Dragos Del Sur(Puerto de Santiago)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$83
  • Pool
Casa Regina Tenerife(Puerto de Santiago)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$41
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
Apartamentos Arena Suites(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Bar/Lounge
Apartamentos Vigilia Park(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar(Puerto de Santiago)
  • Restaurant
Jardin Marino(Puerto de Santiago)
3,845 results
All reviewslos gigantesnatural poolsaladexcept sundaybad reviewsbed apartmentgreat holidaysiam parkpool viewfussy eaterbars and restaurantshot dogscleaned every dayplenty of choicelarge poolnight time entertainmentfresh towels
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on an all inclusive break in early October 2012. Our room was in fact a one bedroom apartment. First impressions were that it was very clean but it was definately in need of some refurb work. I believe that the hotel has some refurbished rooms and ours must have been on the "to do" list !! But it was clean. Staff came in every day to mop and change towels (except Sunday).
The staff throughout the hotel work hard. Most of them are very friendly and will afford you a smile.
Alot of the reviews for this hotel complain about the food. Can I just clarify, this a 2/3 star hotel. Bearing this in mind, I thought that the food was generally good.
The cuts of meat were decent. Beef, lamb, chicken.....oh and quite alot of pork !! But you also had offerings of Tuna steak, swordfish and lots of fresh salads. Breakfast was usually good. My only gripe regarding the food was the bacon that was offer. The hotel uses small pieces of fatty streaky bacon. All laid out on big trays so that the pieces overlap. Hence, all the bacon is partially cooked leaving fatty overlapped pieces. Moan over. It didn't ruin my holiday.
Drinks are plentiful, San Miguel is the free lager. Wines and Sangria are on tap at meal times.
Loads of soft fizzy options aswell.
Our balcony overlooked the smaller quieter pool. This suited us and this is where we chose to sunbathe. The larger pool has the poolside bar. Free burgers and hotdogs bar. Oh and loud music.
The resort is a lot quieter than Playa or Los Cris. A short walk around the corner takes you to the seafront. I would recommend a visit to La Pergola restaurant with its terrace overlooking the sea. Go around sunset time for a lovely experience. Btw, the food is very expensive. However, the drinks are reasonably priced.
We would happily return to this hotel. Nice location. Good staff. Good food.Total chillax !!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room overlooking the smaller pool. Avoid the top floor. They don't have a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wheelers1960
Reviewed October 27, 2012

arrived at reception to a lovely greeting ola wrist bands on map of resort and directed to our room 348 spotlessly clean livingroom bedroom and bathroom.balcony overlooking pool and bar .restaurant was good choice was as good as 5 star we have been too .staff were very pleasant and very smartly dressed hard working lads and lassies.whole resort was clean even toilets in areas .snacks at cocos bar nice also icecream and lollies. evening etertainment was ok we sat with a good couple from london(tracey and dave) they must have brought me luck (marilyn)as i won a line and a house and a bottle of champagne at bingo bongo ooh la la lol all in all a good holiday we would return as it was a lovely hotel only 1 fault they need to have better toppers on the beds . thankyou to all the staff at the tamaimo from the berkeleys

Room Tip: we had room 348 overlooking cocos bar and the 2 pools lovely view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marilyn b
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Well me and my boyfreind booked our holiday 1 year ago!! We were so exited to go then a week before we left I did somethink silly I looked at the reviews on here ,, we were so worryed about comeing because most reviews were bad but here goes!!... We arived at 1 in the morning the man that greeted us was nice and helpfull!! We got to our room was spotless!! When we were going to brekfast the next morning our balconi door wouldn't lock so I went and told the receptionist the repair man was there about the same time I got back to the room!! Fast service and allways helpfull!! went for brekfast was lovely!!infact all food was good if you didn't like what was ther was allways chips n bread! Tbh we eat out a few nights to try the local restrahjnts they we're also good n cheep!! Rooms were cleaned evryday was ok !! Staff ,,, they were all okay to be fair some freinly than others :) we had a good laugh with gerorge we called squeek and juen we called piella as we had a lil joke with them!! they were the two that greeted u as u came in and took ur plate ( mind my spelling)haha people say the staff aint freindly but if u make a effort they will too!!eva on training she was also lovely allways smilleing she will find it veryy easy to get a job!! All recepitonist were nice!! Yeh some staff only talk a lil english it doesnt matter. Just takes llonger to get a answer sometimes lol! Pool was fine plastic cups was fine I was never in a que.. Sunbeds were being reserved at 8 but the staff have a good way to prevent this by putting them away! It was full of spanish on weekends was ther two weeks never had any problams we were on entertament side and had air con wasn't too bad some times it was loud not all the time... Disco bar was abit full for us we sat in the other bar!that was nice outside!! well we enoyed our hoilday a lot and will be comeing back next year !! Don't knw how this place has lots of bad reviews :s,!! Anyway don't let the reviews put you off!it did put me of but im so glad we came!! Also made some nice new friends!! Keep up the good work to all the staff to maintain the standard :) !!

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank alisanddan
Reviewed October 25, 2012

As had many others, I read the several and varied reviews on these apartmentsi before I arrived on 6th October for a fortnight's self catering. On this basis, I found the accommodation to be without fault.

I overheard two girls complain to the rep one day that the food on all inclusive was disgusting, that they were having to eat out each mealtime and that they wanted to know what recompense they might expect. They were eating "English Haute Cuisine" in the local bars: susage, egg, chips, bacon, beans, etc.They had a particular complaint about the steak and kindey pie. For God's sake, why go all that way to eat steak and kidney when the local cuisine is so varied, cheap and delicious. A pair of chancers, I believe, for the overall opinion amongst those who were on all inclusive was that the food was fine, with enough choice for anyone to find something suitable. I went in for a look myself at one evening sitting and there seemed to be plenty there to suit all tastes, even the diehard Brits who wouldn't try anything local, and certainly nothing without chips! I don't suppose that Spanish visitors here would find the Paella served up in our hotels to be particularly authentic or satisfactory, so the lesson is "when in Spain, eat as the Spaniards do".

The other prime issue among the previous comments have been about the sunbeds around the pool.There's nothing wrong with the provision, the fault lies entirely with the mindless morons who seem to want to spend their entire holiday lying on the same sunbeds in the exact same spot. Much "reserving" of sunbeds with towels, etc, even for kids who then spend all day in the pool or for daytrippers who want "their" sunbeds waiting when they return in the afternoon. The hotel could remove all such items on an hourly basis if not used in the previous hour, but be fair-their intention is to please their guests, not atagonise them. The fault lies entirely with the lazy, selfish, mindless morons who practice this daily game. All I can say in defence of the practice is that it gave me a good laugh each morning as I looked down on the idiots each morning. And what did I do if I wanted a sunbed? (twice in a fortnight). I walked up the hill to the El Marques complex opposite the Post Office where there was a very nice pool and ample padded sunloungers. It says non guests are welcome, but of course the all inclusive wristbands don't work here. Wristbands?, they're more like handcuffs confining visitors to the same pool/sunlounger/canteen/bar/etc, Day in, day out. They'll come back and say they had a lovely holiday. "How was Tenerife?", Very nice. "What did you see?".The Hotel. The island is volcanic, the hills steep, the coves small and the sand black. Duh, just as they tell you it is, So why the surprise when this is what is found?

The staff are helpful and friendly. They deserve the Nobvel Peace Prize for some of the moronic complaints and requests I overheard being put to them. The cleaning and linen service was faultless.

I do realise that, for some, a holiday with their children may only be possible on the "all inclusive" option. On that basis, you get what you pay for and, at this complex, you seem to get as good as or better than you might get elswhere. But it wouldn't suit many, for the reasons given above.

Room Tip: Avoid British groups or large families.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank dennisjones1
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed There from the 14th of Oct for week. The location quiet but nice, only the beaches are disappointing, very small. Our bedroom was located above the kitchen, deliveries are dragged down metal steps in the morning, quite noisy. The beer is. Very weak although the other drinks are ok apart from the white wine which tastes like retsina although when asking for cocktails never got the same drink twice, sometimes no Alcohol just juice The food is ok ish but no paella all wk ? Hotdogs in pasta ? Why. All staff very helpful. Good hotel if not too picky

• Stayed: October 2012