“Cool pizza oven and special treatment”

Masaniello Pizza & Restaurant
Reserve with
Masaniello Pizza & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Claviere
Price range: US$24 - US$37
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here one chill evening in the middle of a snowstorm. The place has a funky feel to it, a bit like an old school cantina but with a big, cool pizza making area. I was happy and fell for a suspicious, mixed seafood platter and a very well advertised bufala mozzarella pizza. Not my best decision ever, as it resulted in fun night activities on the way home. I'm sure they must have had a very busy snowy night as I'm sure they may have a pretty awesome and fresh signature pizza which one should get, just don't order anything else. That greasy pizza was greasier than my bike chain. Coffee was the highlight of the evening.

Also I'm sure they may have some great staff. Just don't tempt to change your mind on your ordered dishes or be honest with your waiter, you will get special treatment, unless you really are into the hype cool, sadly I t doesn't make up for any cool pizza oven in the world.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for a pizza and was very disappointed with the quality of the topping. I've had better pizzas from the co-op

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed in nearby Montgenèvre (France), however we were recommended Neapolitan style pizza in Claviere.
Our friends booked table for 8pm. Only 3 tables were occupied to start with however restaurant quickly filled up.

We have decided to try Italian red sparkling wine! Tom, who looked after us, recommended Barbera Frizante, light and and at €18 per bottle, great value for money.
We shared couple of starters, again, recommended by Tom, bruschetta and Fritolline (not sure if the spelling is correct). Both really tasty, bruschetta with the twist with sausages and Swiss chard!
I had pizza Capriciosa, with ham, sausage, artichokes, mushrooms, olives. The dough was amazing and pizza was baked in wood fired oven.
I could not managed desert after that however my friends shared Rum Baba and chocolate dessert which looked amazing.

When we finally asked for the bill, we were offered homemade Lemoncello on the house.

Both food and service were second to none and we were all interested to learn that Tom, who spoke really good English (as well as Italian and French) was sommelier- that explained his knowledge and recommendations for wine that greatly accompanied our meal.

We will definitely be back!

1  Thank AB2802
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Visited for the first time and this will not be the last time. The food was great along with fantastic friendly service. You will not find a better place any where around.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

...but for the rest pretty mediocre. We shared a mixed started platter (the chef's) with a very large choice of dishes, which was nice as such, but the quality was not up to the price. We didn't dare to finish the clams or the cooked sausage and the scampi had a disappointingly yellow meat, which however paired perfectly with their taste of cardboard. Cured meats were fine, as were the fritters. Pizza and pasta we had then were edible, but too far from great, and given the fact that we blew 70 EUR for two I cannot bring myself to rate this restaurant better. The coperto fee, which is ok when announced somewhere, just adds to the poor memory of our dinner at Masaniello.

5  Thank Goot