All reviewssmall hotelon arrivalstayed longermini barfresh fruitamazing breakfastattention to detailthe main squarethe ground floorthought of everythingcomfortable roomsfirst floorstayed here for nightssuzannefrancevillagebeaune
Reviewed March 20, 2015

Great welcome, lovely room and bathroom , everything had been thought of. Very comfortable bed with lovely sheets, lovely decorations in room. Well equipped bathroom, luxury towels and bath robe. Fantastic breakfast, lots of fresh fruits, meats, smoked salmon, yoghurt, and breads and pastry , delicious coffee. What more can I stay, i felt as if I was a guest at my own house - I try to give my friends everything they might need!

Room Tip: only saw our room which was very good - would highly recommend a visit and we will be back.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2014

After staying in Beaune for four nights, we spent our final night in the Burgundy area in this B&B and wished we had stayed several nights here and less time in Beaune. It is an excellent place from which to explore Burgundy and a great value compared to hotels in Beaune. Suzanne serves a wonderful breakfast, there are great restaurants nearby and our room and bath were very comfortable----I suspect that we will return.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I was very interested to read from several other reviewers that they found the owner/hostess of this hotel less than welcoming. After our recent stay, I would have to agree. Her attention to detail was amazing, rooms very clean (though not especially sound-proof from noise in the hallway), breakfast was excellent, advice on local restaurants was good. However, we were left feeling slightly unwelcome. I believe this sense comes from the hostess' wish to manage every detail, even the way a conversation is conducted! Having said that, we would probably go back if we found ourselves in the region.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floor probably quieter than those on the ground floor close to the entrance and breakfast room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vantassel
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Every aspect of our stay was faultless and every need was met in this beautiful little hotel amongst the vineyards. As well as our attractive, airy en-suite bedroom with private balcony and the charming, characterful communal areas we were delighted by the homemade cakes, biscuits, jams and delicious breakfast verrines. Nothing is too much trouble for the owner who offers anything from laundry services, bike storage, Nespresso coffee machine etc plus masses of valuable local information and advice. If you decide not to take advantage of one of the great restaurants in the village then you can grab your own supper and eat it in the hotel garden or lounge with the atmospheric candles lit each evening. The hotel is just off the main square but from our bedroom balcony we felt to be in the middle of nowhere. We will definitely return and would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone heading to Burgundy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel several times in the last years and I will for sure come back. The rooms are spacious and very clean. It is quiet there (only 6 rooms in the hotel) and you have everything you need. La Chouette is a combination of Chambres d'Hotes and a regular hotel.The breakfast is very good and included in the price while the owner personally makes sure you are satisfied with it. Certainly worth recommending.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple