Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2012

After looking around a few other guesthouses/hotels which were either booked out or not so nice we found Royal Pakse Hotel and decided for the price it would be sufficient. We stayed for one night, checked out to do a tour, and then returned for another night at the end of our stay in Pakse. Friendly staff at front desk, they helped arrange our onward bus ticket (was the same price as the other tourist shops). The restaurant did not appear to be open when we stayed. Our room was a reasonable size, air-conditioner worked well and bed was average. TV had no English channels but shower pressure was good and hot. Very close to lots of cheap and delicious restaurants. For the price I was happy with the standard of accommodation, there were many others that were a lot worse!

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Ground floor (including the restaurant) is really dirty and messy. Rooms generally smell not so good. Even if they restructured the hotel recently... well, they did not do a great job!

Room tip: The staff strongly promote no-window rooms even there is availability of better options...
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We checked in here after looking at a few rooms which was fine and there was free wifi and breakfast included. There is a nice Indian restaurant downstairs and they make nice roti's and food here. The hotel was fine for our needs, the room had a fridge and was clean and the ensuite was fine with a nice shower. You could do a lot worse than stay in this hotel/B&B

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed April 30, 2011

There is a restaurant just down the hotel. And it smells in some rooms. We asked to change and it was ok for the manager but he was very reluctant at the beginning. Still the room was ok but lot of noise from the street.

There are many other alternatives in Pakse, so don't bother staying there.

Date of stay: March 2011
Reviewed April 15, 2011

The managers/owners of this hotel treated both staff and customers badly. They had no interest in you as a customer, just your money. I had booked in late at night and the room was extremely noisy from external factors - I had no sleep. On investigating in daylight I saw a window pane was missing and, although I accepted a room with no view except the wall of next door hotel, I did expect the window to be intact for soundproofing. The manager merely pointed to a piece of paper stuck to the wall stating you should check the room before paying. He neither apologised nor offered an alternative room. He had no interest in my problem at all. The staff were trying to accommodate me but he merely berated them fiercely in front of m, making them lose face in their eyes. Needless to say I moved the next day to a lovely hotel next door.
My other big problem was the fact that 4 cages holding 6 birdshung outside on the dusty street, with people smoking constantly underneath them, in the Nazim Restaurant (part of the hotel). None of the birds could spread their wings or perform any natural acts, just sit on a perch. One bird in particular was extremely agitated and distressed.
Please do not support this hotel with its cruelty and overall lack of caring.

Room tip: Go next door.
Date of stay: March 2011