1,093 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 11, 2016

awesome experience.. great location, wonderful hotel with allrenewed rooms...courtesy and professionalism..gotta try!!! this was my first time but i hope to get them asap!! my personal compliments!! here the normality is the excellence

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cala Ginepro H, Proprietario at I Giardini di Cala Ginepro Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2016

Dear Guest,

I am glad you have found the time for writing about your experience at I Giardini di Cala Ginepro Hotel Resort.

I am very proud of your total satisfaction and it will be a pleasure of mine to inform the members of our staff about your beautiful words.

I hope to welcome you again in one of the properties of the Cala Ginepro Hotels.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

The worst Italian resort for the food Even at breakfast with no toast ed bread,stiff croissant,fruit not tasty. Lunch and Dinner a nightmare. NICE resort but away from the Beach.Room clean.Average infrastuctures and only on bar. NICE staff to entertain especially kids.Not to repeat

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank valecinu
Cala Ginepro H, Proprietario at I Giardini di Cala Ginepro Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the " I Giardini di Cala Ginepro Hotel Resort " for your vacation in Sardinia and for having dedicated a few moments of your time to share comments about your experience.

I was very glad to know how much you appreciated our staff’s warm welcome and you room.
The Hotel has two bars, one on the swimming pool and the other one that it is a piano bar, useful for evening after dinner.

I was very sorry to learn that you were not completely satisfied with your last stay and I would like to thank you for having said exactly what you felt was not perfect as this allows us to constantly improve upon our services.

I will bring your comments to the attention of the executive chef of our restaurant so that you will find our services much more to your satisfaction upon your return

I hope to welcoming you soon to one of the hotels of the Cala Ginepro Group. and I also take the opportunity to extend my warm greetings

Best Regards.

Reviewed September 8, 2014

We arrived for our 7 night stay on Saturday. We checked out yesterday after just one night as the hotel was making us miserable. I think this is the worst hotel I have stayed in for a long time.

We arrived on Saturday afternoon with our 9 month old son. We were taken to our room which I can only describe as a cave. There was no natural light, it looked grubby and very very very dated. I would rate it a 2* by English standards. The bathroom was grubby, and dark, there was no light in the shower and so with the shower curtain closed it was impossible to see.

The double bed was 2 singles pushed together but they were cheap beds and cheap mattresses and so had a big gap between them under the sheets. There was barely any spring left in the mattress so it was incredibly uncomfortable. The travel cot that was put in the room for my son looked like it should have long ago been thrown away.

The hotel were apologetic and said they would try and find us a better room but as the hotel was full there was nothing they could do straight away.

It is advertised as a family hotel.. The restaurant doesn't open until 8pm and so we had to keep our son up. Not the end of the world but not ideal.

We arrived at the restaurant on our first evening and were ignored by the maître de for about 10 mins. Finally we were shown to our table where we were served by the grumpiest waiting staff.

The food was awful. Sloppy pasta, and very little choice of anything. There were just 2 hot dishes, some roasted vegetables and some salad - as choice goes it was very poor. The prospect of this for the week was not good. There is no where else near by to go for food so no easy way to avoid our half board food hell!

The following morning, breakfast was similarly underwhelming. What was worrying was at lunch, it seemed to be reheated left overs from the night before - one fresh dish and that was it.

We are unfortunately not Italian speakers, we can get by ordering food and drinks, but when you have some problems a better grasp of language is needed. Unfortunately only one of the hotel reception staff spoke English well enough and so if he wasn't there we couldn't communicate. We asked one chap where we went for lunch and he didn't understand this.

The hotel felt like a very cheap Italian Butlins. They have been very selective with the photos they put on the website and they are most definitely not representative of the hotel rooms.

We managed to find some wifi and found another hotel an hour further up the coast. It is lovely and we are now enjoying our holiday. I felt very relieved to be leaving the giardini I di cala ginepro behind. It was a horrible hotel and a horrible start to our holiday.

It is not worth the money, it certainly isn't a 4*. The common areas of the hotel maybe 3* and our room a 2*.

Avoid this hotel - there are much better places to stay.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank shopaholic_79
Cala Ginepro H, Direttore at I Giardini di Cala Ginepro Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Kind Shopaholic_79
We are disappointed that you have not found at home in our hotel.
However, we believe that you are not able to express an opinion complete and exhaustive about what we offer our guests, since you stayed with us just for one night.
It was even given you even an upgrade to the room you reported us. Nevertheless, you have not written this in your review. In any case, we do not believe that the description that you have done of the first room where you stayed is true, on the contrary it is rather slander.
Finally, we do not judge that the price is excessive. Not at all. This corresponds perfectly to what is required in the same location for the same category.
Kind regards,
The Hotel Management

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed in Giardini Cala Ginepro recently and to have chosen Cala Ginepro as a destination and I Giardini as the place to stay. We're not usually the 'villaggio'/resort type of travellers but with two kids (a newborn and a 2-year old) it seemed the obvious choice.

Cala Ginepro is a totally unspoiled, beautiful and tranquil place. It offers a wonderful break from everyday life and you really get to switch off and forget the world out there. There are towns within a short drive away and we visited a couple of them, though everytime we were glad to go back to our peaceful haven in Cala Ginepro!

I Giardini Cala Ginepro is within an easy, scenic 5 min walk to private sandy beach located in a gorgeous bay. We had read in some of the reviews that the beach was too far away and people squeezed like sardines. I can assure you that on both counts this is not the case: our room was at the far end of the hotel and still the walk was more than acceptable, and we always had lots of space between sunbeds (stayed last 2 weeks of July).

The hotel grounds were a wonderful surprise as the place is very well maintained and the low-rise buildings are surrounded by so much green it really feels like you're in the middle of the countryside. The way it's built means guest rooms are well distributed and you don't get any 'overcrowding' in the various communal indoor and outdoor spaces. As regards the food, we had half-board for 10 days and thought the quality and variety were both rather good.

Another thing that made I Giardini stand out for us were the wonderful staff. Everyone from the booking team to the reception, bar and restaurant staff made us feel welcome and made a positive difference to our stay. The animators were an enthusiastic, friendly and creative lot and really went to length to get everyone involved. All in all I Giardini offers the perfect stay for families and we would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel consists of several low buildings around two swimming pools. The rooms are spacious and clean, there is everything you need for a nice and comfortable stay. The beach is only five minutes' walk away. The buffet type food is okay, albeit not outstanding. All in all, a nice place to spend a few days.

Date of stay: June 2014