“Amazing culinary journey...worth every penny!”

Samui Institute of Thai Culinary Arts
Ranked #4 of 8 Food & Drink in Chaweng
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The top agenda of the holiday was to do a crash course in Thai cooking and we had made no booking till we arrived in Koh Samui last evening. This morning we made a call to SITCA and to our luck we were accommodated at the 11:00am class, the one we wanted to do.
The class is absolutely amazing. The class instructor Roong is such a wonderful person. She explains carefully with hints of laughter, teaches you how to cut all the ingredients, how many seconds/minutes you need to cook each meat, how fine/thick you need to cut your vegetables, etc. The entire team at SITCA is so well organized, well coordinated, helpful and friendly. The class provides each participant with his/her own cooking station and burner, a recipe book to refer to and a pencil should you wish to take notes. You get to enjoy every dish you prepare and if it's too much to finish, they'll pack it for you to take home.
Great job team SITCA, thank you for the beautiful experience!

2  Thank Erin P

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience at SITCA. The chef gave us a lot of insights to Thai cuisine, above and beyond what we expected. My husband cut his finger during the class and they were very helpful in dressing his cut, even giving us extra plasters to take away with us so we could change his dressing when we got back to the hotel without having to worry about buying it from the pharmacy.

1  Thank JeanneSam
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Booked this through buffalo tours. It was such a great experience and I would recommend anyone who wants an informative and fun cooking class to come here.
The head chef explained everything so well. We went through preparation and cooking techniques and she taught me so much. I thought I was a good cook before but there were so many elements that I hadn't considered when it comes to thai cooking.
My partner wasn't able to participate as he had a broken hand, but he was able to sit with me taking notes and photos, and then was able to enjoy the meal once we had finished cooking too.
A very welcoming and enjoyable experience

1  Thank Bec D
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Our group of 10 plus a single traveller from Italy we "adopted" for the day .. had a very educational and tasty day in a professional kitchen.

The food was freshly prepared. But we are left to make the remaining finishes that required us to learn techniques specific to Thai meals.

We could not wait to get home to try our new skills. I can only let our pictures speak for themselves! Definitely worth the money. Definitely do again. They had about 4-5 different menus and lengths of courses.

1  Thank mandiricho
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Unbelievable tricks of the trade in Thai cooking at the school of a Thai culinary arts in Kho Samui.
From Pad Thai through to Red curry this is a must visit and try your creations. Awesome night awesome recipes awesome food and awesome teachers will do it again before we leave give it a go and have some fun.

1  Thank MichelleMark7517