“Perfection on a plate!”

Jacala Beach Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Relatively new; gorgeous small beach front restaurant; great food and wine. Chef was previously at mallihouna.
Reviewed July 17, 2018

We walked down the beach and found this restaurant. We had friends that have eaten here before, and they raved about it so we thought we would try it out. WOW! Incredible food and service. Not a bad view as well. Sits right on the crystal Caribbean blue waters of the beach. Simply stunning and incredible food!

2  Thank hdstarr

Reviewed July 14, 2018

We visited Anguilla for a week and although there are many excellent restaurants there, this was easily the #1 place on the island. We actually came to this restaurant 3 times! The owner is a nice French man who will pass by your table and chat. The crayfish risotto may just be the best meal I've eaten in my entire life.

1  Thank j0hnc89
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here for lunch and ended up coming back for dinner we loved it so much. The risotto is delicious! I also loved my lobster clubS The owner is great with his descriptions of the entres so definitely ask him for details!

1  Thank victoriaann77
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Alain and Jacques get it. We traveled 30 minutes to go here and they did not disappoint. Was arguably the best meal we had on the island. Sure it’s expensive, but it’s worth EVERY penny. The entire staff is super attentive and the atmosphere is beautiful down to every small detail like beautiful flatware, gorgeous candle center pieces, the trifecta of salts on the table, and high quality olive oil. Jacques describes each dish with such passion and detail it’s difficult to choose. I rarely order chicken out since it’s so simple but Jacques told me about the chicken breast stuffed with lobster and served with a lobster/seafood sauce...might have been the best dish I’ve ever eatten; definitely best dish in Anguilla. It tasted like lobster was authentically woven into every bite. My husband got the lobster risotto that was perfectly executed and a pork dish that was equally wonderful. Great wine list as well.

Jacala is epic, hats off to them for crushing it and definitely worth the drive if you’re not staying close to Jacala

1  Thank simonkathryn21
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I finally made it over to Jacala, and I must say, the food was spectacular! We started with the conch ceviche, and lobster soup (I do prefer a more traditional creamy lobster bisque, but I’m a New Englander by birth.) For entrees, we had the snapper meniere, or filleted snapper. It was exquisite! Perfectly seasoned, a magical thin coating of herbs, butter and lemon. Perfectly cooked vegetables, truly the most wonderful piece of fish I’ve ever had. We also had the crayfish risotto, which was spectacular! Jacala has a wonderful wine list, and the Pauillac we had did not disappoint. Wonderful service, ambiance, and true French cooking. We will make this one a regular stop when in Anguilla. Reservations required for both lunch and dinner. Currently they are open only Fri/Sat/Sun, but that will likely change in high season. A five star experience!

1  Thank COLLEEN L