“Poetic dinner ”

Ta Rebetika
Ranked #35 of 53 Restaurants in Acharavi
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This was our last night in Corfu and we found this place by accident. But we are so happy about this accident!
The dishes were excellent (we ate a fish roe salad, a fish soup, a sea food dish, and finally a salmon fillet), the salmon was amazing, but the others were next to.
Our opinion : if you want to eat poetry, this is your place to go!

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Rip off! So wish I read these reviews before we went. When we 1st arrived a girl took our drinks order and when we asked to wait to order our food she had no idea when we asked so she went and got the chef/owner. Another girl came over with flat garlic bread which we had not ordered and again didn't understand us when we said no to the garlic bread. When the owner took our order he came back with the flatbread?! I was not well so only ordered a pizza. After eating 2 slices I couldn't eat more so when I said No to taking it away the chef/owner looked at me with disgust. Food came out in dribs and drabs and bill was expensive compared to other places. I was too unwell to dispute the bill but can guess we were charged for the "free" garlic bread!

2  Thank Vky1911
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Steer clear of this place. It is dirty and very badly run. Its a pity because it is a place with potential. If there was a lot of hard work put in it could be great.
The food was terrible, except for the excellent Greek salad.
Its the worst I found in Acharavi. My final bill seemed very expensive too!

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We arrived late in the resort but the owner made us extremely welcome and I can see how some could feel conned but you just need to be aware of the up-selling techniques .
We enjoyed all of our dishes and the souvlaki were both very tasty.
The owner is a bit of a Basil Fawlty and tended to do everything. I would go back as there is something special in some of the cooking

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

After a week in Corfu we decided the lunch we had at Ta Rebetika on our first day was the best. The moussaka was to die for, meat was so rich and melt in the mouth and very large portion. We also had gyros a la chef which came in a creamy sauce, and pastitsada which was slow cooked tender meat with pasta and sauce, both delicious. We had hot and cold meze to start with courgette balls and were enjoyed by all. Welcoming and friendly service. Almost forgot the freshly made garlic flatbread ♥️