“So much food!”

Samui Institute of Thai Culinary Arts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 22, 2017

This is the second time we have cooked here. Amazing authentic Thai cooking, the staff is great and chef is not only skilled but funny. On our last visit it was raining so we decided to do an evening cooking class. Very interesting, meet other people from other countries. Cooked very tasty food and all sit at the end and eat what we have cooked. You take home a recipe book of what you cooked and can also purchase equipment and ingredients. I dare say we will return. Thanks for the new recipes.

1  Thank Liss72
"prawn salad"
in 4 reviews
"take away"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
in 3 reviews
in 13 reviews
"learn how"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a great time. Well worth doing it when you are in town. Very clean and very helpful hosts. Loved it.

1  Thank Aaron F
Reviewed April 16, 2017

We hadn't planned to do a cooking class in Chaweng, but when the rain set in we needed an alternate plan. Our hotel was just up the road from this location and the staff at our hotel highly recommended it.

We did the evening cooking class and made pad Thai, green Thai curry, and a curry soup. I am probably mixing these up, but it was a well-rounded menu.

The instructor led us through the cookbook (which you get to keep) and gave suggestions on how things should be cut and prepared. She showed us all the ingredients in bulk and what they may look like back home. We prepped all the food then went to the kitchen to cook it in woks. She had ample staff on site to help in the kitchen which made the experience (for a newbie like myself) much more enjoyable.

Once we had made all the items and tested them out, we all went up to the dining room to feast. Was fun to meet people from all over the world and enjoy the dishes we had created. They were all super delicious!! If you don't like a certain item, they have no issues substituting them out for you. Free water and a refreshing drink are included.

I had a fabulous time and would recommend this cooking school to others!

1  Thank Kim C
Reviewed April 15, 2017

I recently attended a cooking class at SITCA and had the best experience. We made three dishes, Phad Thai, Tom Kha Gai, and green curry with chicken. Everything was so delicious and better than I have ever had at a restaurant in the states. Chef Roong was wonderful and explained the dishes throughly. She told us what each ingredient was, why it was important to the dish, and the role it played in the balance of the flavors. It was very informative. I cannot wait to try out some new meals for my family!!

1  Thank Melanie M