Las Plumerias Lodge and Surf
Hostal Hamacas(El Astillero)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Magic Bay(El Astillero)
All reviewsfamily styleamazing weektotal beginnerspent two weekslas plumeriasswimming poolpoint breakper daycentral americawavessurfinstructorsunsetcampyogacooksnicaragua
Reviewed January 11, 2015

I stayed with Etienne and Emeline for a week over Christmas 2014 and had an awesome time. My coach (Julien) had me surfing by the afternoon of the first day and I was surfing a local point break the morning of my 2nd day. Aside from great surfing and beautiful scenery, Las Plumerias is very relaxing with good food and plenty of downtime between surfing sessions to relax, read, nap, whatever. It is a week I will not forget and I thank my gracious hosts and my awesome coach very much. Whether you are a great surfer or beginner like me, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2014

I was in Las Plumerias from december 13th to 23rd. It was my second stay over there (I also stayed las year) and it was perfect , again!
Food is great.
Surf guiding is just awesome : we picked the best spots and times for surfing and had multiple beautiful sessions.
Accomodations are awesome too and very clean.
I'll definitely come back again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Las Plumerias provides an amazing surf trip experience for those looking to explore everything Nica has to offer. Great food, relaxing atmosphere, and beautiful surroundings make it at the very top of my list for vacations to return to. Etienne and team provided everything I needed and it goes without saying, when you are headed to surf in Nicaragua, you'll be surfing some of the most perfect consistent waves in the world. Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank stevdb
Reviewed July 14, 2014

2nd trip there last July and still the best place for having great time: surf, relax, food, bungalows, people & staff !
Emeline & Etienne, with their 2 daughters, own the place for 5 years now - their are the experts of the area for surfing the best waves at the best time !
You will receive a great warming welcome every morning by Eli & Lionel, great staff, open minded and always here for any request, advice, and laugh !
And finally, great local maids cooking awesome food, taking care of clean bungalows, and always here to practice your spanish !
Don't miss that place if you travel to Nicaragua and want to avoid the crowd !
BUENA ONDA

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank cedmart
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I'm not a surfer, but when my buddy invited me to join him on his surf holiday to Nicaragua I couldn't refuse. I didn't know what to expect once we arrived. It ended up being a very fun vacation, and our stay at Las Plumerias was no doubt a big part of that. Etienne and Emeline were great hosts, and their staff very accommodating. Our bungalow was quite comfortable, the grounds were well-tended, and the swimming pool was the perfect place to hang out in the evening to watch spectacular sunsets and drink bottles of Toña from the open bar. The meals that were provided each day were amazing, everything super fresh. I ended up getting a couple of surf lessons, and got to surf a few times in some of the best surf spots.

It is possible to walk down to the shoreline quite easily from the camp, where there is a wide open beach, great for swimming and exploring. Plenty of tide pools and cool rock formations. You can snorkel there although the waves tend to be kind of choppy.

It's been over a month since we left this place and I still wish I was back there!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends