“Great, Great, Great !!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Our most recent visit to Anguilla was over a time frame which included my birthday. When my wife asked where I'd like to enjoy my birthday dinner, it took very little time to decide upon E's Oven. We've enjoyed our evenings there during prior visits, and this dinner was no let down.
The shared appetizer was crawfish tails...pan seared, with a ragu of curried eggplant and potatoes, with a seafood cream sauce. Absolutely great! The crawfish had a citrus cream sauce at an earlier visit, and that delicious combination drew me to try the crawfish again. No disappointment here.
Entrees were mahi mahi for my wife, and grouper for me. My go to meal at E's Oven has been the red hind, but neither the grouper, nor the mahi mahi (sample provided by wife) made me regret my selection.
My wife told the staff that it was my birthday, and we concluded the meal with a delicious crepe...provided as a courtesy of the chef...and a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday" joined in by the evenings guests.
I selected E's Oven for my birthday dinner based on past enjoyable evenings. This experience reinforced that E's Oven is a location for the enjoyment of an evening, dining at another establishment wherein one of Anguilla's local chefs has made his mark, and created a gem.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

This is a do not miss place. Though it is not on the beach, don't just pass it by. The food and staff are both wonderful. Do not expect to be rushed, food comes out when it comes out. Relax and wait for a wonderful dinner. Do not skip the pumpkin soup, simply outstanding.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

A charming space with a lovely staff owned by the chef who cooks with delicious creativity. We began with an octopus appetizer . The fish was grilled and served on a sweet banana. Very special. We then had a salmon with an oriental sauce that was also very delicious. It was served with plantains and vegetables. A generous helping of ice cream for dessert was the perfect ending for the meal. I had the pleasure of meeting the chef/owner who was friendly and gracious.
A great evening on the island.
Thank you!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

A quaint little restaurant. Service was outstanding. The Chef sent us complementary carrot soup! Im not a soup lover but this was amazing. I had the 1/2 roasted chicken and I have never had flavor in a chicken 1/2 as this. Taste and see for ourself...you wont be disappointed!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We really wanted to try and like E's, given the local exposure. It just wasn't great. It's clearly a local hot spot, lots of take out orders happening, but we just didn't like the food or cocktails. The fish was mushy, tasteless and poorly seasoned. We would not return.

1  Thank jackr64