All reviews separate toilet one night other reviews bath ramparts basin stroll
Reviewed June 27, 2016

This hotel is not the Ritz, but the staff treats you as if you were at the Ritz. What a nice bunch of people! They answered our questions, chilled a bottle of wine for us, and even let us park in the garage in the courtyard as it was raining heavily. The town was charming for a walk and the store owners were very pleasant. The hotel breakfast was great. In sum, we would stay here again. A charming hotel in a charming town.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Spike314159
Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

Good location, clean rooms, but dingy looking building and dreary atmosphere. We had trouble getting into the room and in and around the hotel, door onto,the street was locked after 11 pm and if we had not luckily met a guest,leaving to walk her dog we would not have been able to come in for the night. Reception attendant on duty was a maid who had to fill in for the reception clerk,who,apparently was on vacation. Bizarre access restricted by individually locked doors, mid afternoon the lobby was locked while the maid ran an errand, we even locked ourselves,out of the room by leaving the key in the door on the outside. Anyway, if ww ever came back we would try another hotel. They were not very welcoming or helpful. Parking was also very hard to find.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed May 4, 2015

I found this hotel to be charmingly dated, and perfectly located in the heart of the town. Some visitors may be put off by the faded and slightly musty carpets in the hallway, and by the furniture that hasn't been replaced in 30 years. But I rather like those things. Our room was spotlessly clean. There is free wi-fi that worked well, but finding a plug to charge our devices was a challenge - we had to unplug the lights. The bed was super comfortable and the room so quiet that we overslept and left much later than we'd planned. There is parking in the locked courtyard which was perfect for us since we didn't want to fully unpack the car.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2014

The hotel was cosy, clean, in the heart of the old city, walking distance to most attractions. Nicely decorated, loved the window that looked up the sky and rooftops, nice decoration, all comforts I needed were provided, really loved it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Aggeliki K
Reviewed September 13, 2014

I agree with all the previous comments.

Good: Its in the centre of town, they have off site free parking, breakfast is available, should you wish to have it, the free wifi is good, the rooms are nice and clean.

Could do better: doesn't have a lift, the corridors smell a bit damp, it's fairly basic.

It is clearly stated that they are a two star hotel and they charge a pretty good rate considering all of the good points I have listed above, so I am curious as to what more people expect (we paid 78 Euro per night at the hight of Summer)!

Maybe I am easily satisfied, but it seemed like a good deal to me (I.e. walking into town for dinner and not worrying about how much had to drink before driving home is one little bonus that the great location can afford you)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple