“Do not order the Roast Beef Sandwich on a bun”

Talbot Trails Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in West Lorne
Reviewed November 3, 2017

There was a big buildup on Thurs., to the Roast Beef on a bun (Special) which turned out to be 3 very thin slices of what seemed to be days old Roast beef sprinkled with bacon bits. VERY Disappointing.

Reviewed February 5, 2017

Ate here for the first time last week when friends invited us to lunch. Liked it so much we went back again only 3 days later. Food is delicious and prepared from scratch as far as I can tell. Portions are generous and presentation is great as well. You gotta try the daily soups - very good and 3 sizes of servings to choose from. The dining room is pleasant and there is lots of room between tables. Service is excellent and the menu has enough variety to please anyone. All-in-all a very pleasant experience and we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed September 3, 2016

I drive by this restaurant all the time and did not think they were still open, but they are as I seen one car parked outside. I was looking forward to the Homemade soup but it was not available and my wife wanted fish and Chips BUT as soon as they told her the fish is frozen with the batter on she passed on the fish. Really how is it that a restaurant only a mile or so from Lake Erie does not serve fresh fish? I had the club sandwich, was OK but nothing special. This restaurant has potential but they need to start serving local fresh food.

Reviewed March 14, 2015

It was the first time my husband and I had been here. Relaxing, welcoming and friendly atmosphere once you entered the restaurant area. Debbie took great care looking after us and her son Dwayne (the chef), did an amazing job with our meals. We started with the homemade soup of the day - Cauliflower - excellent! Then the best fish and chips I have ever had with hand cut fries - served with coleslaw, lemon, tarter sauce with malt vinegar - just the way it should be. Hubby had the Club Sandwich - real chicken, crispy bacon and fresh lettuce and tomato. Although already full, we could not resist sharing 2 unique desserts. The Butterscotch Crunch and the Lemon Phyllo. Both were fantastic. All for less than $50.
They offer daily specials. Portions were generous, perfectly cooked and prices were very reasonable. We will definately be back.

Reviewed November 15, 2014

The restaurant is a portion of a former greenhouse operation but once through the door is well appointed, well decorated and has a pastoral atmosphere. Service is excellent. We came in on a Saturday lunch in November so it was quiet. The special was a great deal only 9.99 and consisted of a reuben on marbled rye with a small salad. The reuben was quite large and I and my companions found it more than adequate sizewise, beautiful in presentation and very tasty.
Dessert was the specialty of the house and it was a butterscotch delight with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream.

1  Thank Loislozon