“Never EVER again!”
Review of Pendine Sands

Pendine Sands
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Pendine
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Ok so here's a bit of background - I had originally booked a weeks stay at Pendine Sands in June but due to a very personal loss I had to reschedule. When explaining the full and heartbreaking story to the staff over the phone they were more than understanding at the time and offered to change my dates. I couldn't have a refund and I couldn't have any money back despite there being a substantial cost difference in holidays. Anyway, I was very happy at the time not to lose my holiday and or all of my money. The staff at the contact centre assured me that I would have the best caravan available because of the overall cost I had paid.. So far so good.

Arrival day: (Friday) we had a lovely 1 hour journey to Pendine Sands and my daughter age 5 was bouncing with excitement. Reception staff were extremely polite, professional and helpful. They gave us our welcome pack and off we went to find our caravan. Well.. I'm afraid that's where all the niceness ends. The caravan was number 123 and I urge anyone especially it's owners to condemn that hell hole with immediate effect. When pulling up to the caravan all we could see was door mats thrown under the caravan which were covered in white dog hairs along with a broken clothes horse (I will upload pictures). Hardly a good first impression.
So we enter and all of my nightmares came true, it smelt of a dog kennel and an unkept one at that. There was dog hairs EVERYWHERE, I can't see how that caravan passed as clean. The hairs covered every part of that caravan. My daughter who was far more oblivious to the pet home we were now in sat on the living room furniture and when she stood up she was covered in hairs. None of us have allergies and or dislike pets but this was a far cry from my expectations and more so my promise!! I felt sick, the walls had brown marks and cracks. I honestly couldn't put words to do this caravan justice. Anyway, within about 3 minutes I got in the car and went to reception. The ladies there were as already mentioned so helpful and they arranged a swap for me. They must see this sort of thing happening all of the time and it's embarrassing for the company to put them in such a predicament. We swapped to a beautiful, well loved and spotlessly clean caravan to which we had a nice time. I stayed awake all of that night thinking of the poor family who had to stay in 123 as a result of my complaining and swapping. That wasn't fit for human stay!!

Entertainment - very pleasant staff who entertained my daughter. She had a great time. We didn't stop for the bingo because time was getting on. From what I saw though the venue was clean and the staff great!

Swimming - we went at 10am, only the 3 of us in the pool which was great. No issues to report although it would be a different story during a busy period (small pool, limited changing rooms & 3 showers (unisex)).

Overall: I had lost a whole lot of faith in Parkdean. I would have and should have just not bothered rescheduling and just lost my money first as last. I was promised that I would be looked after because of the amount I had paid but I wasn't. I was also told notes would be left surrounding the personal circumstances as to why I changed dates but it wasn't. I had to re-live that experience almost. And then to be allocated the 123 den was just the cherry on the top. Nothing could have salvaged my respect for the place. We stayed only for 1 night as a result of the nightmare. Never will I go to pendine or use parkdean again. Approach with caution!!!!

1  Thank Natalie M
"land speed record"
in 9 reviews
"life guards"

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Just returned from a week away at Pendine Sands, a beautiful beach which boasts 7 miles of golden sands, all of which is true. My husband and I are not sunbathers, but, love to walk along the beach late afternoon or early evening. This location seemed absolutely perfect for us to do that.
We arrived Saturday afternoon and got ourselves settled in at a nearby caravan park, all very nice. Sunday being our first full day and nice and sunny, we set off for our afternoon walk along the beach, so enjoyable, miles of flat sand, the waves lapping, it was a fabulous walk. We did notice on that fist day that there was a sign prominently displayed, which read that if a red flag was flying, you were not allowed to venture beyond the sign as the MOD own and use the beach for military firing exercises. Monday we set off for a lovely walk and quickly spotted the red flag was flying, we'd only gone approx 150 yards along the beach and had to turn back.
To our bitter disappointment, we encountered the same thing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Saturday we were due to return home and so only managed to have one walk along the beach all week. Such a shame.
Thought it was worth a mention to other would be beach walkers.

1  Thank sootycatlancs
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting with lots of sandy beach. Lovely for making sand castles. Great location. Good coffee shops nearby

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Great beach for the family and the dog lovers plenty of space and lots of places for the kids to explore. Malcom Campbell did the land speed record here so lots of history and his car is in the museum of speed at the beach. Lots of racing events are organised on the beach though out the summer with drag cars motorbikes and fast cars.

1  Thank sue_wms