I was at MCSM for one week Oct 1-8. This was my 8th stay there. I still love this resort. I've also tried the Las Dunas and the Barcelo CSM a few times and also enjoyed them very much but I keep coming back to this one. As the previous reviewer said, it is my home away from home. As simple as that. And the staff there are my extended family.
I don't know what else I can say that has not been said in my previous reviews of this wonderful paradise. Grounds are well maintained. This resort has a tropical feel. It's not big which I love. You are never far from anything. The rroms have the best layout and are spacious and clean. You have a safe in it. Nice size balcony which i always enjoy in the afternoon. Good selection of channels for those rainy days. The chambermaids are nice, creative with towel art and very trustworthy.
The pool is clean, there is ample lounge chairs and shade aroud it but you might have to get up early to get the ultimate spot in high season. The pool bar is very good and clean thanks to Osbiel. The beach is breathtaking. I'm a beach walker and this is by far the best area to travel to if you like to walk the beach endlessly and find pockets of deserted beaches. Sand is fine, white and water is turquoise. It can be windy at times with red flags followed by a clam day where the water is like a pool. The water activities are free. Kayaks, hobbie cats, pedal boats, sailing, etc.
The food is good everywhere. You have a good selection of places to eat but they are adding 2 new restaurants in December (Japanese and French) so it will be even better. Love the made in front of you stations at the buffet. Frank or Daniel will make you breaksfast or lunch as you like it. The waiting staff is great. Thanks to Yimi, Yoel, Leticia, Javier for taking always good care of us.
The management and client services are wonderful and approachable and will do their best to make sure you are having a great stay. Bell boys work hard and are always smiling. Bar staff is great everywhere! Love the lobby bar for my cappucino in the morning and for entertainment in the afternoon/evening. Elvis, Walter, Osbel are excellent.
Spa is wonderful and affordable. Massage are so relaxing and so is the aquathermal circuit (free with some packages, ask).
Entertainment team is great, lots of new faces in training but they are in good hands with Lazaro, Ernesto, Lily and Denise! Love you all. Go encourage the dancers by seeing the show in the evenings, they work so hard. The group that performs during the week are excellent. Roberto and Yuslandy are not only graceful but athletes as well! Don't miss the tuesday show called Music World. The beach party is always good fun!
The air transat reps (Raul, Isabelle, Genevieve) are also very pleasant and useful. Go to the information session and don't hesitate to stop by their desk if you have questions.
Thanks Rolando, Yuri, Humbierto for always going above and beyond and making me feel like a princess! :-)
Will keep going back to this resort for as long as I can! I highly recommend it for a relaxing getaway and soon to be family destination!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the 5- star All-Inclusive Meliá Cayo Santa María hotel, especially designed for families, surrounded by beautiful beaches and lush tropical vegetation. This property (358 rooms) offers facilities for incentives groups and a special wedding and honeymoon program. A perfect complement for an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Cayo Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Santa Maria Melia
- Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Santa Maria Cuba
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Cuba