All reviews dock bar sunset cafe st kitts mountain view no safe in the room caribbean side laid back large balcony local feel local flavor bars and restaurants could be anywhere small fridge full kitchen grocery store daily maid service hired a car
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

This resort is located in the Frigate Bay Area of St Kitts, the buildings are apartments and are clean. I stayed 3 nights. Having stayed at the Marriott on my last visit I thought I'd try something different.

I'll begin by stating in my opinion the resort is NOT for patrons with mobility issues; there are some very steep hills to climb and that's just to get to the apartment. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is the walk back to where check-in is. Think seriously about this before booking. I stayed in the 4th block, arrived late afternoon and check-in was straightforward with the customary 'credit card' swipe. The hosts were helpful in assisting me to my apartment - which is not an easy walk with luggage and not much better without.

My apartment was overlooking the island with views of the ocean. Inside was very clean, a nice kitchen, electric cooker, oven, American style fridge freezer, microwave, kettle, tea making facilities, TV with a good selection of channels, however, mostly USA channels. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils and crockery. For families it'd probably make sense to buy food in and cook at times.

A comfortable settee, table and 4 chair set, other chairs, two bar stools, coffee table were present in the lounge/diner/kitchen area. The doors opened up to a good size balcony which had two sun beds a round table with two further chairs. Sites of the island can be had from there. The bathroom was basic but had all the facilities I needed, the shower worked and was warm.

The main door to the building opens directly into the bedroom but doesn't pose a privacy issue; its large has a built-in wardrobe, king size bed and drawers to hold everything.

The light in the apartment was an issue for me as I prefer natural daylight but for privacy the 'very thick' curtains were kept drawn most of the time, which meant near darkness at times. There was a water shortage on the island but didn't detract from my stay as it only affected me on one occasion.

Eating was a pleasure to begin with but I soon wanted something different after a couple of days. The menus are limited but a good chef with freshly cooked food was welcomed when I was hungry. There are a few other restaurants nearby so if you can move around one of those may give more options.

Food (like a lot on the island) is not cheap so have money; the taxi fare from the airport was $43 EC, slightly less if you have more than 5 of you going to the same place. Everything in this location was quoted in US$ and EC$ - US dollar always seemed so much cheaper but I hadn't brought any with me.

Wi-Fi coverage was excellent with a good range. I walked from the fourth block to the restaurant with no loss of signal - I was streaming YouTube. You have to stay within the boundary for this to happen. I used FaceTime a lot this also had very few issues in operation. I would recommend they have a secure network so that I feel more secure in using the internet.

I didn't use the pool but it seemed okay many residents were swimming in the sea. These are not white sandy beaches but they're beaches all the same and the weather is good for lazing on the beach.

There's monkeys, cats and chickens to keep your company whilst you make your way around the resort. It is well let at nights just as well because there's music pumping out until very late. If you like your peace and quiet this isn't for you.

The resort is not for me, mainly because of my mobility issues which hindered me from trying things further afield. It should suit mobile persons of all ages and families.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Njae63
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Our room was fine. However, there was a coffee machine but no kettle, which made making tea interesting! Also only coffee mate was provided, not milk. On the positive side there was a fridge and the AC was very effective.

There was a problem when we arrived - we had booked 2 double rooms - one with a double bed, and one with two singles (for 2 friends sharing), but the rooms we were offered both had double beds. However, this was sorted out fairly quickly.

The second problem was the free Wifi - which worked only intermittently in our rooms. The reception staff were very helpful in trying to sort it out, but basically our rooms were too far away from the internet source and we were never going to get reliable internet. It was no better than we first stayed there 9 years ago.

The third problem was that some of the staff in the restaurant were surly to the point of insolence. I would recommend that they get some customer service training. I must add that this criticism does not apply to the reception staff who were all most helpful.

Room Tip: If you want internet insist on a room near the offie!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueandPhil67
Reviewed April 15, 2016

We found the Timothy Beach Resort management very understanding and sympathetic when a last minute booking problem arose. They treated us with the utmost courtesy and understanding. Thankyou Timothy Beach Resort.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

You need to know what you're getting if you stay here. This is nothing fancy, but it is clean and sits on the Caribbean. My unit was in the furthest building from the beach, but the view from my balcony over South Frigate Bay at sunset was breathtaking. I really didn't mind walking 3 minutes to the beach.

Charming attributes- the staff, the clothes line where they dry the linens, solar water/power, the roaming chickens, the cats, the locals swimming in the bay, and the monkeys. We saw monkeys on our front lawn or behind our unit in the trees most every day.

Less charming features - no water overnight (which you'll find everywhere except the Marriott), no control over shower water temperature, weak shower stream, and wifi that only worked for the first 3 days (big dissatisfied for my teenager and why I gave 3 stars.)

I would stay here again. I like the location by the strip and the Caribbean. The walk to the Atlantic-side restaurants is easy. I felt more like a local staying in an apartment for a week than a tourist staying in a chain that could be plopped down anywhere and you know exactly what you're getting.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

We visited Timothy's in March and had a great vacation. It's a three star but a Gem. I've stayed at many large well known 5 stars chain/corporate resorts in the Caribbean but they do not offer the Caribbean charm that you find at Timothy's. This resort is older, could use updated but is what I call Caribbean rustic and it all adds to its charm. It is also clean, friendly, casual and laid back. The beach bar has a great view of the sunset and has a happy hour with cheap drinks and a very friendly staff. It was a great place to mingle and chat with other guests.
The beach area is small but it never felt crowded and we could always find chairs. We did not use the pool. Entering the water for about 2 feet from the beach are a few rocks but there is a path to navigate through, so no issues. We ate at the beach bar and restaurant and both were good. One of the best features of this hotel is the row of "restaurant-shacks" a 2-4 minute walk down the beach. While in the ocean at the resort you can see this row of shacks down the beach. To me this is what "old island , unspoiled life " must have been like years ago-- we ventured down the beach and those shacks had the best meals. They were very popular and the outdoor seating right on the beach quickly filled up. Try and get there just before sunset, otherwise you may only find a table inside --but still all with open air large windows and a view of the ocean. We highly recommend Cathy's (closed on Mondays) and Boozies for dinner and drinks. Both reasonable priced. There is a grocery store about a 5-10 minute walk from the resort for any snacks, meals, drinks, booze you may want. This resort is a charming, older, three star with lots of charm. I highly recommend it and would love to go back.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends