“My 40th Birthday Extravaganza – Best Vacay Ever”
Elevated view from the beach Orchid Bay beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Main house, view from poolside
Elevated view from the beach
Orchid Bay beach
Garden Suite
Diamante Suite
Presidente Suite bath
Royal Palm Suite bath with Tropical Outdoor Shower
Samana Suite sits cliffside for stunning views
Sun bathing overlook
Entrance
View from great room
Garden suites building
On the beach
Presidente living room and bar
Presidente and Piscina suites building
View from cliff looking towards the main area
Outdoor chess
garden Suite bedroom
Elevated walkway to Garden suites from main house
View as you drive in
Hot tub verandah
Hot tub verandah
Beach overlook
Covered hot tub
Manana Bar, open on three sides
Manana bar
Wedding ceremony site
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 107 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
T H
“My 40th Birthday Extravaganza – Best Vacay Ever”
Reviewed December 19, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

I normally do not take the time to write about my experiences on my vacation, but this time it was so amazing I had to…
I found Sunrise Villa on FlipKey website and was looking for a place that sleeps 24 people and was nice…but as I read the previous reviews I became more intrigued so I researched more and more. To my surprise not one bad review…all reviews were raving about Ramon and others. So I was like maybe this is the vacation for me too.
From my initial contact with Kevin, the owner, to the day I left, my experience was amazing!!! I felt like I was on a reality show or someone was filming me the whole time. 
My arrival was nerve wracking and exciting at the same time. I only had experience from what others said online and the owner, no references of my own. When I arrived at Sunrise Villa all my doubts and fears disappeared as I was greeted in the driveway by the Sunrise Villa staff. Chris, the house manager, greeted me and a few of my friends with a smile and a warm welcome with Rum Punch Drinks!!!! Thanks Ramon.
I can go on and on about how amazing my stay was. MY trip was for my 40th Bday celebration. In my party it was 16 of us and each of us was blown away by the staff and property at Sunrise Villa. We spent 5days and 4 nights here.
The 1st Day it was only 6 out of 16 to arrive and we relaxed and enjoyed the sunset and drinks made by Ramon. Sandy made sure our rooms were to our liking and that each of us had snacks until dinner. The fresh guacamole was to die for!!! Thanks Frank and Sandy! Our Chef Frank made an amazing dinner for the 6 of us and each of us was so pleased. I am a very picky eater and not a fan of many dishes. But I must say I stayed full and each meal was a tasty and delightful!!! Frank was so accommodating and made sure the timing of each meal was to my satisfaction! When I emailed my friends that were arriving day two that I was SOOO pleased they all sighed a huge sigh of relief. (I guess we all were worried- that it was a scam—BUT IT IS NOT) More a fantasy island and villa.
Day two we enjoyed the private beach and warm sun as my girlfriend suggested we workout? But it was fun. As I sweated on the beach my husband enjoyed his greatest massage, By ROSA, outside under a tiki hut overlooking a cliff on the villa property. Such a beautiful view and the sounds of the ocean made it so relaxing. I waited ‘til my bday to get my massage, but I must say ROSA gave one of the best massages we have ever experienced. The outdoor showers are very nice and private—LOVED IT! Once the rest of my group arrived they were greeted the same way by Chris and the villa staff, with drinks and a warm smile. They were so happy to arrive. I allowed them to get settled and I ordered them snacks and drinks…we had another awesome dinner outside and got acquainted, a few hours later the villa staff took us down to the beach for a bon fire and luau!!! So great – they had a band, pizza, cigars, drinks BY RAMON!!!, staff dancers, s’mores!
Oh I forgot to mention how accommodating the staff were to my group…My husband plays Latin percussion and my brother-in-law plays the guitar and asked Chris did they happen to have any instruments around… by day two Chris had two congas and guitar for them to play and serenade us with their version of American/Latin music. We were so shocked that Chris made sure we had no regrets or wants while at the villa!!! Thanks Chris! And if you have an issue just let the staff know they will make it better, they did for us. One A/C unit went out but it was fixed as soon as it was mention to the staff. And I do not like cats – AT ALL. They freak me out and the Chris and the staff kept all cats away from me – They don’t know how much this made my Birthday trip the best, because you cannot travel to anywhere on an island and not have cats! Trust me I know. So for my friends and the staff to make sure I didn’t encounter cats was heaven sent and a blessing I will never forget! The cats were there I didn’t see but one and it was gone before I could freak-out.
I know this is a long review but it was such a wonderful trip I can’t stop talking about it!!! Day 3 was even better than the rest...IT WAS my B-day. The staff made sure my day was as I planned it…lunch on the beach provided by the villa (with drinks sent with us made by RAMON) and dinner at the local Italian restaurant (very different but it was nice!) Thanks Chris and Kevin. I truly enjoyed the options given to me by the villa. The beach is a MUST do – the water was so pretty and the food was great!!! Not better than our Chef FRANK. This beach had really good food and wonderful beach to swim (hint- take beach bug/insect repellent spray). On day 4 we took and excursion but really preferred to stay at the villa, the villa was so relaxing and fun my group did what I planned but we ALL would have rather just stay at the villa and enjoy what we had “at home—at the villa”. Last day we were all sad and didn’t want to leave…so we just spread out all over the villa and enjoyed the last day in the sun and soaked up all the villa could offer. Can’t wait to visit again, next time I’m taking the kids too!
I rate this Sunrise Villa and its staff, Emerald Status –Platinum is not enough. I give everything about the Villa 6-stars! I cannot say enough how I felt like I was on the reality show trip around the world. The Owner Kevin and his Staff: Chris, Ramon, Sandy, Frank, Rosa, Vivian, and the guys who built the bon fire and the staff who danced with us at the Luau – made our trip amazing! I would recommend this trip to the POTUS and any Americans who wants to have a private, relaxing, party, and see spectacular views of the DR.
Outside the villa: horseback riding on the beach (awesome), beach lunch(best ever – a must do), and Dinner at Italian Restaurant (OK-but nice)

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: I had to leave
Travelling group: Large Group
People with pets
Jess M
“Dream Come True Honeymoon in Paradise!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Royalty and family; that is the best way we can describe how our honeymoon felt to us at Sunrise Villa. It was only my husband and I at the villa for the week and we couldn’t have had a more relaxing and enjoyable time. The manager Chris was there the moment we arrived to greet us with the rest of the staff and we immediately felt at ease and special. He was the quintessential tour guide and made sure we fit in as many activities we wanted. We felt so special, like we were the only thing that mattered. The food was amazing and my husband is a chef, so that is saying something! They were able to customize the items we had so that we both were satisfied. (We definitely recommend having some of their Dominican dishes!! True comfort food!) We looked forward to every meal – especially the happy hour snacks while Ramon mixed us our “drink of the day”. Ramon was always checking on us and making sure we had everything we needed. He was personable and shared so much of himself that we were blessed to call him a friend by the end. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful and genuine. You can tell that they have a true love for their country, their jobs and the visitors to the area. We traveled into town for dinner on the villa and had such a wonderful authentic meal and were just delighted to see the area. Our beach day on the villa was wonderful and refreshing and their idea of a meal on the beach was an understatement – it was just another thing that blew us away. Our massages with Rosa were phenomenal and the location on the overlook could have been one of the most magical spots. We took a horseback tour up the mountain and the views were breathtaking. Overall, we, like all other people who have left a review, were devastated to head home and are counting down the time until we can come back with a whole crew to again relive the paradise we found on our honeymoon. Thank you Sunrise Villa for a dream come true!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfort and safety were never a question - fantastic trip at a well run villa!
Liked least: Nothing - it was magical!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Corey B
“The wedding of a lifetime!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Its hard to even put into words how out of this world Sunrise Villa is. I can go on and on about things that people have already told you about but who wants to read that over again? Everything you read is true, this is a place that when you walk in it takes your breath away. You will feel like royalty from the moment you enter until the time comes for the teary departure. I was lucky enough to have my wedding at Sunrise Villa and there wasn't one single thing I would have changed. The staff at the villa is among the best in the world!!! Our group was to put it politely a "difficult" one. We experienced a life-threatening medical condition during our stay. The manager Chris was a godsend to help save my fathers life, if it wasn't for the staff like Sandy, Ramon and Sylvia who knows what would have happened. I honestly can't thank them enough! What I really enjoyed most is the exclusive setting of Sunrise we had the entire place to ourselves, we didn't have to worry if we left something by the pool to go eat lunch, it was there when you got back. Simply put this is an amazing place that I promise you will never regret going to. We have already started planning our next trip down and I can't wait! To all of the staff at Sunrise- Thank you for the trip of a lifetime and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Corey Bomerscheim
Chesterfield, MI

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Privacy
Liked least: We loved it all!
Travelling group: Other
Management Response
5 Nov 2015
Thanks, and congratulations!
Allen A
Manchester, Connecticut
“Fantasy Villa – Ramon! Ramon!”
Reviewed October 4, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We went with 5 other couples for a long overdue reunion/vacation. When we pulled into the villa which is in a private gated community on the ocean we were all in Awe that a place like this could actual exist in this world. The photos on the web site do not compare to the real life atmosphere and views that the villa offers. We were immediately greeted with an extraordinary welcome by the Sunrise staff whom made us feel right at home and were accommodating, courteous and over the top friendly.
With 6 couples it did not matter which suite you stayed in because each suite has it’s own distinctive charm filled with all amenities of a 5 star resort for your group or family only. The suites offered each couple privacy, abundant space, comfort and easy access to the main house, pool, jacuzzi, beach, and the Manana bar which was a great gathering spot for lounging, socializing and enjoying refreshing beverages. You could spend the entire time never needing to leave the Villa however, our excursions to Manny’s Restaurant (awesome dinner and dancing), DuDu Lake, and Grand Playa Beach (with Lobster, Chicken and Red Snapper served on the beach provided by the villa) were epic events that will be remembered forever. Even though these were epic events our most cherished memories were those made at Sunrise. We spent our days relaxing poolside with friends and always welcomed the sound of the meal bell which still resonates in back of our minds. The meals were out of this world and everyone wanted to take the chef, Frank, home with them. The meals, served three times a day consisted of fresh fruit, vegetables and local dishes that were fit for a king. Another welcoming sound at around 2 pm was that of Ramon’s blender at the Manana bar, serving up frozen drinks and cocktails.
The staff at the Villa went above and beyond to provide A+++ service. Chris, the quintessential property manager and host, greeted us every morning and night asking us how we were and if there was anything he could do for us. No request was too big or too small and he ensured that all of our needs were met. He was always knowledgeable, efficient, friendly, accommodating and an awesome guy. What can you say about Ramon. He put a smile on everyone’s face from the minute we arrived. He is the ultimate cruise director making sure a good time was had by all. From his great bar tending skills, great dance moves and outgoing personality he really made his daily arrival something we all looked forward to. His happiness was definitely contagious. He is the Man. Sandy, Rosa and Vivi, Papito & Francesco pampered us with massages, pedicures, serving meals, taking immaculate care of the rooms and property. They were definitely the best staff ever!
Our experience at Sunrise was such that we dreaded leaving on the last day and wished we could stay forever. We can’t wait to get back.
If Fantasy Island existed today, it would be called Sunrise Villa.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
scsoman
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing family reunion on a little slice of Paradise!”
Reviewed August 10, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We had the most incredible family reunion at Sunrise Villa. We were a group of 21 - five families that had traveled from all over the world.. and sunrise villa did not disappoint. The location itself was spectacular... complete privacy and an incredible view. The night time sky was a sight to behold. Steps that lead right down to a beach. The sea breeze was a constant throughout the day. Unlike other resorts, since we had the place all to ourselves, there was no need to share the pool or other amenities with other visitors. The hot tub and pool were maintained impeccably. The accommodations were excellent. Our entire party could find space to sleep comfortably with a few spots to spare. The food was outstanding... a veritable selection of local delicacies prepared in house by the chef. The organization of transportation to/from the airport and other outings to nearby areas was done with great efficiency. The services provided at the resort like massages and mani-pedis were all very well regarded by our group. We even had a bonfire on the beach accompanied by a Meringue band!!

However, what makes sunrise villa stand above the rest is their staff and owners... From the very beginning, the communication with Kevin to book the place was smooth and easy. Chris the onsite manager was friendly and courteous. He called and spoke to us prior to our arrival just to make sure that all our logistics were taken care of. Once we arrived, he came by every morning to ensure that things were going smoothly. He took me to town to show me around and to change dollars to pesos at significantly better rates than the bank. He was even kind enough to take me around town to find a local barber for a truly Dominican hair cut experience. He also got us a few boxes of cigars and "Salsa Macho" to bring back home. Then there was the bar-tender Ramon who made drink after drink for us. In addition to the drinks Ramon was also our dance instructor and shared with us his football coaching stories. He is an incredible person. Rosa the masseur and Mariella the manicurist were all extremely friendly and professional. Frank the chef was outstanding and invited anyone who was interested into his kitchen to learn about his dishes. Sandy, and her house staff kept the place humming along like a well oiled machine.

All in all it was a truly memorable vacation...one of the best I have ever had. I would recommend the place wholeheartedly to anyone!!

Liked best: The staff
Liked least: Nothing really... if I were to crib just the distance from the airport.
Travelling group: Extended Family
TJinMD
Baltimore
“Best Villa in the Carribean”
Reviewed August 7, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

There is no need to restate what the recent guests have posted about this house -- they are spot on. This is our 2nd visit to Sunrise Villa. If you are reading this review and are considering a destination for your group then look no further. Do not waste your time at an all-inclusive cattle farm. Sunrise Villa is its own kind of all-inclusive - a personalized kind. Our group had 16 adults. Everything is taken care of for you. Everything....transportation, meals, clean up, maid service, entertainment, cocktails, massages, bonfires, babysitting (if needed), etc. Here are the must do's:

Manny's in Cabrera - magical Caipirinhas, fried plantains, and wonderful food ("Manny" is a helluva cool dude)
Bonfire on the beach - revelry at its finest
Massages - $50 for an hour overlooking the sea
Manana Bar - let Ramon serve you cocktails and beers while you relax poolside

Chris manages everything for you - this place is the essence of luxury and relaxation.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 23, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing