All reviews vacation club villa st great house guest services water taxi st lucia rainforest hideaway plunge pool two story air conditioning house keeper our honeymoon taxi driver hurricane hole steep hill relaxing vacation botanical gardens
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I booked a holiday at Oasis Marigot in beautiful Marigot Bay; we had been to St Lucia before - stayed somewhere else - and wanted to return to the Bay as it is such a perfect location. We found Oasis Marigot after a simple internet search; the price for a week's accommodation seemed very low so we were not sure what to expect, but we were not disappointed. We stayed in one of the one-bedroom Oasis Cottages with a fantastic view over the bay and out to the Caribbean Sea, which also gave us great sunsets to watch. The place was clean and very roomy, with a large open terrace; the staff very helpful and friendly; good fun to ride the little tram up and down to the rooms at the top of the hill - but quicker to walk if you want a bit of exercise! The restaurants in the Bay are excellent and reasonably priced - the Rainforest Hideaway was a particular favorite. We also went diving with Dive Fair Helen, who provided a great service, including a good lunch between dives (Bernette and Alvin were great).

On our last day our flight wasn't until 20.45 and our Cottage was booked for new guests, so they moved us to one of the large apartments and gave us the use of it free of charge for the day - excellent service.

We are already looking forward to our next visit!

Date of stay: November 2013
1  Thank john9959
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Marigot Bay is beyond beautiful, the staff at Oasis Marigot is terrific and the accomodations are great. Make sure you have dinner at The Rainforest Hideaway and breakfast and lunch at Rowley's. Both are terrific!
Sailing on a catamaran (arranged by Oasis Marigot) to Soufriere, the Pitons, volcano and Botanical Gardens was wonderful.
If you need a taxi driver to and from the airport or for any excursion...call Ian's Taxi Service (Ian Estephane) at 1(758)715-4881...he is beyond accomodating! He is very resonable and will make any all stops you need! He goes out of his way to make your trip memorable AAA+++.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 3boysforme
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were married at Emerald Hill Villa on Thursday, June 27. After doing MUCH searching, we finally settled on Saint Lucia. Then, after more researching , we settled on Emerald Hill. It's been 5 months since the wedding/trip and my husband and I cannot stop talking about it!

We purchased the wedding package through Oasis Marigot with a bit of hesitation. We wondered if we could just do everything ourselves and save the money. SO glad we did not do that. The package is very much worth the money! We were married out on the lookout of the house and I don't know that we could have picked a better location! Nahdjla was fantastic to work with. She helped with every aspect of the wedding; she even stood in as a witness and videotaped the ceremony! She was the most wonderful person to work with and made the entire day and trip completely stress free. In fact, a few hours before the wedding, my husband and I were getting massages and eating pizza because I knew Nahdjla had it under control!

The house is absolutely amazing. It was a huge space for two people. Actually, the space next door (which is a 1 bedroom/1 bath) was not vacant, so they let us use that side too. We only used it for the pool and a different view. Though it was gorgeous, you can’t beat Emerald's view! After arriving, I was very happy there were no guests next door as we would have heard everything happening on each other’s side.

After spending 8 days at the villa, we went out on a 3 day boat trip. We were hesitant at first, but this was definitely a highlight of the trip. We basically sailed the whole Caribbean side of the island in three days. Our Captain, Bobby, was a great guide. Very funny, professional, and had the answers to all of our questions about the island! We had a hard time finding reviews for the sailing trips, and ultimately just decided to go with it. We would both highly recommend it! The sailing trip was the perfect way to start our lives as a married couple.

My two cents on a few things- My husband drives a lot for his job, after our ride from the airport we immediately called and canceled our rental. The roads are very small and hilly, and the locals know them very well and drive quite fast! We could always tell when we drove up on a tourist…! Yes, it is a hike from Emerald Hill in to town. It is definitely do able, but be prepared to work up a sweat. We ended up calling Albert( he lives in Marigot) a handful of times just to take us back to the house.

Go to a Jump Up party is possible. The one in Rodney Bay is huge and worth going to if you happen to be in town.

Ladies- pack light. I realize I was getting married, but I didn’t touch half of the things in my suitcase. I only needed one nice dress for the Rainforest Hideaway (a MUST stop for dinner!!). They have a hairdryer and don’t count on doing much to your hair.

The Hurricane Hole had great drinks and food but not so good service. However, I had heard there were to be a few changes soon, so the service might be much better.

We had Chef Joel come cook for us the night of the wedding, this is absolutely worth every penny. You will not regret this!

There is a nice grocery store on the way to Castries. Don’t waste your time anywhere else. (Unless you need just a few things, the market in town is a good one.)

Sylvie was very helpful throughout the booking process. Everything ran very smoothly.

Read ‘The Man Who Loved Schooners’ while at the house. It’s a fantastic read! Then when you get home, order it off of Amazon! Or get it before your trip!

Enjoy every minute!

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank MeganLC
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I were recently married in St Lucia and booked a catamaran through Oasis Marigot to sail for a week to St. Vincent and the Grenadines. The boat was in fantastic shape - very well maintained ans we were extremely comfortable. The best part of the trip (other than the aqua blue water and scenery!) was captain Stanley and Lee. Could not have been more accommodating and professional - took care of anything we needed the entire week and made sure our comfort was top priority. Oasis Marigot is lucky to have such great staff for this charter!!
We had never done anything like this before and everything was absolutely fantastic! Would highly recommend Oasis Marigot for anyone considering a charter near St. Lucia!

Room tip: Doesn't apply since we were on a catamaran
Date of stay: November 2013
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I can't begin to explain how wonderful the Barefoot Beach Villa, it's staff, and it's owner were during our stay in St. Lucia. The home was spacious, immaculate, had breath taking views & beautiful gardens. We were amazed how many hummingbirds called the garden their home & have many amazing photographs to cherish for years to come. Chef Xavier made the stay in the villa as comfortable as being in your own home away from home-many kudos to an excellently run establishment. We hired a chef on two occasions to cook for us at the house & we would HIGHLY recommend the experience! We were in St. Lucia for my sister's wedding, at the very nearby Sandals La Toc. The location of the villa couldn't be more ideal for accessing the resort, yet being in your 'own little world'. The hospitality of Jackie the housekeeper was spectacular-she kept the home in a beautiful state, and even helped us launder clothing half way through our stay. And last but not certainly not least, we would be remiss if we failed to mention Big Runner. What a treat. From the moment picked us up from UVF, to stopping off for a Piton & fish cakes at a scenic overlook, to helping us navigate the local grocery, to arranging our scuba dives, to accompanying us to the Friday evening Jump Up, to taking us around the all the local treasures on our way to Creole Day, the man was a special soul. He truly made the trip for us & we couldn't be more grateful for his services! All in all, when we go back to St. Lucia in the future, we will be staying at the Barefoot Beach villa & enjoying the crew! Thank you!!!!

Room tip: This is a villa, however each room has it's own bathroom, so it really is ideal for groups of 5 couples or a family in need of five separate sleeping accommodations.
Date of stay: October 2013