See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 29, 2016

Poipet resort casino is located at road-side between Thais and Cambodian border, so It is very easy to run immigration process. This hotel is medium size and the room is reasonable price offered. Right, there are many promotions offered me i.e. promotion chip rolling with free of charge room (but I need to play casino game) or even room sold with breakfast (so variety of promotions). The room is clean but I recommend that you should stay with Superior room because it has window to see Poipet view but standard room type has no window.

Breakfast serve at underground floor named Food Loft and the food has many Thai food serves. Check in time is 2 pm but the check out time is mid-day if you stay later than 12.00 am the receptionist will call you ask to extend or check out.

In summary, the room is reasonable price for the Poipet casino area (because in casino area the rooms are quite high price quoted to guest) and room is also clean. Reception will details you many promotions in order to match guest requirement as well.

Room tip: room with window like Superior room type
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was going to this hotel for some visa issues, like a lot of other peoples. I did not like the place Poipet itself but the hotel was fine. There is gambling all over the floors but I did not mind. The rooms were clean, proper and quiet. They even have a small fitness room on the second floor and a spa area. The food was not good. I had breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening at the all-you-can-eat buffet for 250 Baht. It was okay, but I think the Cambodian cuisine is either way not as good as Thai. If you are on the road and just looking for a place to sleep or crave for gambling, it is the perfect place for you.

Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank Sonja M
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I did not stay at this hotel, but I played blackjack there and I ate several meals at the little restaurant out front. It does not seem to have a name, but there is a window to the kitchen in the wall, and seats on the wide sidewalk. The western breakfast is only 100 baht, and is filling enough. It comes with one egg (fried only), toast, tea or coffee, 2 slices of ham, 2 small hot dogs. I also had macaroni with chicken and Pad Thai chicken, 50 baht each and very good. One drawback is there is no milk for the tea, just powdered creamer. Still, it is a great place to eat and watch the people crossing the border on the street in front of you. The staff are very nice.

Room tip: Get a room facing the street if possible.
Date of stay: January 2014
1  Thank bormanator
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Do not go there! We booked this hotel for an overnight on our way to Siam Reap. We truly regret not going ahead. It was all a big scam. First of all this hotel do not take any kind of debit- or creditcards. The resepction is in the middel of a casino. All the casinomachines take thaibath. The reception does not! We asked for ATM and they tried to send us 1 km away with a local mopeddriver, but it turned out there actually was an ATM 100 meters away. As we are a couple they tried most things to split us up, probably to scam us one by one. When my boyfriend left for the ATM they insisted he would need his passport. Not true, but if I would have listend to them and run after him with his passport, it would mean leaving them alone with our luggage... After we came back with us dollars from the ATM they could only give us the exchange in cambodian rial to en extremly bad exchangerate benefiting them (a bit like allowing them to rob us). All other hotel recomended us to change as little as possible ( a max of 10 us dollars) into rials as the course changed from day to day. Poipet Resort Casino on the other hand insisted on giving us 70 us dollars back in rial. In a city full of scams this place is the worst we experianced. And their so called multilingual staff were no where to be seen. I couldn't tell much about the rooms as we ended up leavning the hotel choosing to stay on the streets rather than staying there and get robbed.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
16  Thank Anie79
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Poipet Resort is apparently same owner as Grand Diamond City even connected by a foot bridge. Although prices are on the higher end of its nearby competitors the rooms offered are one of the worst. Superior room booked had no windows (all superior rooms have no windows). On their website they advertise; "all rooms have coffee and tea making facilities" NOT TRUE. Superior rooms have no such thing. The lobby is grand and posh but all other facilities at the Poipet Resort are mediocre at most.

Choose one of the other Casino Hotels in the "Poipet Strip" as for the same price you can get much better rooms and facilities.

Date of stay: March 2012