“Great Pasta and hospitality”

Ristorante Borgo Antico
Reserve with
Ristorante Borgo Antico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$38 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2015

Been coming to this great little restaurant for many years on the outskirts of Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, in Tuscany. they prepare some of the best pasta dishes we have ever eaten. Great alfresco eating in the summer. Very simple menu some great freshly prepared meat and pasta dishes. Staff are always very friendly and can speak English amongst many other languages. The wine list is simple but good quality wines at very reasonable prices, Katia and her team really do look after all of the patrons well. Hopefully back next year for some more exciting food..

Reviewed September 13, 2015

We spent several days at Antica Pieve and thus ate many meals at Borgo Antico. Each meal was better than the last. Our daily breakfast was fresh and delicious. My boys fell in love with Katia's hot chocolate and cappuccinos. My oldest has yet to find a cappuccino in the states that comes even close. Each night for dinner, Katia prepared a daily special in addition to the choices on a very large menu. Her beer braised chicken was our favorite. My youngest, who is very picky, fell in love with all different types of her pasta. We celebrated two birthdays while there with the most amazing desserts. They were the best of our trip!

Reviewed September 6, 2015

Very high expectations for this restaurant after checking TA. On a Sunday afternoon, we were the only tourists dining on the outside patio. We were quite a curiosity to the six adults beside us. They were ever watchful to see how we would manage with our language skills. (I think we passed.) We ordered the set menu because it offered many choices. My husband loved his tagliatelle with lemon cream sauce. My arrabiata was so laden with garlic that I tasted it for days! And, I love garlic!! We both had the veal scallopini with tomatoes and cheese. It was served in a small porcelain dish right from the oven. Wonderful cheese, but the veal itself was extremely tough and was surrounded by a watery tomato base. We eat a lot of veal and know its potential. The house red was very good, as was the creme brulee. The Tuscan custard torte was authentic, but a bit too dense for me.
Our most expensive meal in Tavarnelle, but far from the best. Definitely not given the level of service or personal interaction as the others dining that afternoon.

Reviewed August 31, 2015

My boyfriend and I loved this restaurant so much that we went two nights in a row, even though it was a 25 minute walk from our hotel each way. As New York foodies, we are very discerning and we thought this food was the best in the area! The wait staff was wonderful and entertaining - by our second night, we felt like regulars! We let the matrie'd serve us what she thought was best, and "believe-a me," it was fantastico! Borgo Antico is a must for anyone staying in the area - I can't wait to head back.

Reviewed August 30, 2015 via mobile

We went to Borgo Antico based on the TA reviews. We had a wonderful time and a fine dinner. Our children (not easily pleased when it comes to food) called it the best restaurant ever, even better than McDonalds...

The staff was very friendly and instantly bonded with our children. They took our order with a lot of patience and sense of humor.

The pasta course was very good (and could have served as main dish) and the second course (veal for me) was splendid. Our children had a single course dinner (penne with tomato sauce, which they thoroughly enjoyed) and were given extra plates after their dinner so that they could taste our food as well.

After two courses we certainly had eaten enough, but we felt tempted to try the desserts. We tried the tiramisu and chocolate cake, they were ok, but not spectacular.

The bill was also a nice surprise: less than 70 Eur for the four of us, including drinks.

Overall, it was a great experience, nice staff and great food: excellent value for money. Only point of constructive criticism: there is still some room for improvement in the dessert section.