“Better than last time!!”
Review of The Fountain

The Fountain
Cuisines: Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

I came here a few months ago and absolutely hated what I had as there was basically nothing appealing on the menu, my food came out and tasted horrible. But I know normally how good their food taste, so I thought I'll come back again when they change their menu!! This time I had the scallops for starter, that was amazing and then for main I had the duck, it was cooked to perfection, not over done so that was really nice!!! I absolutely love this place!! The staff are very friendly

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Superb choice of starter , mains and Desserts on offer at reasonable prices . Service brilliant as was the whole meal. We will return.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

A pleasant setting in a quiet village.
The menu is varied with up to 5 types of fish dish.
As in previous visits well cooked with exceptional service and very well cooked and prepared.
For the service and food quality and very reasonable price.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Our food was very good and the service excellent. (Quite shocked though at how quickly they were able to bring out our mains!) There was nothing appetising on the set menu so ordered from main and the bill came to much more than comparable quality pub style restaurants in the wider area. That said, would return.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Having visited The Fountain for Sunday lunch in the summer we were impressed enough to return on a Saturday evening with friends. Our second visit did not disappoint.

The Fountain has a large car park and lovely garden. There is easy access for wheelchair users. The service is impeccable and the food excellent. I had one of the blackboard specials of the scallops and can honestly say this was the best meal I have tasted in a long while. All the staff were very attentive especially Lucy.

Do try this restaurant, it is so lovely.