All reviewstipsy seagullpizza nightliquor storeacross the streetthe hotel managerfull kitchenoff seasonfishlaid backthursday nightcar rentalturquoise watersoft sandcinnamon rollscracked conchswimming pigsdaily housekeeping
Reviewed June 16, 2018

We had a three bedroom, four bath unit. It's not luxurious, but the place was clean, furniture and beds comfortable. It you want to stay in the Treasure Cay area if you'll be boating or spending plenty of time on the water, then you can't beat the location. We rented a car a couple of times to get to Marsh Harbour. The rental car location was right there. The staff is very helpful when you need anything. I'd go back for sure.

Room Tip: very nice to have a room overlooking the marina
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
StephenKappelerGM, General Manager at Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Thanks for your excellent review, we will continue our commitment in excellent cleaning and renovations to ensure your satisfaction is earned. You are right about the excellent adventure and things to do here at Treasure Cay on land and or water....
Feel free to contact me direction as a returning guest so that I may assist you with your next adventure travel to Treasure Cay. And the best value on the Island of Abaco.
Best, Stephen

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Treasure Cay is amazing. Besides an incredible beach and wonderful people ... the staff at treasure cay marina , hotel and restaurants are amazing. We stayed for 6 glorious nights. Avis Miller and the ladies in the office made every moment of our stay special. Their kindness and suggestions for activites went above and beyond and were exactly what we were looking for. The hotel is quaint with great views... super clean and centrally located to all the other islands. We loved our suite with it's full stocked kitchen and dined outside every meal. The abacos are magical and treasure cay is the perfect base for an awesome vacation.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your excellent review and more importantly for recognizing our resort manager Avis and her team of friendly associates. Truly our Bahamian out island culture and friendliness is our strength at one of the Out Islands longest standing full service resorts...we continue to get better and make improvements via your suggestions and repeat business. Our Hospitality Promise guarantee and lowest rates on the island, make us the best value with the most adventure and things to do.

Looking forward to your return.
Best,
Stephen

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I can't say enough about the beautiful beach and water on Treasure Cay... it was simply stunning! I had read reviews that the resort was a bit run down and did find that to be true. So we knew going in not to expect much from the resort. However, we were still disappointed with certain aspects. The ladies in the office were wonderful, helpful and kind. The maids and bartenders were not. The first morning the maid did not leave us any toiletries, coffee or empty the overflowing trash can. I called the office and they sent some over. The next morning no toiletries or clean trash can again. I called the office again and the maid came over. I asked her to just leave us some extra toiletries so we would have them upon returning to the room each day and she refused! I had left tips both days also (after that no more tipping). Overall the room was clean enough except for the bathroom (rusted toilet, corrosion all around toilet base, tub very dingy).
After eating two meals there (one at Coco and one at Java), we quit eating at the resort. The pizza at Javas was $18 for a small and it was like a cheap frozen grocery store pizza. I don't know if they serve some other kind of pizza on "Pizza Night" because I had read reviews that it was awesome then. We went to happy hour at each bar all 4 days and the bartenders acted like we were bothering them. Only one of them ever even smiled at us.
We ate the rest of our meals at Florence's Café and they were awesome! Each morning we would get either a huge cinnamon roll or a breakfast sandwich and then go back late afternoon for an early dinner. Those people are very nice.
We took an excursion one day to see the pigs, feed the sharks and explore Elbow Cay. It was a lot of fun.
Because I had always wanted to go to Treasure Cay I'm glad we went but I would not recommend staying at the Treasure Cay Resort and Marina. There has to be a better place to stay than that.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MountainRK

Thank you for your review!
I understand Avis our resort manager met with you and assisted you all throughout your stay with us. doing her best to accommodate your every request. Avis and our friendly associates have more excellent reviews than any other Abaco resort has total reviews and for good reason, we guarantee your satisfaction.

Thanks for recognizing the outstanding adventure at Treasure Cay and nearby cays and Florences Café. Treasure cay has more dining options than any other outisland resort location and footsteps from your accommodations. Pizza night is the Abaco Islands social event every Thursday, with visitors travelling far for the excellent entertainment and high quality pizza. In fact every year families return again and again for this Thursday night special event. All Pizza is hand made to order, using fresh ingredients. Should any guest have a problem with a pizza we will gladly replace it for you. As General Manager living here 5 years, I can attest that the Javas Pizza outlet has had the most excellent comments of any Pizza shop on the island. We are sorry if you were not pleased and suggest as every receipt for every purchase has my guarantee on it with direct contact, I will be pleased to refund you and or deliver what you expect. That is our hospitality guarantee.

Best,
Stephen

When Avis can assist with an upgrade she always does, we are sorry due to high demand, she could not extend that request on your recent visit

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

A true gem of the Bahamas. We stayed in unit 1075, great view of marina and spectacular sunsets. Everyone there very friendly and eager to help with any questions or make helpful suggestions.
Unit was very clean and comfortable. Fully stocked kitchen(other than your food and drinks).
Great beach just across the street.. Will definitely be back and would recommend this property.
The worst part----leaving after 6 fun filled days. .
Thanks for great memories!!!
Janet

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Ok, so I decided to give Treasure Sands another chance this time going for lunch. It was like night and day. The food was amazing and served actually quite quickly. It was deliciously and our waiter was amazing. Totally different staff at lunch I found out. So I realized it is probably hit and miss according to the staff at the time. I would highly recommend lunch and enjoy their beach. It is the beat.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family