1,179 results
All reviews italian food cala ginepro beach holiday mini club pay euros a bit disappointed large pool plenty of sunbeds on arrival family holiday beach towels pools pedalos stage maids fridge reception
Reviewed June 4, 2016

I will start by saying, "we were ready for a holiday in the sun but, the hotel were not ready for us"! At least that's how it seemed. I wont go into details. The staff were fine. However, it appeared that many had not arrived for the season until the last days we were there. The food was rather basic. Italy is famous for it's cooking, sadly they haven't heard about that yet in Sardinia! It was OK, that's it OK! The last few days saw some marked improvement though.

The rooms were always clean and tidy as was the bathroom. There was NO tourist information at the reception or anywhere else for that matter! So, you have to find out everything yourself, car hire, nearby restaurants, things to see, the list goes on but I won't.

They had a problem with the beaches which they were trying valiantly to clear until the day we left. I will point out that the resort is isolated so you have to travel around to see anything about Sardinia at all. Although there is a Caravan site 10 minutes walk from the resort with a couple of very apparently (you tell me) ordinary restaurants. If you happen to be a gourmet or foody (whatever they are) then you may (and I repeat may) be a little disappointed?

Having said that, the hotel from the swimming pool to drinks bar in fact everywhere was always immaculate as were the grounds. The staff were always helpful very polite and made enjoyable hosts! Our linen and towels etc were changed everyday.

Did we enjoy our stay, yes we did very much?

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael N
Reviewed January 28, 2016

Never seen before : on arrival you are requested to settle the total of your stay even before having a look at your room !
Reception personnel not smiling, inefficient and letting you feel that you're a nuisance if you ask for anything. Impossible to get a second key for our room, prepaid card compulsory.
Room ok but not big, dark bathroom and tiny balcony. Housekeeping not efficient either : a full ashtray on the balcony on our arrival stayed full for 3 days !
Basic breakfast in a huge and very noisy dining room where you will be assigned to a different table each day. The canteen like atmosphere made us give up the idea of having evening meals at the hotel.
Wifi working in the lobby only, with a code valid for 2 hours, after filling in a form day after day...
Two nice swimming pools, one with animation, but pool bar has nothing but crisps to eat and closes at 1 p.m. : what for is the prepaid card ?
Pleasant area with armchairs under palm trees in front of the main building.
A good 5 minutes walk to reach a nice beach with sun beds and umbrellas, but visited by a continuous flock of vendors trying to get your attention and... money.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
9  Thank grannyG7
Reviewed October 2, 2015

Three of us spent a bit over a week the end of September at one of the apartments off of the main property. Overall it was a fine 2 bedroom apartment. The rooms were big enough and the property was spotlessly clean. There is a livingroom/dining area, kitchen. bath and 2 bedrooms. The living room has a fold out bed as well. There was room for 2 or more cars in the driveway and there is an outdoor cooking area. The covered porch has a view of the sea.
The property is about a kilometer from the ocean and is on a very quiet and very rough road. There was a couple staying in the apartment below and we barely knew that they were there.
They advertise a washer and upon trying it it did not work properly. We told them about it and it was replaced with a new one in less than a day. The only problem that we encountered was hot water availability. Sometimes there was and sometimes there was not. It did not seem to matter if others had used it or if the house sat empty all day. The only other problem was that the screens in the windows were in bad condition and let in too many bugs.
The kitchen was fairly well equipped with cook ware and utensils but there was nothing else. Any and all supplies had to be purchased and the very convenient store at the end of the road.

Room tip: there are two apartments in the building. Upstairs is 2 bedroom and i think downstairs is one. the lower space has only one window.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank kenny94
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

I was there at the beginning of july for two weeks. My family and me had a wonderful time at this hotel.

The weather was fantastic, the food great and our room very spacious.
When you go to the beach you walk a very beautiful way with flowering plants.

But not only the great environment made a unforgettable time of these two weeks. Most of the staff from this hotel were always friendly and helpful, especially the entertainer. There are a mini club and a junior club. For every age there is an entertainer. "My" enterainer called Simone Cucco. Every day we made diffrent activities. That's why it was never boring. The entertainer team performed a sketch every evening and then we could enjoy the rest of the evening in the disco.

I was very glade that Simone Cucco spoke English very well. So he could translate everything to me and that's the reason why I got to know a lot of people. But not only he spoke English very well, also the most of the other entertainer. Simone is very friendly with everyone and I had much fun with him and the other entertainer.

I will say thank you to Chiara. She's a very lovely woman! From young to old, she conjures all a smile on the lips. Happy smile ~ Happy life.

Davide is taleted in speaking. So he brings fresh air to sardaigne. With his jokes, he brings everyone to laugh.

One of the funniest entertainer is Carlo. He supervised the mini club and the children love him.

In fact each entertainer is unique!

I had a awsome time in Sardaigne and I would like to return.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sandra e
Cala Ginepro H, Proprietario at Hotel Cala Ginepro Resort&Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the for your vacation in Sardinia and for having dedicated a few moments of your time to share comments about your experience.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you particularly appreciated the excellent service provided by our staff.
I will be pleased to share your comments with all of them.
I hope to welcoming you soon to one of the hotels of the Cala Ginepro Group. and I also take the opportunity to extend my warm greetings

Best Regards.

Reviewed September 3, 2014

The location is wonderful but then... what about the rest? We had an apartment and we had a room. Both of them were excessively small. What hit me was the contrast between the bathroom, relatively large, and the bedroom, too small. They are ok if you just need to sleep. Then, what a personnel at the desk! I understand it was a time, August, when they receive so many requests. However, why do you need continuously to make your guests feel that they can be easily replaced? they pay a lot, anyway. Every every time, at the desk and at the reastaurant, they try to make you feel as useless "You are not satisfied, well, who cares? we can have another one rather than you!"

Room tip: Absolutely ask for which room they are giving you. It can be very noisy because, as in our case, everybody is going to pass by it. Room isolation is extremely poor
Date of stay: August 2014