See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2014

Worst place I have ever stayed, TV didn't work, no running water for a shower, toilet didn't flush and the food wasn't the best. The staff weren't helpful. Bed linen was old and tatty. The carpet was old and filthy. Am sure it would never pass a health and safety check.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have travelled to many countries around the world and would rate this place in the bottom 10%. The hotel has no air conditioning no fly screens and is near water so the mosquitoes ate us alive. The hotel was built just after the second world war and has had no upgrade since. the lift were of the same vintage with no ventilation and the food was inedible.

The bathroom was about two metres square. the beads collapsed in the middle .

Good luck staying there.

Room tip: Do not stay at this hotel
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I've been traveling for 12+ years and this was the worst place I've visited!!! Please don't stay there! The room I got was small, old and dirty furniture, no hot water and before going to sleep I've found a cocroach in the bed!!! This is not a nice feeling, I can tell you! Fortunatelly, I received money back and stayed in Usadba hotel- best choice in Smolensk!

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stay at this hotel complex. Our tour guide said this hotel was the best of Smolensk and we needed to experience the Soviet influence while in Russia. The best part of our stay was the fact everyone came down to breakfast the next morning and said they slept very well. So fancy does not dictate sleeping quality. This was an experience and I am glad we stayed in Smolensk. Lovely city with beautiful people.

Room tip: The eighth floor had the renovated rooms.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour. We needed to stop between Moscow and Minsk and so this was the choice. Our room was small, reminicient of scout camp. The bathroom had one faucet which was shared by the sink and tub, and left a large puddle on the floor whenever used.
The grout around the tub was black with mold, as was the lower half of the shower curtain. One of our group reported being bitten by bedbugs.

Room tip: Say somewhere else
Date of stay: September 2012