All reviewsrooftop poolbluetooth speakergreat hotelchilled tunesdj playingbreakfast was amazingmodern hotelsan antoniolong weekendwater taxicomfy bedsea viewgreat musicclosing partiesstayed for nightssant antonipool party
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Lovely chilled out hotel, stylish and contemporary. Both pools lovely but fantastic views from rooftop 9 of ibiza. Staff very attentive, drinks decent prices and music very good. Flamingo floats a nice touch round downstairs pool and beach is a bonus

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GexSHI, Guest Relations Manager at Sol House Ibiza by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear nich0lbratby,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review and for the maximum score given to Sol House Ibiza! This is the best reward for all the human team.

We celebrate that you enjoy all the aspects of your stay with us, specially, our fantastic Rooftop 9 with the delicious cocktails and the stunning views and the treatment received by our staff, the are our strongest point.

Hope too welcome you again in a near future!!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the sol house for a 3 night break for our anniversary and my birthday.
First impressions of the hotel were very good.
Great location, very clean and modern.
Room was a little smaller than expected considering my husband paid for a upgrade but that was cool considering it was just the 2 of us.
Nice touch with the complimentary drinks in the fridge.
Roof top pool and bar are amazing but the service is shocking!
We paid to use one of the luxury double sunbeds, the deal is €130 for the day but you get €110 to spend on food and drink.
We thought this was a good deal but we were so wrong. It’s nearly impossible to use all the €110 credit as the service was so bad!
We were waiting over an hour for pretty much every drink we ordered and that’s if they brought them over at all, half the time they totally forgot (or so they said).
We hired the beds at 12 o’clock we both ate lunch there which used over €20 and we was still sat there at 8pm trying to use all our credit! So this was one of our 3 days wasted.
We did put in a complaint and at the time we felt it was dealt with very well. We were offered the same bed and service for free the next day.
However the following day they knew nothing of what we were promised. In the end they let us stay on the bed but we had to pay for every drink we had!
Apon checkout we paid for all the food and drinks that were charged to the room. We were only offered to see a invoice once we had paid.
When checking the invoice we found a random €148 Bill from the roof top bar. When questioned this they looked back through and someone had put themselves down for a €148 tip!!!
This was refunded but no apologies and it took a week to go back on my husbands card.
If we hadn’t have taken the itemised receipt after paying we wouldn’t have been any wiser.
Extremely disappointed with what could of been a lovely break.
We visit Ibiza every year and was hoping this was somwhere to come back to.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank serenamartin2018

Dear serenamartin2018,

We appreciate you reaching out on Tripadvisor to notify us of your concerns related to your recent stay at Sol House Ibiza hotel and apologize if you experienced any inconsistency in our service, we have read your review with our utmost attention and will take note of your constructive remarks.

Regarding your experience in the Rooftop 9, we are sorry for the lack of agility and service shown by the members of our team. We will insist on staff training to develop a more guest-oriented attitude. In addition, our apologies for the incident with the bill and kindly ask you to take it as an isolated human mistake.

Nevertheless, we are glad to read that you liked some aspects of our hotel, like the location, the very modern design and our comfortable rooms.

Again, we genuinely appreciate the time you took out of your day to inform us of the inadequacies you experienced during your stay and we sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Firstly the hotel itself is mostly great. The basically private beach, downstairs pool, rooftop bar, lobby area and rooms are all great. The actual location isn’t particularly convenient as it’s a 30 min walk to anything in San An and a €35 taxi to get across to Playa D’en Bossa, which we found ourselves doing a lot.

The good at breakfast was great (apart from the baked beans - not sure how you can get that wrong!) but the dinners were much more hit and miss in terms of quality.

Despite the fact we checked in after dinner was finished on the first night and ate out one night at Bossa, we were treated like criminals for trying to get a plate of food after we’d checked out on the last day. Totally over the top reaction from the staff which marred the experience to be honest. Nobody seemed to mind us buying the expensive drinks all day from the pool bar after we’d checked out.

Without this experience and with slightly better food, this hotel would have got 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
GexSHI, Guest Relations Manager at Sol House Ibiza by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear kevintuk,

Thank you for your insights following your recent visit at Sol House Ibiza. We always look for ways to improve and your comments are crucial to our future success

Regarding your complaint, I would like to clarify first that our guests with half board have the dinner included the arrival day and the breakfast included in their last day, but not the other way around. Nevertheless, each situation is different so for next time, please, do not hesitate to contact with our front office staff, we are sure that we could find a solution.

Despite everything, we celebrate that you enjoyed the rest of the aspects during your stay: our Rooftop 9 bar, both swimming pool areas, our comfortable rooms and the breakfast buffet.

Thank you once again for making us your choice hotel and for your constructive critics, we certainly look forward to serving you again and to have the opportunity to exceed you expectations in a not too distant future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

We had an excellent time during our short stay , however , the way the hotel reception has dealt with an item of lost property has been horrendous. My daughter left behiond a small toy with emotional value in the room . We contacted the hotel reception who said they had it , they however refused to send it on to us despite our offer to pay all costs involved , claiming we had to pick it up personally or arrange for someone to go to Ibiza to pick it up. Expecting us to pay £300 on travel to pick up lost property is ridiculous. How hard is it to package a small toy and send it to our adress ...seriously unbelievable

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Les,

Although we sincerely regret reading that your experience with Sol House Ibiza fell short of your expectations, we are grateful for the time you spent to share this feedback of your overall holiday experience among us as we certainly believe that there is always room for improvement and your constructive feedback is very much appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain you that we never refuse to send lost properties to our guests. Nevertheless, because of our policy, for overseas shipments, our guest is who manage the delivery with the shipping company and the hotel is just in charge of preparing the package.

Despite everything, we are glad to read that you enjoyed an excellent time during your stay with us.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

When planning my trip to Ibiza this time I wanted to stay in a hotel I’d never been before and my sister suggested sol house. I found the communication with the staff before my arrival good as I had asked some questions via email and received a response quickly. On arrival on the Saturday we had a early flight and arrived by 10am but had to wait around until 3pm til our room was ready which was ok as we left our luggage and went for a walk. Our room was on the 3rd floor 301 which was a street view. The room is very spacious and I love that they have a dock in the room that you can connect to via Bluetooth. We had lunch on one day and I ordered fish and chips which didn’t arrive as expected. I found the menu quite deceiving and I wasn’t happy with my food. The sun loungers we’re always busy so if you come down later on in the day it’s hard to get one but I always went to the roof top which opens at 12 and got a lounger up there. The view is amazing from the rooftop. Breakfast there is something for everyone in fact I found that I was having so much from omelettes on one plate to fruit on the next.I found the staff really polite, friendly and helpful during my stay and will be staying at sol house again on my return to Ibiza

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
GexSHI, Guest Relations Manager at Sol House Ibiza by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Rissacsw,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay in Sol House Ibiza. It is wonderful to hear we were able to make your stay unforgettable from the moment you arrived until the moment you departed.

Although we lament reading that we weren't able to meet your culinary tastes on this occasion, please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the kitchen department to further improve our services.

On the other hand, we celebrate that you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable rooms, the stunning sea views from our Rooftop 9 and the great breakfast buffet.

Last but not least, we are very grateful for your lovely words about our human team, this is our best reward.

Looking forward to welcome you again on your return to Ibiza.