I travelled to this hotel with two teenagers and my husband. It was booked as a late deal and we opted for the all inclusive option. After booking we had read mixed reviews and were worried about the amount of thefts being reported but am pleased to say that we were not targeted. This might be something to do with my husband being 6 ft plus and built like a rugby prop! We did, however, hear of other people losing items and having doors kicked in and windows broken in the middle of the night.
There appears to be two sides to this complex, a newer side with aircon etc and an older side. The room we were given (room 313) was on the older side and had no airconditioning and renting a fan from reception would have cost around £25 per week. We bought one cheaper locally and used that instead, donating it to a neighbouring apartment when we left. The safe fee was a bit of a rip off too and cost us around £25 for the 9 days we were there, only 5 euros is refundable but in this environment it's a must.
Our room was cleaned regularly but was falling to pieces in places. The patio doors didn't lock, the safe didn't lock, two of the beds were badly broken and the electrics were very dodgy. The bathroom light switch pushed right into the wall when you touched it and the lamps etc only needed you to wave at the wiring to come on. All that said though, when we spoke to reception they immediately sent a handyman round who replaced the safe lock and the beds were both replaced within a hour. The wiring etc wasn't fixed though. You should note that both patio doors have locks. No-one we spoke to appeared to notice this and most were only in the habit of locking one of the doors. This might explain the amount of thefts with no apparent forced entry.
The mattresses etc don't have protectors on them and are stinking! You could smell them through the sheets and we ended up using double sheets. Somewhere as hot as that really should use mattress protectors as well, I dread to think what we were forced to sleep on.
Our room was on the third floor and next to the street outside and was very noisy. We didn't sleep one single night in the whole 9 days we were there due to idiots singing, shouting, arguing etc in the street outside the apartments at all hours. The only night the idiots were quiet a flipping brass band starting playing at 6 am and then went on for two days solid.
The food was okay, about as much as you could expect from a 3* hotel and we found there was always something we could eat. Our biggest complaint was with the bars. We are not big drinkers but at night time only one bar was open with only one member of staff serving and we regularly had to queue for up to 30 minutes in sweltering heat for a drink. Think it was a bit of a ploy myself to put you off drinking much.
The advert said there were snacks on offer in between meals and ice cream for the kids but this wasn't the case. Ice creams had to be paid for and the only snack bar open also had to be paid for even if you were all inclusive. If you missed breakfast or lunch there was nothing on offer for all inclusive.
Within a few minutes walk of the hotel there is a supermarket, some bars, shops and restaurants, these seem to be pretty reasonable for people going self catering but the better deal would still be all inclusive if you've got kids. Drinks in the hotel such as cokes were around £1.50 each.
I personally wouldn't go back to this hotel, it was run down in places, the service was slow on the bars, it's pretty noisy and right in the middle of lots of apartment complexes and near to some noisy bars and nightclubs. If you have booked this complex already, don't worry it' s not all bad. The pools were nice and just try to ensure you get a room off the streets and in the newer side. A safe is a must and be sure to lock both patio doors. I'm sure this would be better out of the mad season and it might be worth taking some mattress protectors with you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel is made up of 372 comfortable apartments and is located in Puerto Santiago in Tenerife between Los Gigantes and the lovely beach known of Playa de la Arena. At the Globales Tamaimo Tropical Hotel there is a variety of accommodation to choose from such as comfortable studio apartments, large one-bedroom apartments or two-bedroom apartments - ideal for family holidays. Within the holiday complex there are spacious and peaceful solariums with free sun-lounger service for you to relax in or you can take a refreshing dip in one of the 5 swimming pools (2 adult, 2 kids and 1 heated). For an unforgettable holiday in the sun, entertainment is available for both adults and children from 11:00am to 11:00pm when the disco bar comes to life with with professional night shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Globales Tamaimo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Globales Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical Hotel
- Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife
- Aparthotel Tenerife Tropical
- Tamaimo Tenerife
- Globales Tamaimo Tropical Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago, Spain