“Highly recommend”

St. George's Caye Resort Activities
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband picked this place for our Honeymoon destination. I didn't know till I got there. I asked for secluded, lots of activities and privacy! This place well exceeded my dreams! We stayed over the water. The sunsets were amazing. The cabanas were breath taking. I could see large Grey and blue angles off my deck. The best part put your mask on and jump in with them. Lots of rays and even small colorful fish. Too many to list all. We did snorkeling and saw a 5ft sting ray and many other breathtaking fish. The tangs were vibrant and you really feel like your swimming with them cause of the seclusion. We didn't dive this trip cause we had too much stuff to choose from we ran out of time. And I'm a diver who hasn't ever passed that chance up. They had a driver that took you around and educated you on the area from nuts to all history. If anything wasn't what we thought they would change it no questions. All the staff were so nice and always smiling. I seriously can't recommend a place I've ever been so passionate about. The food was delious and hand prepared along with amazing bread and deserts. evrybody who was there was just in love as we are. We will be returning back to our little island for many years to come. We haven't been home long and still close our eyes to wish we were back. It's a must go and see

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"oliver"
"scuba"

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We didn't stay here. We were on a sailboat and wanted to go diving. We did see a room, which looked really nice, and enjoyed the bar. So staying might be different. Based on diving alone, I don't want to go back.

The gear to rent was really poor. The regulator fit so badly it tore my gums. I'm a pretty normal sized woman, 5'7', 125 lbs. But they didn't have an adult BCD that fit me, so I wore a kid's, which was really awkward.

Briefing was short. They anchored the boat on coral head intentionally both dives. And seemed to kind of have a disregard for being careful around the coral and animals. They also seemed mostly interested in finding lion fish to spear. Other than lots of lion fish, there wasn't too many special things to see. So I spent most of my dives put off by the spearing and bored. If you were really interesting in spear hunting, you'd actually really enjoy this. But the anchor still really gets me.

I didn't feel like they were really safe. We actually got separated from the group for a bit and I'm not sure if anyone noticed. There had been storms, so visibility was very low, but we were able to find our way back to the group.

I didn't have a whole lot of trust in them. We're new to diving (8 dives in Fiji and 4 in Belize), but this was my least favorite experience by leaps and bounds. I would not recommend this to other divers. The diving out of Caye Caulker was much better. I would recommend going there or trying a place in San Pedro instead.

1  Thank Kate B

Been to St. George's Caye Resort Activities? Share your experiences!