1,593 results
All reviews plunge pool half shell sunset lounge sushi barnes bay coba restaurant aleta pool bedroom residence bike tour kelly wearstler kids club sea center bamboo grill meads bay rock climbing family pool our honeymoon
Reviewed August 19, 2018

We spent a week at the Four Seasons with our children and 1 year old granddaughter.
The 2 bedroom suite was gorgeous with everything we could want. From the huge common living area to the bedrooms and baths; there was more than enough space for our family.
The deck with small pool and seating areas afforded a great view of the children's pool and the lovely Meads Bay.
There were so many things for a child to do; from the children's pool to the beach toys and the childrens activity center.
The sea at this end of Meads Bay is rougher than the other end where we have previously stayed at the Malliouhana.
The public areas were stunning.
But as has always been the case in Anguilla; it is the staff that makes a vacation on the island so memorable. Everyone made a fuss over our granddaugher; making her trip so enjoyable and hence making our vacation so wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank napoli96
Jose_Adames, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear napoli96,

We love reading comments about our wonderful staff and the positive impact they had on your stay with us, this is truly what it's all about.

I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed our resort to the fullest and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

My now husband and I decided to come here for our wedding. The beaches are beautiful and the water is clear. The staff are incredible!! Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Marisha was in charge of wedding arrangements at the resort and she did an outstanding job. The cake was so tasty, hair was great and my makeup was beautiful. The spa did a great job.
They have a kids pool and an adult only pool. They have a huge gym with every piece of equipment. They have lots of sailboats and paddle boards at the beach if you prefer to use them. There are several restaurants on property and they are all great. We really enjoyed our stay at this amazing property. We can’t wait to come back as it was such a great experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilandl

Dear Hilandl,

Congratulations and thank you spending your special day with us!

We greatly appreciate the fantastic review, it's wonderful to know that you had an amazing stay with us and that our staff was incredible. Thank you for mentioning Marisha and her outstanding work.

I am delighted that everything from the cake to the spa and everything in between was perfect.

We can't wait to have you and your husband back!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This is a great property on 2 great beaches. The service was stellar, the people were friendly, the room as spacious and clean, and the drinks are strong!

We stayed late July, 2018.

Room: We stayed in 311. Ocean view suite w/ plunge pool/hot tub on the balcony. It looked out over the pool and the ocean was a bit to the left when facing straight off the balcony. A great view, but the rooms in the building directly behind the pool look straight out to the ocean. These rooms are sitting/kitchenette/dining and bedroom/bathroom. Plenty of space. There are no blackout curtains. There are plantation shutters to keep the light out in the morning, but they don't work well. The would be my 1 complaint about the room. I never slept past 7. The kitchenette has a mini fridge, microwave, and sink. The mini fridge is filled w/mini bar items but the hotel will remove them if you want to stock w/your own groceries. There are no utensils of any kind in the room. There is a Kuerig w/Colombian and Breakfast Blend Decaf.
Bathroom: It has separate soaking tub and shower. The shower could fit half a dozen people w/out anyone touching. Also in the bathroom is a walk in closet w/safe, dual vanities, and a water closet. The shower was so big, it was almost too cold since there was only one shower head.
Balcony: Spans both rooms, has 2 loungers, and a sofa and chair in addition to the hot tub. The hot tub is on a timer so you have to turn it on in advance. After 45 minutes or so, its warm but it took over an hour to get "hot" and it was never truly hot tub hot. There's quite a bit of cross visibility between the 2 buildings w/ocean facing rooms around the pool, so not a ton of privacy in the hot tub unless you happen to be on the 4th floor.
Wifi: worked OK for email and web browsing. I didn't try to stream anything but I'm not sure it would have been adequate. There is a paid option that claims to be faster but we did not purchase.

Service: The service was stellar in every facet except the coffee replacement. One day they didn't replace the K cups we used and one day they didn't replace the bottled water at the coffee maker. Other than those 2 instances, I had a superb experience. Our safe wasn't working when we checked in. They sent a repair tech and when it couldn't be fixed, they replaced it w/in the hour. They were prompt w/requests, friendly and ready to offer advice or answer any questions. We talked with a beach server for 20 minutes about the state of the island post Irma and his experience during the storm. I can't say enough about the people of the island. We didn't have a single bad experience, on or off the resort, in 7 days. In fact, we didn't have an experience w/an islander that I wouldn't call great. They were all just truly nice people, even when they weren't working for a tip.

Resort: It straddles Barnes and Meads Bays. Both are beautiful beaches. Barnes is better for snorkeling. Meads is better for views and temperature. The resort and the point it rests on block the prevailing wind for much of Barnes Bay making it warmer than Meads. Of the 2, I preferred Meads. I think it's prettier. I don't think you can go wrong with either though. The sand is great on both (better on Meads though, and the water is gorgeous. There is food and drink service on both beaches. There are buttons attached to the umbrellas and the waiters wear watches that alert them when a button is pressed. Genius! Beers are $7 US w/a 15% service charge. Most frozen and mixed drinks are $16 US w/the same service charge. High, but not much higher than a nice resort in the States. Food was typical pool bar food. We ate on the beach one day. I had pizza and my wife had tacos. Both were good.
Pools:There are 3 pools. 1 is adults only. There is drink and food service at all 3.
Dining: We did not eat at Coba. We looked at a breakfast menu. The selections looked good but the prices were kinda high. Breakfast buffet was $48/person I think.

Island: Before Anguilla, we'd only done all inclusives in Mexico (Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit and Riviera Maya) and the Dominican Republic Excellence El Carmen). Anguilla's beaches were far and away prettier than the locations we'd been previously. We had a Jeep for 2.5 days, drove the entire island east to west and north to south and never once felt unsafe. The island is definitely rebuilding after the hurricane, but they are making stellar progress. There are plenty of options open for dining around the island. I would highly recommend renting a car or jeep and driving the island. Google "offline Google map" if you don't have data and navigation will still work on your phone. Getting out, seeing the island, it's people, and the numerous beaches (many of which you'll have all to yourself) is definitely worth the price of a car for a couple days.

Alcohol: Beer selection on the island is somewhat limited. Carib, Heineken, Coors Light, El Presidente, and Corona are available at the resort and most restaurants. At the grocery store they had a very limited selection of American crafts and a few other import selections. They had all the major brands of liquor.

If this sounds like a glowing review, it's meant to! The Four Seasons on Anguilla is highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jlehmann

Dear jlehmann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a detailed overview of your experience with us, this is great information for our future guests.

I am pleased to read that our service was stellar and superb, I will also be sharing the feedback regarding the replenishment of the coffee station.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another amazing stay!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

FSanguilla is probably the top hotel I have stayed at given its complete package of service, amenities, location and food. I stayed here for a 30th birthday celebration and right from the booking process when the concierge reached out, I felt catered to in a warm and welcoming way. Dharma from the concierge team was incredible at setting up in room surprises upon arrival, which also to my amusement also included a double upgrade that gave us an incredible ocean view studio room, complete with plunge pool.

The grounds of this hotel are gorgeous, most everyone we encountered was incredibly warm, friendly, and made no request seem unfounded. Bell team were awesome.

The only critique would be that the breakfast staff were not very pleasant and service was consistently slow. If this team was trained at the level of the rest of the staff, it would make this hotel off the charts!

We also used spa facilities and Stephne heard it was a birthday. She arranged a cake to be delivered at the end. Wow!! Again, the attention to detail is spectacular at this hotel.

I can’t wait to come back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heathwake
Jose_Adames, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Heathwake,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We love to hear how our staff is warm and friendly, I will definitely share your review with our team and recognize Dharma and Stephne for personalizing your stay.

I am sorry that your breakfast experience was not up to standards, we appreciate your feedback and will be sharing with the team as well.

We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

White sandy beaches. Gorgeous rooms. Friendliest staff. Bartenders with lots of suggestions! Ting with a Sting welcome drinks on arrival (which isn’t fair bc I can’t find Ting in the US).... The breeze blowing through this resort makes it so relaxing, the plunge pools on the balconies make it easy to unwind. SPA treatments very good, Hobie cats complimentary... we had an excellent experience here. Worth the effort to get there!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PattyV111
Jose_Adames, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear PattyV111,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay and especially the Ting with a Sting! Sorry you'll need to come back to Anguilla to enjoy the Ting but I have a feeling you won't mind a return visit. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.