“One of our favorite local places!”
Review of Sarjai's Restaurant - CLOSED

Sarjai's Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2017

We always feel the love that goes into the making of the dishes at Sarjai's. We love this quaint restaurant that sits just up the hill from Mead's Bay beach and the Malliouhana. Service is friendly and timely. We enjoyed the super fresh snapper creole and shrimp curry this time. The caprese salad starter was one of the best we had on the island. We've also tried their coconut shrimp which are fabulous. For dessert it is coconut pie-so delish!!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

My wife and I visited Sarjai's during our most recent trip to Anguilla. These delightful meals are a product of local chef Darren Connor. The location is on a relatively quiet street on the way to Mead's Bay...not far from B&D's BBQ. We dined on a slow Friday night, and the few customers present gave us concern that perhaps we had made a mistake. It took very little time to realize just the opposite, that we were to enjoy a delightfully delicious meal.
Appetizers were tuna tartare and caprese salad. The tuna was spot on, and although I'm not a fan of tuna tartare, my wife tempted me with a sample, and I agreed that it was one of the best I'd ever tried. Though it's components are simple, the caprese salad was absolutely memorable. The aged balsamic reduction and basil oil over the mozzarella and tomatoes produced a phenomenal taste.
Entrees were blackened salmon and snapper creole. Again, very tasty, and although portions were not lacking, when I was done, I still wished there had been more.
Desserts of chocolate cake and coconut pie ended the satisfying dining experience, with the pie being the best that I've sampled on the island.
With all this wonderful food, accompanied by courteous service, dining on the patio on another lovely Caribbean evening, it was,again, memorable. The price was very reasonable. Many times, we've paid far more, and received far less.
In short then, put Sarjai's near the top of your list of dining options when visiting Anguilla.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

We've been coming to Anguilla for close to 20 years for a multitude of reasons including the people, the properties, and notably the FOOD. Among Caribbean Islands, Anguilla is known for it's great food. We have pretty much eaten at every good restaurant on the Island and know many of the restauranteurs. We just arrived at the Four Seasons ( formally the Viceroy) and had gone over our restaurant selection with the Concierge. Sarjay's, a relatively new restaurant on this culinary Island , was recommended on our first night. Needless to say our expectations for a new recommendation on a 'foodie ' Island were high. Boy were we disappointed. On a Wednesday night, during high season, while the Four Seasons Hotel down the road was full to capacity, the restaurant was EMPTY. We were the only patrons in the restaurant. That should have been the first clue. The starters, Caesar salad was bland and the calamari uninspired. For main dishes we had the Jerk Chicken which was tough and seemed like a chicken breast with barbecue sauce and the tuna which was mediocre at best.

Overall, we would NOT recommend this restaurant. The service for ONE guest in the entire restaurant was inattentive and random adolescents came in and out from the street through the dining room. Very disruptive. On an Island full of extraordinary restaurants, this would be the last one I would go to.

1  Thank Jjbheart
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Two years ago we discovered this little restaurant on the back streets. I was looking forward to eating there again this year. Not much has changed. It is still quiet and the food very good although the portions were slightly smaller than I remember. We started with the pumpkin soup, which was a little more curried than I like. We then had the shrimp creole and my wife the jerk chicken. Both entrees were delicious. The jerk was real jerk ... no wave the bottle over the chicken jerk. A creeping heat that had us perspiring. The ice cream and surprisingly excellent coffee afterwards was a relief. It surprises me how few people were there on a Friday night. There was only ourselves and another table. Apparently we were told everyone goes to B & D (BBQ joint) down the road. The owner/chef is back at Four Seasons some times ... I presume to supplement his income. He wasn't there when we visited but he has trained his staff well. I hope they can keep this little secret going. The meal with a bottle of Pinot Noir and tip was $154.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

After such amazing reviews we put Sarjai's on the top of our "to eat at" restaurants. I had the crawfish and my husband had the tuna. The Crawfish was mediocre at best. The crawfish at Dads blew it out of the water. And it was literally half the price and came with sides. The tuna was extremely salty and also not worth the huge price tag. My husband and I have vacationed in Anguilla for the last 2 years and expect a heavy price tag for food. We never mind spending the money when the food is good. But sadly to say Sarjai's really missed the mark.