“Glorious sands”
Review of Pendine Sands

Pendine Sands
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Pendine
Reviewed October 30, 2017

very long, flat beach.... beautiful place with lots of little cafes .... and quite cheap parking. definitely recommend

All reviews
"safe beach"
"land speed record"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised. Great beach with rock pools, long walks and if you go over the hill there is a rocky beach which is very quiet. Worth checking if all the beach is open as the MOD own some of it and it can be closed to the public.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

If you want a cheap coffee or tea visit Babs catering van on the right hand side of the beach, good value and very friendly.

1  Thank ShropshireAnn
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Its taken me a year to actually write this review as i honestly did not know where to Begin. We arrived as planned only to be greeted with a hell hole of a caravan. Everywhere was covered in layers of dust there was mould growing in the showers sinks and around the windows. Net curtains were filfthy Any glass in tne caravan was covered in marks and that was just the start. I have photographic evidence of this. Complained in reception and was told they wouldcsend the cleaners back ( i personally don't think tbey had bothered in the first place). When they arrived i had to show them where the caravan was dirty i was gobsmacked that they were that blind. The manager eventually came to see us that evening and told us well what did we expect as they had such a huge turnaround he was very very rude.The clubhouse i must say was lovely and there was plenty of entertainment for everyone. The amusement arcade which is attatched was also lovely and the staff were very very good. Would i stay here again never in a million years the caravans need updating throughout the park as it looks shoddy.

3  Thank Amanda W
See more reviews
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Ok so here's a bit of background - I had originally booked a weeks stay at Pendine Sands in June but due to a very personal loss I had to reschedule. When explaining the full and heartbreaking story to the staff over the phone they were more than understanding at the time and offered to change my dates. I couldn't have a refund and I couldn't have any money back despite there being a substantial cost difference in holidays. Anyway, I was very happy at the time not to lose my holiday and or all of my money. The staff at the contact centre assured me that I would have the best caravan available because of the overall cost I had paid.. So far so good.

Arrival day: (Friday) we had a lovely 1 hour journey to Pendine Sands and my daughter age 5 was bouncing with excitement. Reception staff were extremely polite, professional and helpful. They gave us our welcome pack and off we went to find our caravan. Well.. I'm afraid that's where all the niceness ends. The caravan was number 123 and I urge anyone especially it's owners to condemn that hell hole with immediate effect. When pulling up to the caravan all we could see was door mats thrown under the caravan which were covered in white dog hairs along with a broken clothes horse (I will upload pictures). Hardly a good first impression.
So we enter and all of my nightmares came true, it smelt of a dog kennel and an unkept one at that. There was dog hairs EVERYWHERE, I can't see how that caravan passed as clean. The hairs covered every part of that caravan. My daughter who was far more oblivious to the pet home we were now in sat on the living room furniture and when she stood up she was covered in hairs. None of us have allergies and or dislike pets but this was a far cry from my expectations and more so my promise!! I felt sick, the walls had brown marks and cracks. I honestly couldn't put words to do this caravan justice. Anyway, within about 3 minutes I got in the car and went to reception. The ladies there were as already mentioned so helpful and they arranged a swap for me. They must see this sort of thing happening all of the time and it's embarrassing for the company to put them in such a predicament. We swapped to a beautiful, well loved and spotlessly clean caravan to which we had a nice time. I stayed awake all of that night thinking of the poor family who had to stay in 123 as a result of my complaining and swapping. That wasn't fit for human stay!!

Entertainment - very pleasant staff who entertained my daughter. She had a great time. We didn't stop for the bingo because time was getting on. From what I saw though the venue was clean and the staff great!

Swimming - we went at 10am, only the 3 of us in the pool which was great. No issues to report although it would be a different story during a busy period (small pool, limited changing rooms & 3 showers (unisex)).

Overall: I had lost a whole lot of faith in Parkdean. I would have and should have just not bothered rescheduling and just lost my money first as last. I was promised that I would be looked after because of the amount I had paid but I wasn't. I was also told notes would be left surrounding the personal circumstances as to why I changed dates but it wasn't. I had to re-live that experience almost. And then to be allocated the 123 den was just the cherry on the top. Nothing could have salvaged my respect for the place. We stayed only for 1 night as a result of the nightmare. Never will I go to pendine or use parkdean again. Approach with caution!!!!

1  Thank Natalie M