Just returned today from a 14 night stay with the wife and 3 children. Overall we all agreed the hotel represents good value for money IF you don't pay brochure prices. We booked on a self catering basis for just over £300pp then upgraded to all inclusive after a day. The difference in price by upgraded once there is HUGE - I reckon we saved over £1000 compared to the quoted prices by upgraded there. The reception give adults a Silver wristband and kids a blue one which needs to be worn to get the AI treatment. The hotel rating is 2 star which I would say is about right...read on.....
We saw numerous holiday makers giving away bands when leaving to new arrival (for free) which is disappointing - no checks are made when entering the eating area's to see if your band is valid! Bob the rep for most of the companies which use the hotel was aware of this. Something needs to be done to stop non-payers abusing the system.
In terms of the hotel itself - it is defo a case of M&S one side and Tesco's the other in terms of quality. We think at some point the hotel may have been two and has been combined to make one large 400+ rooms - the site is roughly a figure of "8" with apartments in one section and rooms in the other - our room had a sea view (Section C) but the road behind was very noisy early morning (4am+) and we had no air conditioning or double glazing to dampen the constant noise. The rooms are in dire need of modernisation - but the rooms are large in size and very clean. We understand the rooms are currently being bought into the 21 Century so future residents may find a better quality fitted room than we did. No cleaning takes place on a Sunday.
The pool area is a defo plus point for this hotel - 4 large pool area's and yes plenty of sunbeds and new sun umbrella's too which were inleashed 3 days after we arrived. The sun-beds are chained up @ night and unleashed to the waiting crowds between 8.30am to 9am - so make sure you are up and ready with your towels for the scrum!
Night time is either spent eating yourself silly till 9.30pm then taking in the BINGO and shows afterwards in the disco .
In terms of days out we went to both beaches in the area - the best being heading out of the hotel and up the red steps infront of the hotel turning right at the top then a 15 minute walk along the front to the black beach known as Playa De La Arena. Superb waves and crystal clear waters but do take a sun-shade as the life-guards do charge for use of the facilities.
A must for anyone looking to see the dolphins and whales is the
Flipper Uno trip - go down to the habour and book direct with the office there - we paid 28 euro's compared to the 50 euro's the hotel/Thomas Cook will charge you! You will get to see plenty of widelife close up and enjoy the swim and rope swing + food aferwards. We all throughly enjoyed the 3 1/2 sea voyage.
To sum up the resort is great for families - we had no trouble nor saw any so don't be worried about coming here. Once the hotel is modernised then we would defo return. Food is average - nothing special but plenty to try and drink is free flowing....would we return ?? Well probably IF we paid a similar price again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel is made up of 372 comfortable apartments and is located in Puerto Santiago in Tenerife between Los Gigantes and the lovely beach known of Playa de la Arena. At the Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel there is a variety of accommodation to choose from such as comfortable studio apartments, large one-bedroom apartments or two-bedroom apartments - ideal for family holidays. Within the holiday complex there are spacious and peaceful solariums with free sun-lounger service for you to relax in or you can take a refreshing dip in one of the 5 swimming pools (2 adult, 2 kids and 1 heated). For an unforgettable holiday in the sun, entertainment is available for both adults and children from 11:00am to 11:00pm when the disco bar comes to life with with professional night shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Globales Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Globales Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago, Spain