“Fantastic Place to Stay”

The Old Chapel House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Mabyn
The Old Chapel House
Ranked #2 of 3 St. Mabyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Myself & my husband stayed here for two nights for our wedding anniversary (and Valentines Night). What a fantastic place!! The building is a converted chapel, the lounge area being very beautiful with high celings.

We stayed in room 2 which was lovely with a large bathroom & power shower. But we got to take a peek at room 1 and this is really spectacular.

Ginny & Des who run the B & B are really lovely friendly people & nothing is too much trouble. Ginny knowing it was our anniversary had put roses, chocolates & a bottle of pink champagne in our room for our arrival which we felt was a very special touch.

The breakfasts were also spot on with the ususal juices, cereals & fresh fruit laid out, with a choice of full english, pancakes or as I had scrambled eggs & smoked salmon.

We will without doubt definately recomend staying here as we will definately be doing again later n the year.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Old Chapel House

Reviewed 28 October 2010

I absolutely loved staying here at the Old Chapel House. A stunning location off the beaten track and a very warm welcome by the family. The house is beautiful and done up with wonderful style. I stayed in Room 1 which was even better in reality than the photos on the website. I was left to my own devices which I appreciate so much - some places hover over you the whole time but here I felt so at home and relaxed. The room has ever single thing that you would ever need - hairdryer, hot water bottle, huge flatscreen tv and great collection of DVD films, fabulous tea & coffee (+ biccies) facilities, the most comfortable bed that I have ever stayed in (and I'm very picky) and an amazing bathroom with bath and shower over. It is a huge room too so lots of room to relax. I slept beautifully - lovely duvet and really appreciated the fact that whenever I returned to my room it had been cleaned and at night the blinds/curtains had been drawn and fresh milk left. How fab is that?! The breakfast was sensational - everything tasted really fresh and was made to perfection. Again, everything that you could ever want (including Marmite - one of my essentials) - lovely granary/wholemeal toast, fresh and tasty fruit, quality yoghurts, a great selection of healthy cereals (no unhealthy ones!), wonderful orange juice. All simply perfect. Gorgeous pets too, who I slightly fell in love with. I miss my own dog when I travel so it's so nice to have huggable pets wherever I stay. Thank you so much to you all for making my weekend so special and perfect - I've been raving about you all week.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2010

This was our first visit to Cornwall and it lived up to our expectations thanks to the weather and this amazing B & B! Ginny and Des were so welcoming and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. We had the top room which is almost an apartment and has excellent facilities including a very comfy bed. Great selection of teas etc on the hospitality tray as well as wonderful biscuits replenished every day!
The choice for breakfast was outstanding and the eggs benedict to die for! We would definitely recommend this fantastic B & B.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2010

What a beautful place to stay. Ginny and Des make the place and give you a lovely warm welcome on arrival (not forgetting Tamar and Nelson). The Old Chapel has a lovely feel. Room 2 is lovely and bright and Room 1 is stunning. I would highly recommend staying here. The breakfast is very tasty, plenty of choice and lovely fresh food.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Before I booked The Old Chapel I had read the reviews so we knew we were in for a treat. We have been to Cornwall many times with our children and families and decided to go again for our 20th Wedding Anniversary.
Ginny and Des were the perfect hosts and made us feel more than welcome.
We stayed in Room 1 which was amazing. Breakfast was delicious with a wide choice on the menu.
We hope to return next year for another special treat.
MIchele and Steve Oxford

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed here for one night on 13th July 2010. We were in Padstow and needed somewhere to stay for one night. Everything in Padstow was booked, but a friend stayed here a few months ago so we gave it a try and managed to get a room at a good price. St Mabyn is a small village about 10 miles from Padstow and close to Port Isaac. Unfortuantely the old Chapel House is not signed but we did find it quite easily. We were made to feel very welcome and were given tea and cake on arrival. The room was lovely and very airy. Ginny and Des were very helpful with providing information and we had a lovely breakfast in the morning and even though we didn't have room for a full English I'm sure it would have been delicious. If you want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of Padstow but within close distance this is a great find with lovely hosts.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Found this place by chance on the internet and we weren't disappointed!
It's a charming house run by lovely hosts.
We stayed in room 1 which was immaculate and made our stay really special.
Absolutely loved our visit

0.0 km away
St Mabyn Holiday Park
St Mabyn Holiday Park
#1 of 1 in St. Mabyn

Been to The Old Chapel House? Share your experiences!