“Vegetarian friendly”
Review of Gastro Vista

Gastro Vista
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Slano
Price range: US$45 - US$136
Description: Our restaurant is small family run buisness located right above Slano bay. We are preparing & serving authentic local food in Family style. We do not have a tipical MENU like others..we like to represent our options, fit the courses to your will, and secure the meal based on our daily menu & fresh things we are having to prepare inside kitchen. Every day we have several options in meat, fish and other dishes so come and try.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Ill tell about unique experience that I had.
Been in Slano for a week last year. It is a lovely and nice mediterranian place on the southern coast of Croatia with beautifull landscape, clean sea and lovely people.
One night we had offer to go on an closed and exclusive dinner at this place called GASTRO VISTA. At first, we encountered most representative place with stunning view. As being vegetarian for almost 20y I always have doubts about what I will eat. This time I was fully surprised. I will tell about it.
At the begining I warned the staff that I am a fully vegetarian type of person – they smiled and told me not to worry, that chef will take care of me especially.
For the begininig I was served wit a domestic cheese diped into the olive oil served with olives and capari, afterwords I recived filled eggplant domestically made.
For the main course I was completly surprised – the chef arrived and asked me would I like soya medallions fried, grilled or cooked in domestica sauce – I did cooked because I already tried grilled and fried but never cooked in sauce. I was served pasta with souce with parts of soya dipped in soya sauce, tomato, herbs and white vine as i was explained – the taste was unique, the food was excellent quality and the experience was memorable. We had sweets in the end and we drinked homemade vine and cognac and grappa whole time.
Just few times in lifetime I have had that kind of food that was served not in the specialised vegetarian restaurant. Thank you for that.
I will retourn in Slano, this time with my family.
Greetings from northern Italy.
G.

2  Thank giovannietro1

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Much times I have been at this restaurant, meeting friends there and having special ocasions with my family...
One thing I can say, write or however.?...it is apsolutely fantastic!!!
Last time we had local (great) starters : homemade sausages, dry dalmatian ham, porks belly acompanioned with local cheese in oil.
in another course came great asparagus soup, and beef soup.
Main course: extraordinary!!! grilled venison & wild boar chopes and cukini`s risoto.
Desert: reali good traditional cake Budim & espresso.
And last but not the least : housemade brandy&cigar...
And a choice...Monte Cristo, Cohiba maduro 5, Camacho....
Stunning...
I mean.??...
This is not a restaurant.
This is the "RESTAURANT"

3  Thank STone11House
Reviewed October 16, 2017

This place was recommended to us by our friends and we didn't regret that we had dinner here. We had a grilled fish and for dessert a home made cake.

If you're a type that likes to experience what local culture can offer, then this place is definitely for you. Far from traffic and crowd, with domestic cuisine and pleasant personnel, this place is a real jewel. We'll be definitely back, next time we visit Slano.

2  Thank NicholasK35
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a bit out of the way but it packs an amazing view. This is the place to go if you want a taste of Croatian home cooking. There was no menu, just a choice between fish or meat (veal, rabbit or pork neck) but owner/chef is accommodating to create something that you will like. Food was nice, it could of done with some potatoes as it was just meat and vegetables but I understand that's a local thing. I paid 175 kunas for a 500g piece of fish with a few peppers, which seemed a little more expensive than other restaurants and I wasn't informed of any prices until the end so be careful because it can quickly add up. House wine and homemade liqueurs were good! Would of rated higher if we were a little more informed throughout of prices and if portions were bulked out a little more with some extra potatoes or something - isn't that what home cooking is all about?

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

Must see place as it's something completely different and unusual.
Great atmosphere, beautifull view on Slano, fantastic ambient but not as fantastic as food we had. Home made starters together with fully bodied oysters were amazing. But, main dish (buzzara with different seashells ) was something we will never forget
And of course, different type of wines reccomended by reasturant's alfa&omega Toni was great as well.
There is only one recomandation at the end :
In such exclusive restaurant everything has to be exclusive including tonic in gin tonic. I would propose to replace schweppes with either fever-tree or thomas henry :-)

1  Thank Teovic