintained and the service was great. We got in touch with the general manager (Mr. Marco) prior to our arrival and he replied our e-mail immediately and he tried his best to our few requests. Upon arrival we have some issue and confusion with the room, but was being taking care the next day by the front desk. We were happy that they gave us a very nice room in the building 14, second floor overlooking Swimming pool, Great location close to all amenities.

The Buffet restaurant is very good we always find something that we liked for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. We went to Japanesse and Mediterano ala Carte Restaurants, nothing special. We only like the French Restaurant for the lobster dinner.

My wife doesn't drink any alchohol and I only drink very little, mostly Beer during the day and wine with Lunch or Dinner, I have no proiblem getting service from the bars and our fridge was always provided with Beers, bottle of waters and soft drinks daily.

We visited the two resorts next door Sol Cayo looks very old and tired, Melia Las dunas is newer and much bigger resort. It was a very nice long walk.

For Tennis player MCSM and Las Dunas have 5 hard courts in excellent condition and there is also a tennis pro available. We love playing there with other guests early morning or late afternoon.

Overall we enjoyed our nice one week get away vacation in MCSM and meet our expectations.

HG, Toronto

1 Thank Han G

Know that, after having visited Cuba so many times, you consider the stay in our Hotel
among the most positive and immediately after you've had in Paradisus Rio de Oro
( which is by far the best Hotel in Cuba and one of the best in the Caribbean), it is
a big satisfaction for all us.
LIke you said, I firmly believe that very few Hotels have the same value and a solid
relationship quality/price like Meliá Cayo Santa Maria.

Cayo Santa Maria is a paradise for divers, fishermen and snorkel lovers.
Talking about this, hats off for your picture!
Being a diver and a spearfisherman, I know that deal with a morena of that size isn´t a
piece of cake.

Indeed, we have a comprehensive improvement plan that never stops and we have lots
of work planned for the coming months.

About your requests, write us in advance helped us a lot, because gave us more time
to at least try to satisfy them.
During high season, isn´t always possible, but we do our best. About the confusion at your
arrival, I apologize for what happened and I'm glad that has been solved the day after.

Our Sport facilities, that we use in conjunction with Meliá las Dunas, are absolutely the
most complete of the all key and do of Meliá Cayo Santa Maria the right place for who loves
dialy activities.

We are very glad to know that Meliá Cayo Santa Maria met your expectations and we hope
to receive your visit once again in the future.
sydney, NS
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Our vacation at Melia Cayo Santa Maria (March 22 - April 5 ) was a wondweful experience. Our accommodations in building 18 were pleasing and well maintained by staff Mayelin and Hector. Hector has great English and could handle more responcibility I'm sure. We were pleased to have our minibar stocked daily by Delio and Carl, who were pleasant and accommodating.The grounds and the beach on this property are spectacular. We walked for an hour and one half each morning and toured the gardens in the evening before dinner each day. Twenty minutes to the left down the beach is great snorkeling in four to six feet of water, easy for beginers and great for all if you want to view tropical fish. A bit farther out and you are in the coral reef, even better! The food services at the resort were great, we always found something to eat that was tasty and well presented.We enjoyed the Buffet, the a la cart restaraunts and the snack bar. It appears the Food and Services manager works around the clock! We saw him early in the morning and late at night on the job. The staff was very professional, whether it was Alain in the buffet, Tresea at the Italian Restaraunt or any of the waitresses at the Snack Bar, all were wonderful. We also enjoyed the early entertainment in the lobby bar. The staff of the lobby bar were pleasant and hard working, especially Don Carlos. Heroberto, with customer service, was willing to do anything for us. He made our trip even better by helping to solve every small problem. The work you are doing on the buildings and grounds shows a resort that is being well maintained. We will return and will recommend this resort to others including our travel agent.

Room Tip: Buildings 17,18 and 19 are close to the beach and in a quiet area if you are looking for piece and t...
2 Thank greignelson
Many thanks for prefer Meliá Cayo Santa Maria and for write a review on Trip Advisor.

The persons you've mentioned, together with many others, are those who, with their
daily work, make possible for Meliá Cayo Santa Maria to be so successful.
The soul of a hotel is its Staff and ours is really first class.

We are very glad to know that we excedeed your expectations and that you are planning
another visit to Meliá Cayo Santa Maria.
mississauga
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I travelled March 30th- April 6th.

I chose MCSM for many reason, good price, great reviews and a friend recommend this place.
We also celebrated my Birthday while we were there.
I have emailed Marco Mazzucchelli, Director General on several occasions and he was very helpful, I felt better with all the responses he had given me to my questions and concerns..
I requested my A La Cartes via email to him and he said he would take are it, I told him the restaurants and dates and the restaurant I wanted to go to for my Birthday Celebration.. When we arrived there they did not have my choices for me, I had to wait in line for 45 minutes and they had it there but everyone that I chose was not correct and they would not change any to my wishes..Very disappointed about that..

Everything that you had to line up for was a long wait, the Bank to change your $ to CUC, the a la cartes...

The drive from the airport was very long especially if your travelling at night..We arrived about 9pm, and we went straight to our room after a struggle of finding out room in the dark, very poor lighting. When we arrived the 2 key cards given to us didnt work, we had to have them changed several times while our stay there..

The Bar fridge in our room was only refilled twice during our stay, we went 4 days with no refills, and then we finally complained and we rec'd within a few hrs..

Overall, the food was very good....The beach was absolutely beautiful, and the pool area was very nice, I have no complaints about that...

I have to mention that the first timers did not get any special treatment, the only ones that were treated with royalty were the 2nd and 3rd timers... Which I don;t understand, you would think that they would treat everyone the same to they will come back...

I went there with the intention of having a family vacation next year at melia, but after seeing how they treat people unfairly I don't think I will return.

The grounds are very poorly maintained, the view from my balcony was an eye-sore.. The bathroom was another eye-sore..Need to update....The mattress was 2 put together, wasnt pleased at all..

I was also hoping to meet Marco but I had no idea who and where he was, I did ask for him the 1st day there to meet him and the from desk wasn't very helpful.

We had made the best of it and it wasn't a washed up vacation..Met some very nice people there and the staff was friendly...

I just went there with high expectations due to the reviews and was somewhat disappointed..

Room Tip: building 11 was close to both Beach and Pool....
1 Thank nettieMississauga

Decide to pre book the Thematic reservations has been a happy intuition and it is
one of the hit of the season.
Brought us an extra work, but avoid at the guests to waste time at the Food & Beverages
desk ( except if they would try to change the schedule).

When you wrote me about your restaurant requests, I replied you that surely you would
have had what you asked for.
Unfortunately, we have not been able to keep our promises, so I understand your
disappointment.
It is the first time that we fail with restaurant requests; I´m truly sorry for what happened.

During high season, it is possible have to wait some minutes during rush hours,
but I think avoid queues is quite easy.
For example, many guests try to change money during morning, and sometimes have to
wait a lot, but during afternoon nobody do it.

The external lighting is studied to be soft, but due the guest´s opinions, we´ll increase it
soon.

The keys are processed by computer and very rarely there are problems about.
Once again, sorry for the inconvinient.

Our minibars are daily refilled and if the responsible forgot to do it there are no excuses.
Luckily, our Customer Service solved the issue.

With all due respect, I disagree with your opinion about the different treatment that repeaters
received, compared with the first timers. If our number of repeat customers is constantly increasing, it is because whoever comes for the first time decides to return.

Obviously, there are things that we organize for them, to reward their loyalty, but without
forget the obligations that we have with the others guests.
Might some Staff Members show more confidence with a repeat customer than with a
first timer, but it is only because many of them have spent years visiting us, which has
created a feeling of friendship.

As every year in late winter, we are pruning to strengthen the trees that have suffered from strong winter winds and to prepare the ground for planting grass and flowers.

Like you can imagine, with two Hotels almost full from the beginning of the season,
my day is very busy, but I always dedicate to customers the necessary time, because
nothing is more important to us.
Would have been a pleasure have a talk with you.

I´m very sorry that, despite our efforts, we couldn´t satisfy your expectations and I´m agree that
we did some mistakes that normally we do not.
For this reason, I hope you´ll decide to give us another chance to show you how a vacation
in Meliá Cayo Santa Maria normally is.