“Pre Christmas Party”

Restaurant At The Old Hall Hotel
Ranked #26 of 50 Restaurants in Frodsham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Housed in a charming 16th-century hotel in Cheshire, Old Hall Hotel restaurant offers fine traditional English cuisine. Set in picturesque countryside, the restaurant provides a sophisticated setting in which to dine. Full of character, The Old Hall Hotel oozes traditional English charm with elegant decor, log fires, original beams and classical design. Traditional British cuisine is the key focus, with delicious dishes like slow roasted belly pork with caramelised apples and parsnip purée, Cheshire cheese and onion pie or Old Hall fish pie with shellfish. Classic favourites on the dessert list include sweets like raspberry Eton mess or warm pear and almond tart. There is a good selection of wine to complement your meal, along with a range of locally sourced cheeses and homemade fruit chutney. Offering traditional British dining and a warm, relaxing ambience, The Old Hall Hotel and Restaurant in Cheshire is on the main street in Frodsham.
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Went with a few friends. It was busy on arrival and we were shown to the small bar and a table for pre meal drinks. The food took a little while to come but considering it was so busy can only be expected.
I went for Pate starter which adequately filled the hole before the mains and was very tasty. For mains I had the Turkey dinner which was really good. Some of the veg a little over cooked for my taste but overall pretty happy. The cheesecake for dessert was very bland and in hindsight I was I'd had something else.
The staff were friendly and looked after us. I'd certainly recommend the Old Hall for accommodation as numerous friends have been well looked after here and will now recommend it for the food and certainly large parties. Overall not quite perfect so 4 out 5.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Our yearly night out (normally a curry and some beers) was upgraded to something a bit more traditional this year and so we found ourselves (some 20+ strong) at the Old Hall in Frodsham. Various people have been at various times and said it was nice and the reviews looked good but Christmas dinners can be tricky.
Luckily for us the event went very well, the venue is a lovely old building with nooks and crannies and the table was in a far quiet corner of the room (more for other guests benefit than ours I suspect). The menu was traditional but varied and several dishes caught my eye. I eventually went for the goats cheese fritters (delicious) roast turkey (also very nice) and cheese cake (ok) all of which were presented very appetisingly. The waitresses worked their socks off and kept the booze flowing without too much fuss and I think everyone had a great time.
As an extra I think that's the first Christmas dinner I have had at a restaurant where it was actually hot!!!
Great time, and lovely location.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal. Very good value on the set price menu. Good choice well presented and friendly service. Would recommend.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

The Old Hall offers a menu of the day offering a competitive price package for a three course meal. Smoked salmon starters always good, the steak meals are always excellent but several colleagues tried the fish and said it was very tasty. If staying for one night then we would always choose the hotel restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Plenty of choices for meat eaters and vegetarians. Along with the more traditional fare, fish & chips, burgers, fish pie etc there were some very imaginative dishes too. I had the quinoa salad with roast peppers, walnuts and blueberries with a mustard dressing and it was delicious.