“Avoid Room 99 at all cost”

Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Frodsham
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Avoid Room 99 at all cost”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on a craft weekend for the last four years. It's in a lovely position high on a hill, but some of the rooms are badly in need of updating. This year I was in Room 99. AAaaarrgh. It's what I affectionately called 'The Cave'. There is a wall around 3ft from the window, so no light in the room. It is also behind the swimming pool complex so it is noisy from 10pm to morning when they do the leisure area cleaning. There is the sound of a generator/pump all day and all night and after 10pm the sound of a weird tapping noise (sounds like someone in the room above jumping on the bed!!). I spent two sleepless nights in there and having paid a supplement for single occupancy I wasn't impressed by the managements help, or lack of. Basically the manager tried to fob me off with 'problems with the chlorin levels - it won't last long' and various other excuses. Why wasn't he just up front and explain the problem. This room should never be let to paying guests!!!

I complained to Best Western who basically said it's not our problem we don't own the hotel and passed it on to the person I was complaining about, said manager. Some of the reception staff are lovely and helpful, others not so. Don't mention mobile phone signals (you won't get one in Room 99) because you'll get a lecture from the receptionist who 'knows a lot about mobiles' to quote her.

I won't be returning to this hotel. Not because it's a dreadful place, but because there is a lack of customer care on the part of management. If I pay to stay in a hotel I expect respect and not lies.

Room Tip: Room 217 is a suite with a jacuzzi bath - lovely.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jean B
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Dear Jeanieb.
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor and as we have already dealt with these problems via e mail It is not my intention to go over old ground only to say there were a number of lessons learned and I am glad that you feel we have resolved the situation.
As you said in your review you have attended these Craft Fayres for 4 years and we are delighted that you previously enjoyed them.
Once again please accept our apologies.
Kieran McCabe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Having stayed here numerous times over the years have seen big improvement the hotel has always been a nice hotel but is now being updated which is good to see,we got married here many years ago an they were fantastic it felt like they just opened the hotel for us personally ,the staff were that good and then recently my sister got married here and again they were fantastic the food was a hog roast at night supplied by the hotel Amazing....dont think you will be dissapointed on a stay at this hotel..

Room Tip: lovely village of frodsham down the hill lots of nice little pubs
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Dear ClairT
Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review on Trip Advisor and i would like to thank you for your kind comments of which i shall take great pleasure passing onto our team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.
We have plenty of offers on in the new year so keep an eye on our website and we shall look forward to welcoming you back soon
England
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Food in the cafe overlooking the swimming pool was not good. Scampi was under cooked. Very slow service. Not a cosy room!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear Madjamie
Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Trip advisor.
I would like to thank you for describing our hotel as a pleasant Hotel and glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I would like to offer my apologies for the aspects that you did not enjoy and give you my firm assurances they will be addressed by our team here at the Best Western Forest Hills.
Kieran McCabe.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed here recently with my husband, sister and brother in law. My sister bought this on a KGB deal. The room we had was a little like a 70's throwback, but the hotel does appear to be updating the rooms and having said this the room was warm and the bed comfortable. We had no view as we were at the back of the hotel, so cannot comment on the views in the rooms but the there is a nice view in the restaurant if you get a table by the window. We arrived on 11/11/2011 and the hotel was doing an £11 three course meal and £11 bottle of wine, so we booked. The food was good, especially the lamb. Breakfast was very good. The staff where very helpful and friendly. The swimming pool area was one of the nicest I have been in at a hotel, I especially liked the low lighting (we swam in the evening), very relaxing. The only thing I noticed when dining was that the waitresses uniform had seen better days, the blouses where far from pristine and the girls needed to put their hair up as they looked very untidy. All in all we had a lovely two nights here and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel, possibly because we had booked on a cheap deal. This room ha...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lozandpaul
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Lozandpau.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor and we are delighted that you enjoyed the experience.
The KGB offer has been very successful and we will be running more offers like that in the future.
If you keep an eye on our website we have some excellant offers if you fancy a break in the new year and we promise to give you a room with a view.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This is one of their modern, purpose-built hotels, rather than a converted country house. The staff were cheerful and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and warm, and the bed was comfortable. The menu in the restaurant was fairly limited, but there were no problems with the quality. It will be my hotel of choice the next time I am in the vicinity.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Dear JBD47
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor giving us such positive feedback.
We have only recently joined Best Western and its proving to be a very benefical move.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Neston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Having just stayed for a long romantic weekend at this hotel I am compelled to write my first ever trip advisor review. I had read previous reviews stating the rooms were a bit dated, this may have been the case, but certainly no longer as rooms have now been updated as part of a recent refurbishment. The staff were extremely professional and food was fantastic. Excellent views over the Mersey and surrounding area.

I would highly recommend to all.

Room Tip: Room 107 had an excellent air bath with the highest water pressure I had ever seen (deep bath filled...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Jackie P.
Many thanks for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.
I will take great pleasure in passing them on to the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills.
I am glad we were the first hotel you have reviewed and you had an enjoyable romantic weekend.
Its nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
We have lots of offers coming up in the new year so keep an eye on our website for them.
Yours sincerly
Orimattila, Finland
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I would have scored top points to this hotel without unfortunate fire alarm in the middle of the night. No advice what so ever from the staff. You need to figure out yourself when it was safe to go back in again. Very poor performance.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Turmanow
Many thanks for posting your comments on Trip advisor.
I am sorry you feel nobody gave you adequate instructions on when to re-enter the hotel,our policy whenever we have an alarms activated during the course of the night is to evacuate the premises and investigate immediately due to the reduced members of staff that are on duty in the building at the time.
I have discussed this with the duty manager who was staying in the hotel on the night in question and he has informed me that when it was discovered it was a false alarm all the customers who had left their rooms were informed that it was safe to re-enter the building as he and the night porter had verified the problem.
The safety and security of our guests is of the most paramount importance to us and we will never compromise this or put people at risk.
Once again many thanks for your comments
Kieran McCabe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frodsham
0.9 km away
11.3 km away
Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks
12.5 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Best Western Forest Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!