“Horrible Chinese”

Pekin
Ranked #37 of 129 Restaurants in Empuriabrava
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Had a meal here last week and even if I look past the poor service, the forgotten order, the over filled starter plate leaking all over the table - I can't look past the quality of the food (or lack thereof).

I know on holiday we Brits let our standards slide a bit and just smile and say "yes that was lovely thanks" but I couldn't have done that here.

The main courses ordered by my wife and I were gloopy and tasteless with a poor quality of meat. My Vietnamese spring roll I'm sure was just dog food.

I'm not one to just bad mouth a place on tripadviser but I feel this place deserves a poor comment or two. On reflection we did wonder at the time why other customers seemed a bit unhappy but clearly they had simply received their food before us.

Avoid

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed September 30, 2015

I have been to this restaurant twice now and it was recommended by some friends who have been going there for years.

The staff are friendly and nice and the service is very good.

I highly recommend the menu for six people at a cost of E8.50 per head - it is very good value and excellent quality - the pekin duck is to die for - Lots of good quality food to eat and I guarantee you will not go home hungry!!

The owner also tells me they are open from lunchtime all the way through to 9.00

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

Empuriabrava has 4 Chinese restaurants. We found out that Pekin should be the best one. Despite the fried starters the 6 persons special menue turned out to be very nice, both from quality and quantity. It's more than enough for 5 adults and three kids. The staff is very, very friendly and charming.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed January 22, 2015 via mobile

Visited in Jan 2015 so it was very quiet... But I can honestly say that this place is fantastic. Extremely friendly staff (dressed in traditional Chinese attire) serving top notch, quality Chinese food at an unbelievably cheap price... If your in Empuriabrava and you like Chinese food, you have simply GOT TO visit the Pekin.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good food for a cheap price, the best chinese restaurant for me in Empuriabrava in 2013.
3 course lunch for € 7,50 !
Or a la carte, dim sum, everything is very good.

Date of visit: June 2013