“Time goes by but is always a great place to relax!”

Marriott's Club Son Antem
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Llucmajor
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We own two weeks at this great Marriott resort since 2001 and we keep coming back almost every summer with all the family and there has never been a problem during our stay. The villas are gorgeous and always kept in perfect conditions (pretty shure they go through renovation efforts year after year) and just few steps away from shared swimming pools. Do not even think for a second these ppols are ovrecrowded! There 2 more large pools at the hotel and the SPA center (this one even with warm water) that are able to cope also when the resort run at full occupancy. Everything is kept tidy and clean and the satff is always very kind and truly multilanguage. Sports are not a problem in the resort with 2 great golf courses, 4 tennis courts, 2 sandy volleyball fileds and a basketball court. To be true is missing a real soccer field so a lot of adults and kids keep playing just in between the resort and the swimmng pool where there is a nice piece of land with golf-like grass. Spa is going through renovation and probably is the one area that feeld mostly the age of the resort but works are underway so I guess next year will be ok again. There are 3 restaurants in the complex...food is good but sort of expensive. Having our own villa with a fully furnished kitchen we did not feel this was an issue anyway. Also because if you have a car (yes you definitively need a car because the resort is not at walking distance from any convinence store or restaurant) there are plenty of local resturants to choose from either at Palma or nearby Luccmajor. Overall I believe I will keep coming back not only for the Marriott quality but also for the nice location of Palma that is always cozy and full of thinbgs to see and to do and with great beaches to discover.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MCapo60
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Club Son Antem

Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is my favorite MVC resort. The location is great because you are 10-15 minutes to Palma/airport/beaches and at the same time you have the peace of Mallorca inland. The villas are beautiful and the private backyard is great for relaxation as well. There is also a privat pool for several villas, never crowded. I have been to many Marriott Vacation Clubs but this one is really hard to beat. Rental car is a must. Restaurants - we ate once at the main restaurant and it was good but rather overpriced. I highly recommend Sa Cranca in Palma for the best paella of your life. It is 20 minutes drive from the resort. If you like Indian food, you must eat at La India. We ate there twice during our week. It is maximum 10 minutes from the resort in Llucmajor. The service and quality of food are first class.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank MichalP76
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The two story townhouse villa worked very well with us and our friends. Nice big fully equipped kitchen and living area with semi-private outdoor patio area with lounge chairs. Enjoyed the convenience of having the Marriott hotel next door complete with a full service spa, small market for essentials, and a nice restaurant. Don't bring dvd's from the USA to play except on your own computer; USA dvd's won't work on their players. Also, make sure you have an adapter for your electrical small appliances. Excellent concierge service through the hotel helped us have a wonderful time at Son Antem. Not on a beach, on a golf course. Don't miss the daily street markets in neighboring towns!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AllyFlorida
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Let's start with what I really like about this resort...The units are actual terrace houses which are quite different to other Marriott vacation clubs we have previously stayed it. We had a corner unit which came with a lovely private garden complete with BBQ pit and a lovely terrace where we sat out on every evening while the kids rolled around on the grass and enjoyed their very own outdoor space. My mom is disabled and thus we requested for a wheelchair friendly villa where the master bedroom is on the ground floor, and the 2nd bedroom on the 2nd floor. These also tend to be closer to the club house and main pool etc. I understand there are also villas where both bedrooms on the 2nd floor, which gives you a much larger living area below. Either way, the villas are very spacious and well-maintained which made our stay very comfortable.

As mentioned by other reviewers here, it is a very large resort, thus it can be quite tedious getting around if you are situated relatively near the main club house. Also, the restaurants lack ambience and food very mediocre compared to other MVCs we've stayed at. Service at the cafe is also rather appalling which makes the wait for the very mediocre food even less bearable.

That being said, the freshly baked croissants at the in house supermarket (market place) is lovely, and the ladies at the kids club are real stars. They were great with the kids and made every child's experience very special. Also, the concierge is not very helpful when telling you where to go for shopping or sight seeing. Another guest and i asked her about where to go for shopping, and she told us people do not come to Mallorca to shop. Fair enough but there is not a lot to do at the resort for some of us ladies when the boys are teeing off and the water in the pool is freezing, is there? what I did was got the hotel to call me a cab to take me to the historic city centre which turned out to be fascinated and filled with delightful cafes and shops! You'd think the concierge would have mentioned that to anyone asking about sights and scenes of Mallorca! So please do that while you are there. It's really worth the trip and only 15-20 mins away.

I'm in no rush to return as there are just more places to explore; and as lovely as this resort is, it just lacks the charm or soul of say the Phuket Beach club where we first signed up as members or Marriott Marbella which I have also written a review about after staying there for a week last year. Still it was a great holiday and would recommend any Marriott vacation club resort to anyone thinking about it. As members, we can refer interested parties to stay at any of these resorts for a free 4D3Ns, but I would highly recommend you try either the one in Marbella or Phuket. PM me if you're thinking about it and I'll send you details.

Room Tip: If you have elderly travelling with you, request in advance for a disabled friendly villa with a roo...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Abekin
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed here for 2 weeks in their villas. This was our second visit to this resort. The resort in general is clean with a lot to do in terms of sports. Tennis courts, golf courses, swimming pools, designated running roots and many more.

Their adverts say that, have a holiday with them and have your villa cleaned and your beds made as you enjoy your holiday. All you get is " a daily change of towels, straightening of beds and rubbish taken out" that was all. We stayed in one villa for a complete week with no clean of the toilet or bath.

I rang to complain and I was advised that they only clean villas on your 8th day, meaning if you are there for 7 nights you will never have a clean. Another excuse was that they only do a mid week clean for the Marriott Vacation Club owners of the Son Atem Resort and that even if you are a Marriott Vacation Club owner from another resort (which we were), you are not entitled to a mid week clean.

I advised them that not only was it unhygienic to use a toilet and bath for a week without a clean but also very wrong since their villas aren't cheap. The head of the Housekeeping team suggested I read their booklet in the villa which explains all that. I wasn't impressed by this so I called their Head Office and I was advised to send an email which I did. I later got a response to say that if I needed a mid week clean then I have to pay extra for it. I challenged the person who sent me the email that the amount of money that I have paid for villa only, I could have gone on an "all inclusive holiday" and that their holiday vacation club was a "con".

We moved to a different villa for our second week, and on arrival, the toilet was smelling of urine, the upstairs toilet had long hairs in the wash-hand basin, and there was a squigy thing on the floor. Tired of fighting with them over cleaning, we cleaned the whole toilet and bath ourseleves.

I eventually had a clean 2 days before we left so that meant a total of 13 days without a proper clean.

Again, the air condition in the gym was out of order after our second day and a lot of us complained about it and nothing was done. So we resorted to walking and running along their designated routes which was quite refreshing.

Apart from that it was a good holiday it was a good holiday.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank LizLeicester
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We have been owners here for a number of years and have noticed the standards & value declining over the past 3 years - this July being the most marked. The Marriott has gradually taken away owners privileges while upping the annual maintenance fees & prices generally. Every year we fill out long questionnaires about our stay but have never once had a response from them nor have we had any suggestions acted upon. This hotel group needs to start listening to its customers or they will quickly lose them in droves.

We were not informed in advance that 9 holes of the East Golf Course would be closed and that the driving range and one of the two main swimming pools was under repair. Marriott have cancelled the popular weekly party for “owners’ and the golf tournament reception while the nightly entertainment is now only 3 days a week - and no celebration for the 4th of July (in previous years we were told that this was the biggest day in Marriottt’s calendar) - and the list of penny pinching goes on and on! The new manager said in his welcome speech to guests that they need to bear with it this summer & promised that all will be vastly improved next year!.

However, I did feel that Marriott could have attempted to make things more enjoyable for guests... if the staff could be bothered - but there is still no organised activities for the young kids (8-14’s) - tennis, golf, football etc - to make matters worse they close the 4 tennis courts at 8pm (the best time to play) because the spa staff go home then!

On the golf course the officious course rangers might be encouraged to help players deal with the searing heat by offering cold drinks / towels etc. to help combat the conditions (as they do in every other warm country) - rather than getting verbally irate with them when a buggy leaves the path!

The Vista Verde restaurant is still a big disappointment - both quality of food & staff attitude - while the cost for food & drink throughout the hotel is ridiculously overpriced for the standard of resort.

I was particularly struck by the number of guests this year who were generally unhappy with the resort.

On the plus side - this is still a beautiful place with the potential to be amazing. The west course is in good condition, the villas and gardens are well maintained and the kids club look after the toddlers very well. The quality of food in the main restaurant has improved immensely and the staff there, at the reception, housekeeping & activities are all great.

We will give Son Antem one more try - but are looking for a vast improvement in quality & the attitude towards its guests.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Dormie2
Reviewed 27 July 2011

we have stayed at both the hotel and in the Vacation Club villas before and opted this time to just go to the villas as they provide more space and privacy. In addition the pools are for only a few villas so they are never too busy. In addition, one still has the opportunity to use the hotel facilities and sample the restaurants.
A couple of days before arriving, I received a call from MVCI to check that I had everything organised and to see if there was anything else they could do for me. What personalised customer service. We were staying in 2 villas with another family and arrived at the resort mid morning after an early flight from London. The villas were fortunately ready, so we were able to check in and get unpacked and had time for a quick swim to cooldown before lunch. All the staff and service throughout the week was excellent. We booked tennis courts every morning and golf for a couple of afternoons. The At Your service desk was able to make restaurant reservations which took away any hassle. We tried La Finka, the new restaurant at the resort, but it is not part of the hotel and enjoyed a good meal which was child friendly.
We also ate at the hotel buffet restaurant on our last night and this has been improved since the previous time we had stayed. Good selection of food and wine and generally a good ambience.
The golf range was limited as they were making some changes and the first 9 holes on one of the 2 golf courses was out of service as they were making repairs to that part of the course, but we just played 9 holes as my wife and son are still learning to play. The Kids golf 4 Free programme is a definite winner.
While at the resort, we were very fortunate to see Rafael Nadal play golf in a local tournament held annually at the resort. He is a scratch player and only lives 30 minutes from the course. What a friendly and personable superstar he is! He was smiley and relaxed while a small gathering of admirers took photos and requested autographs as he played the first hole. That good impression and autograph made my 9 year old son's holiday!
Hope we can go return to the Villas at this wonderful resort... it offers a real holiday for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank euanmitchell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llucmajor
4.8 km away
9.2 km away
Hotel Pure Salt Garonda
Hotel Pure Salt Garonda
#2 of 78 in Playa de Palma

Been to Marriott's Club Son Antem? Share your experiences!